Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Officially No Madden NFL 15 Demo

• Facebook
  • Display

Officially No Madden NFL 15 Demo

Well, that definitively settles that.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

I wonder if demos are going away in EA Sports titles altogether.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Officially no madden for me.

NOO! I wanted to at least get a taste for it. Oh well. 2 more weeks people!

I play the demo maybe once and that's it, so it's not a big deal for me.
    The dude abides.

Hate to be right on this one but things were just adding up to not seeing a demo. I fully expect however that a move like this will be a real cash cow for EA as a lot of xbox people will drop the $5 or $30 for the year to buy EA ACCESS to try the game out. I suspect this move is 100% financial.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Hate to be right on this one but things were just adding up to not seeing a demo. I fully expect however that a move like this will be a real cash cow for EA as a lot of xbox people will drop the $5 or $30 for the year to buy EA ACCESS to try the game out. I suspect this move is 100% financial.
    Spend money to build a demo or earn money letting people play early?

Easy decision.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Spend money to build a demo or earn money letting people play early?

Easy decision.
    Agreed. This just makes Sony saying "no" to Access so much more difficult as I would have no problem dropping $30 for the year to try out all the sports titles as I usually buy all of them (with the exception of UFC).

I'd pay $5 to play the full game instead of the demo...with limited teams

That's worth it alone. And if it is a time limited subscription model (I haven't read much about the EA Access thing honestly), still worth it because I don't play the demo about 2-3 times because I don't care for playing CPU...and limited teams of course.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Agreed. This just makes Sony saying "no" to Access so much more difficult as I would have no problem dropping $30 for the year to try out all the sports titles as I usually buy all of them (with the exception of UFC).
    That amount of backlash that Sony is about to receive if EA is no longer offering demos due to EA Access will be enormous - probably enough to get them to quickly change their minds and allow EA Access on their platform.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'd much prefer paying $30 a year for 3 or 4 days of FULL access rather than a 15 minute demo where I can't even tinker with any settings.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    That amount of backlash that Sony is about to receive if EA is no longer offering demos due to EA Access will be enormous - probably enough to get them to quickly change their minds and allow EA Access on their platform.

I honestly have no problem with this. I'd much prefer paying $30 a year for 3 or 4 days of FULL access rather than a 15 minute demo where I can't even tinker with any settings.
    That is usually an old build anyways.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post

Me too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Disappointed for all PS3 and 360 owners who have yet to move on to the next gen systems. EA has released zero info on the last gen version of M15 and a demo would help confirm it plays much better than M25 on those systems.

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.

Comment from EA:
    "The difficult decision not to do a demo for Madden was strictly a result of the team's commitment to deliver the highest-quality game possible. We chose to put 100 percent of our development resources toward the full game."

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/11/599...demo-ea-access

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    Disappointed for all PS3 and 360 owners who have yet to move on to the next gen systems. EA has released zero info on the last gen version of M15 and a demo would help confirm it plays much better than M25 on those systems.

I get that they want to promote the shiny new systems, but a great deal of gamers still only play on PS3 and 360 and it sure feels like they are being neglected. A Madden 15 demo would have helped prove that the last gen games aren't just roster updates. I was looking forward to testing the improved defense and tuned pass accuracy but now I'll have to wait until after the 26th to watch PS3 video to see if the differences made it into last gen. Again I'm disappointed but not surprised since it was already written on the wall with how EA has marketed M15 this year.
    Actually I felt it was written on the wall last year with Madden 25 on PS3.

It had no support and only 1 patch (CFM injury patch I believe) as they were clearly focused on the next-gen release of 25. From most I have heard from the gameplay were very different between the two..and of course the next-gen versions had support.

Once I experienced that I already knew there was no way I'd be getting it for PS3...and this was before I even bought my PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post

Unfortunately that is just the world we're in. The next thing is already here and in version two of the series, in regards to Madden.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Actually I felt it was written on the wall last year with Madden 25 on PS3.

It had no support and only 1 patch (CFM injury patch I believe) as they were clearly focused on the next-gen release of 25. From most I have heard from the gameplay were very different between the two..and of course the next-gen versions had support.

Once I experienced that I already knew there was no way I'd be getting it for PS3...and this was before I even bought my PS4.

Well BOOOOOOOO, I am still on the fence about a PS4. I have my PS3 and really enjoy it. I want the new Madden, was actually thinking about getting a used copy of Madden 25 for PS3 but everywhere I go I read that NCAA 14 was a better football game. So I figured, ok I'll wait until Madden 15 comes out on PS3 and just it. I have a hard time making the choice between:

$60 for Madden 15 on PS3 vs $400 for a PS4 + $60 for Madden 15 on PS4, the $400 is a big knock when trying to explain it to the boss (a.k.a. wife).