Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Season Talk

• Facebook
  • Display

2014 NFL Season Talk

I guess the preseason is as good of a time to start a new thread. Sure good to see the NFL back on the tube. I love preseason football to learn about those scrubs that won't make the team.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I guess the preseason is as good of a time to start a new thread. Sure good to see the NFL back on the tube. I love preseason football to learn about those scrubs that won't make the team.
    It's usually sloppy football but I look forward to it every season.

Guys out there playing for a job...any job really.

Seeing the holding/illegal contact penalties being called. The players think it's a rule change...I just figured it was a rule already in place but simply wasn't called all the time like it should have been.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11...ntact-increase

Lots of penalties and sloppy play in preseason. I find it hard to watch.

After the 3rd game or so me too.

Just the off season of no football has me ready to watch anything

I watch the Steelers and that's it.

Of course, these days, that's the case in the regular season too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

I actually enjoy the preseason simply because ALL the games are on NFL Network 24/7. It's the only time I can watch football uninterrupted... aka my three kids are sleeping by 9pm and therefore not using me as a jungle-gym. I can actually see the TV!!!

Plus, it's the only time during the season where I feel good about cheering for We still have "hope" at that point. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    We still have "hope" at that point. lol
    Well Detroit went 4-0 in the preseason where they then went 0-16
    The dude abides.

Dolphins signed Quinn at QB. Tebow up next!

Serious how the hell is Tebow not signed yet and people like Quinn is still in the league. He needs to seriously take a look at TE he would shine there. But I get his dream if it's Qb in the NFL you don't give up your dream no matter how hard the stepping stone is. I swear he is better then half the backs up in the league... Some team needs to give him one more shot. What's it going to hurt ?

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Serious how the hell is Tebow not signed yet and people like Quinn is still in the league. He needs to seriously take a look at TE he would shine there. But I get his dream if it's Qb in the NFL you don't give up your dream no matter how hard the stepping stone is. I swear he is better then half the backs up in the league... Some team needs to give him one more shot. What's it going to hurt ?
    While I agree that Tebow is multi-skilled and could succeed elsewhere if he changed positions I just don't see it happening. It's not that I don't think he may be willing to try out another position. Rather, I don't think any team is willing to take on the 24/7 circus that comes with signing the guy. Too much of a distraction such as Tebow is just not good for a team.

Now as to why anyone would hire Brady Quinn... well that's a topic for another day.

Tebow is working out like crazy. His career is basically done. He's not athletic enough to excel in other areas, he's a runner and not a good thrower and doesn't fit well with most pass happy schemes. The media attention is also a big negative.

Don't think he wants to change positions he even stated so...otherwise believe he would done that already.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Dude doesn't care enough about the game of football, otherwise he would have already. You either care enough about the game to do what's necessary to make it, or you don't and you never make it. Simple as that.

I can't watch the game until NFL Network re-airs it tomorrow but it looks like Steelers rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier is living up to the hype in his first game action.

Shazier had 11 tackles and an interception in the first half against Buffalo tonight. Nice.

His INT was nice. Bringing back some athleticism to our LBs

The Dolphins had a serious interest in Shazier or Mosley if they fell. Neither did. Shazier's dad is Miami's team chaplain.

Philbin has turned Miami into finesse. They no longer have a NT on defence and will struggle to stop the run this year and their OL is built for pass protection. Horrible running game so far with their starters the first two preseason games. I think they had negative rush yards at halftime yesterday.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-17-2014 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    That was a sweet pick. Having that type of coverage ability down the field along with that speed sideline to sideline puts a smile on my face.

I haven't had chance go watch game. Going to watch it at Noon for the re air. It didn't come on here in Maryland ti watch

The Cowboys/Ravens game did though.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I can't watch the game until NFL Network re-airs it tomorrow but it looks like Steelers rookie linebacker Ryan Shazier is living up to the hype in his first game action.

Shazier had 11 tackles and an interception in the first half against Buffalo tonight. Nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by psusnoop View Post
    That was a sweet pick. Having that type of coverage ability down the field along with that speed sideline to sideline puts a smile on my face.
    Reading you three talking about Ryan Damn Shazier is so depressing. And not for any anti-Steelers reason.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

That INT was beautiful

Watching game now. He was all over that. Turning hips, getting his head around and locating ball.

He's been in or around the ball most of game I've watched.

Oh and Antonio Brown's TD was nice