Thread: Madden 15: Confidence

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 15: Confidence

Here is an article from MyMaddenPad with regards to the confidence feature. It's a brief yet good read written by Shopmaster.

http://mymaddenpad.com/2014/08/09/ma...ur-confidence/
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-11-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Some highlights if you don't want to read it:

Here is a list of things that can affect a player’s confidence rating:
    ◾poor performances
    ◾home wins and losses
    ◾road wins and losses
    ◾trades
    ◾dropping or rising in the depth chart
    ◾rival games wins and losses
    ◾playoff games wins and losses
    ◾winning & losing streaks
    ◾close wins and losses

Here are some of the simulated activities I saw with my time with Madden NFL 15. Some of these are :
    ◾WATCH FILM DEFENSE (Our defense needs a confidence boost. Let’s go over film.) – Cost Per Player: 10 HOURS | Focuses On: Defense | Potential Reward: 4-15 Confidence
    ◾WATCH FILM OFFENSE (Let’s improve offensive confidence by going over the film.) – Cost Per Player: 10 HOURS | Focuses On: Offense | Potential Reward: 4-15 Confidence
    ◾INSTALL SCHEMES (Let’s have the team spend time installing our schemes so they can gain confidence) – Cost Per Player: 10 HOURS | Focuses On: Defense | Potential Reward: 4-15 Confidence
    ◾GAMEPLAN: FACING GREAT PASS D (We’re facing great DBs this week. Let’s make sure our WRs are extremely confident) – Cost Per Player: 10 HOURS | Focuses On: WR Group | Potential Reward: 4-15 Confidence
    ◾INSTALL GAMEPLAN (Let’s go through the gameplan to increase confidence) – Cost Per Player: 10 HOURS | Focuses On: Whole Team | Potential Reward: 4-15 Confidence
    ◾OKLAHOMA DEFENSE DRILL - Cost Per Player: 18 HOURS | Focuses On: Linebacker | Potential Reward: 8-32 Confidence
    ◾OKLAHOMA DEFENSE DRILL - Cost Per Player: 18 HOURS | Focuses On: DL Group | Potential Reward: 8-32 Confidence

I like how you have to be away from 50 to see a change. I like how this should add some variability to the players. I think they should also be adding long term fatigue and physical condition too. Use your subs (would require formation subs) or your players get worn down. You shouldn't be able to give your RB 30 carries every game without hurting him long term.
    Teams go 8 deep on their DL rotations to keep fresh and we have little control right now.

Note from Shop:
    Every player starts Connected Franchise with a “normal” confidence rating of 50. Once confidence start dropping to below 25-30 or increasing to 75-80, that’s when ratings changes will occur

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I like how you have to be away from 50 to see a change. I like how this should add some variability to the players. I think they should also be adding long term fatigue and physical condition too. Use your subs (would require formation subs) or your players get worn down. You shouldn't be able to give your RB 30 carries every game without hurting him long term.
    Teams go 8 deep on their DL rotations to keep fresh and we have little control right now.

Note from Shop:
    Every player starts Connected Franchise with a “normal” confidence rating of 50. Once confidence start dropping to below 25-30 or increasing to 75-80, that’s when ratings changes will occur
    The last part is really important. You will NOT see a ratings change until it rises ABOVE 75-80 range and you will NOT see a decreases until it DROPS below 30-25. I still am very concerned though that this will be very over=powered in its implementation.