Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 15 - Connected Franchise Mode Livestream Aug. 7 Archive

• Facebook
  • Display
    The sky is faliing! The sky is falling!

Never thought I would live to see the day but JPDavis made a comment that was not "100% I love Madden." He actually hinted that the isolation in Madden is brutal and the game desperately needs a weekly wrap up show. I wonder if his account was hacked? lol. In all seriousness though, this is a great thing because the biggest fans of Madden need to step up and say "this is what you need to work on." Maybe that way we will get the changes many of us want to see?

On a side-note I notice 1 or 2 people on my (PS4) friends list have been playing CFM in Madden 15. I wonder how long the game has been " gold" for or if they are playing early beta builds?
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-08-2014 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Pastas Padre was speculating a demo release on August 12th. Maybe it will drop then? However, the more I think about it the more I doubt there is a demo. If you give a demo it's a free sample. However, if you give no demo but put the game to EA Access and charge for it five days in advance a number of people will buy your subscription service just to check it out. A demo does nothing for EA at this point as for better or worse, Madden is Madden. EA Access will make them money in place of a demo.
    I could believe no demo because of EA Access if they had Access on both consoles. Not being on Sony means they have to have a demo.

Never thought I would live to see the day but JPDavis made a comment that was "100% I love Madden." He actually hinted that the isolation in Madden is brutal and the game desperately needs a weekly wrap up show. I wonder if his account was hacked? lol. In all seriousness though, this is a great thing because the biggest fans of Madden need to step up and say "this is what you need to work on." Maybe that way we will get the changes many of us want to see?

On a side-note I notice 1 or 2 people on my (PS4) friends list have been playing CFM in Madden 15. I wonder how long the game has been " gold" for or if they are playing early beta builds?
    He also admitted a week back that he doesn't have a next gen console and didn't sound like he'd have one for Madden 15 either.

I'm guessing an announcement soon

Ratings have been released, with the latest CFM stream being completed yesterday. Only news left is for demo.

Still a full 18 days for nothing to promote the game I wouldn't think would be the case

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I could believe no demo because of EA Access if they had Access on both consoles. Not being on Sony means they have to have a demo.
    I would agree with you except for one thing. When did Sony decide to nix EA access? If it was a late decision maybe EA didn't have time to make a demo? Maybe EA just assumed that Sony would say yes to EA Access? (which they should have IMO... ) I don't know about what goes in to making a demo, nor the costs associated with it but I suspect it is time consuming and a good chunk of $$$ to boot.

Plus, Madden 25 was EA's only next gen game that did NOT have a demo. Maybe the strategy for exclusive titles has changed? Then again maybe a demo will be announced tomorrow? Who knows.

Is EA finished with Season Ticket? Why did Sony allow that?

Pastapadre posted the demo would be out on the 12th but J Stein corrected him saying he was wrong. As a gamechanger he probably already knows there is no demo. It would have been announced already IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

Pastapadre posted the demo would be out on the 12th but J Stein corrected him saying he was wrong. As a gamechanger he probably already knows there is no demo. It would have been announced already IMO.
    #1 yes season ticket is finished. #2 sony did not have PSNow at that time. - Sony wants PSNow to eventually become the Netflix for gaming and allowing individual publishers like EA to put their own games on their own platform doesn't make any business since for Sony if they want to dominate the streaming/cloud future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post

JStein is now a dev on the Madden team, so that's how/why he has the inside info.

Even worse demo news for us if a dev goes out of his way to deny demo report on Tuesday!

So no demo, Damn it! Oh well Madden 25 for another two weeks.

I was listending to the Press Row Podcast and a few points were brought up that I completely forgot about.

1. Removal of practise from CFM: with the new way of earning XP it appears that the ability to practise in your CFM will Not exist. In other words you will not be able to practise specific plays on either side of the ball. While last year's practise scenarions were tied into XP, that system has been removed. Wuld it not be possible to keep the practise aspect but not have it tied to XP? I know it's not a back of the box fature but for the depth in CFM to improve, it needs to be added.

