Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    From what I have read he's a great center but not a good tackle. I think anytime you draft a player and that pushes a good player off your roster soon it's not a win-win
    According to the Rookie Scouting Portfolio, he would have been 4th round grade at tackle, and first round at center. So that at least suggests some versatility this year with likely a long term goal of him replacing Mack next time his contract is up.

Mack's contract does indeed include an opt out clause after 2015...
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Dolphins didn't pick a MLB but got 4 nice ones as undrafted guys I thought would go late. Mike Hull of PSU, Jeff Luc of cinci and a couple other guys. Apparently the agents know it's a great chance to male the team and tax free lol.

Did you see the undrafted lists from some teams? The Ravens were in double digits, at least.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Overall a decent draft for Oakland. I love the pick up of Amari Cooper. The Raiders have so many holes though that this will be a long work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Did you see the undrafted lists from some teams? The Ravens were in double digits, at least.
    With 90 man training camp rosters I expect most teams to get that high. Dolphins had 13 spots open after the draft so they will get there as well. Of course guys like Brandon spikes are still out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    The 4th round guard was more of a need pick and there was a run on guards at that time.
    The way Kiper and McShay were talking, all the OTs drafted are going to moved to OG. Seemed like every lineman needed to move inside and develop footwork or how to use their hands.

Most of the best OL in college work at T. Those are the guys that get drafted and the weaker pass protectors and slow footwork guys get moved inside. Most true college guards aren't good enough which is why evaluating DTs in college and projecting them to the NFL can be tough. It's not true for every player but it's a common theme.