2. Still no mass subs for pre/regular season games: so desperately needed for the pre-season especially. It is pain stakingly slow to change up players in Madden. This feature would have helped speed up the pre-season games. If users were given the ability to have three levels of subs, depth chart could be changed with one push of a button, similar to what NCAA does (did).

3. Point of profit in owner mode: great point... what is the point of owner mode? So you make money... but you are able to really do much with it other than refurbish parts of your stadium. Is that the point? Really??? What about thinhgs like owning a plane for travel or types of hotesl you stay at? quality of trainers? etc. Owner mode has absolutely no depth to it other than relocation.

I was listending to the Press Row Podcast and a few points were brought up that I completely forgot about.

1. Removal of practise from CFM: with the new way of earning XP it appears that the ability to practise in your CFM will Not exist. In other words you will not be able to practise specific plays on either side of the ball. While last year's practise scenarions were tied into XP, that system has been removed. Wuld it not be possible to keep the practise aspect but not have it tied to XP? I know it's not a back of the box fature but for the depth in CFM to improve, it needs to be added.

2. Still no mass subs for pre/regular season games: so desperately needed for the pre-season especially. It is pain stakingly slow to change up players in Madden. This feature would have helped speed up the pre-season games. If users were given the ability to have three levels of subs, depth chart could be changed with one push of a button, similar to what NCAA does (did).

3. Point of profit in owner mode: great point... what is the point of owner mode? So you make money... but you are able to really do much with it other than refurbish parts of your stadium. Is that the point? Really??? What about thinhgs like owning a plane for travel or types of hotesl you stay at? quality of trainers? etc. Owner mode has absolutely no depth to it other than relocation.
    1. Yes, the old practice mode we had returned to us in Franchise mode in Madden 12 needs to return again. Practicing new plays and checking out young players or replacement players for injured guys was very helpful. I use to try and keep my roster at 50 in M12 so if I had a major injury to my RB, I could sign 2 or 3 RB's and test them out in practice mode(tryouts) and release the guys that I didn't like. The regular old practice mode within Franchise does hold value EA Tiburon.

2. Mass subs is lower on my need list. I admit I just want the pre-season to be more realistic. Proper roster cut 90 to 75 then 75 to 53 not 5 each week that's stupid. I also want to have a more realistic substitution pattern in pre-season games, like 1st game starters play 1st qtr, backups rest of the game, then 2nd and 3rd games starters play half, and last pre-season game only the backups play. Might not be 100% accurate but its way better than Madden's current setup.

3. The owner mode really is relocation mode. I never relocated any team in M25 due to the idiotic restrictions on uniforms, team names, and locations therefore the mode is ultimately a failure in my eyes. The old owner mode(relocation mode) from Madden 04 was much better thanks to the freedom one had in relocation.

The extremely restrictive and dull CFM is the vision of Looman so its not going anywhere as long as he has any power. The only hope is that the developers read these types of comments and see that this mode could be so much more if it added back everything they took away from Madden 05, Madden 10, and Madden 12 plus adding in never before seen things like a scrolling score ticker(like NCAA).
    Last edited by WolverineJay; 08-09-2014 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverineJay View Post
    1. Yes, the old practice mode we had returned to us in Franchise mode in Madden 12 needs to return again. Practicing new plays and checking out young players or replacement players for injured guys was very helpful. I use to try and keep my roster at 50 in M12 so if I had a major injury to my RB, I could sign 2 or 3 RB's and test them out in practice mode(tryouts) and release the guys that I didn't like. The regular old practice mode within Franchise does hold value EA Tiburon.

The extremely restrictive and dull CFM is the vision of Looman so its not going anywhere as long as he has any power. The only hope is that the developers read these types of comments and see that this mode could be so much more if it added back everything they took away from Madden 05, Madden 10, and Madden 12 plus adding in never before seen things like a scrolling score ticker(like NCAA).
    Honestly my two favourite Madden's of all time were Madden 10 and Madden 05. Can you imagine if the franchise mode of those two games were combined? Depth and immersion with a slew of customization and very, very solid presentation. Formation subs, packages, practise, practise squad, weekly wrap up show, Tony Bruno radio show, emails from players and agents, etc.

Though I appreciate what has been attempted with CFM, the mode itself is still too rigid and restrictive for my liking. Full customization is what people want now. With the power of these new systems, noting should be off limits. More of the old franchise mode and more customization need to make their way to CFM next year.

Another nugget of info from JPDavis and his searching over at OS. Apparently stats for players from previous years (and the listings of the team played for, super bowls, etc.) are NOT in the game because the Madden team is trying to save memory. What??? Seriously??? Trying to save memory??? On the ps4 and 1... trying to save memory??? These systems are very powerful. Memory is not an issue. Maybe it is for PS3 but if that's a problem make a seperate game for last gen. I find this twitter response shocking and puzzling all at the same time.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-10-2014 at 05:34 PM.

Another nugget of info from JPDavis and his searching over at OS. Apparently stats for players from pervious years (and the listings of the team played for, super bowls, etc.) are NOT in the game because the Madden team is trying to save memory. What??? Seriously??? Trying to save memory??? On the ps4 and 1... trying to save memory??? These system are very powerful. Memory is not an issue. Maybe it is for PS3 but if that's a problem make a spate game for last gen. I fin this twitter response shocking and puzzling all at the same time.
    It's Tiburon, expect no less. Every year they are crying about why they can't do this or that due to performance issues. I stopped being shocked the year (NCAA 10) they removed Alabama and Army's numbers off their helmets because it was causing technical issues.

We will always have you, beer-bellied, toothpick armed, golf clapping sideline guys.

I remember so many people saying how much better (JP for sure and Ian Cummings) the next gen Madden would be because of the hardware limitations. I have always believed that hardware was never the true issue and developer/coding competence and vision were far bigger culprits. My opinion remains unchanged.

I'm sure their coding is sufficient...just not up to our genius standards of it

All 0% I know about video game development

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    All 0% I know about video game development
    Video game development is not a prerequisite to remember the yearly excuses, poor coding and graphical issues. Just being a gamer and playing Madden yearly will suffice.

Just saying to say they don't know what they are doing essentially, may be a bit off.

Not saying no room fo any critique but I sure as hell know I personally understand very little in terms of game development...and it was my 2nd major in school . Given the consumer expertise these days I simply left that field alone haha.

I don't know what "good coding" is or bad for that matter. If you ask me what we play virtually that someone literally wrote is impressive. The little programming I have done in my career is a pain, it certainly isn't easy.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Just saying to say they don't know what they are doing essentially, may be a bit off.

Not saying no room fo any critique but I sure as hell know I personally understand very little in terms of game development...and it was my 2nd major in school . Given the consumer expertise these days I simply left that field alone haha.

I don't know what "good coding" is or bad for that matter. If you ask me what we play virtually that someone literally wrote is impressive. The little programming I have done in my career is a pain, it certainly isn't easy.
    I do agree that there is a lot of variables. I took some programming classes my first year of college and just the beginners classes, holy shit...

But the excuses are starting to get old. They made excuses last gen because the 360/PS3 didn't have enough power or memory or because the 360 discs still used DVDs and didn't have enough space. Now we're onto next gen. Both systems have more power and more memory and both systems use the larger space blu-ray discs. Yet, the excuses continue of there not being enough enough power/memory/disc space, all the while not very much has changed between the last gen and next gen versions.

If they had made these giant leaps and bounds from the last gen version to next gen version, I might buy the excuse, but with the minimal amount of changes or additions they have made, I'm calling BS.

Exactly Smooth. Agree 100%.