Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaymo's MLB The Show Blue Jays Franchise

• Facebook
  • Display
    Game 2 vs. Baltimore at the breathtaking Camden Yards...

The Jays look to end their two game slump and who better then Brendan Morrow to do it. After 2 games pitched he has a 1.76 era and has pitched two gems thus far. His opposition, Miguel Gonzalez comes in with an 11.25 era

Can Morrow keep it up? Thus far he has been on fire!
    19k's
    10 BB
    15 innings

The answer... NO! Morrow did not have a strong outting while Gonzalez was lights out. Morrow gave up a 3 run homer in the 2nd. He finished 5 innings but gave up 6 runs on 5 hits. Gonzalez went 8 full inning and only gave up 4 hits and 2 runs (on a homer by Navarro). The Jays got thumped 7-2. Ouch!

The real problem again today was that the Blue Jays cannot hit the ball. 4 hits for the entire game is pathetic. At one point Gonzalez put out 14 straight batters. On the season the Jays are only hitting at .260 Toronto also leads the league with 114 strike outs (Encarnacion has 11, Lawrie and Lind each have 10).

The Jays have given up 52 runs and 13 homer's. These stats will need to improve. So with the loss the Blue Jays drop to 7-5 and 2nd in the A.L East. The Blue Jays have lost 3 straight while the Orioles have now won 4 in a row.

.260 is not a bad team BA. I'd bet you're in the top half of MLB at .260.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    .260 is not a bad team BA. I'd bet you're in the top half of MLB at .260.
    I'm tied for 17th. If memory serves I beleive it's Houston who is in last (in the .230 range). The problem for me is more that there are only 3-4 players hitting the ball and they are on fire. Last I checked I had 5 players as ice cold. Reyes is on fire with 12 hits in 12 games while 6 of pmy players are in the .100 range.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I'm tied for 17th. If memory serves I beleive it's Houston who is in last (in the .230 range). The problem for me is more that there are only 3-4 players hitting the ball and they are on fire. Last I checked I had 5 players as ice cold. Reyes is on fire with 12 hits in 12 games while 6 of pmy players are in the .100 range.
    It's very early in the season though. Batting averages will rise and plummet quickly until your players have a lot of ABs logged. It will come around. If you stay around .260 as a club, you'll be fine. I believe the Astros hit .248 in my Franchise.

Warm up the bus and get the hell out of Maryland...

The Toronto Blue Jays had the snot kicked out of them (again) in game three vs. Baltimore. This time P Mark Buerhle got rocked for 6 hits, 9 runs and a grand slam. The Jays fall to the O's 9-3. That makes it a sweep by Baltimore and the Jays losing streak growing to 4 straight games.

The only Blue Jays highlights were: 1. Kawasaki hitting a 2 rbi homerun in the 1st inning 2. Encarnacion having two hits in the game, including his 200th homerun of his career.

The Blue Jays gave up 18 runs to the O's while only scoring 6 over the entire series. You cannot win series with those types of stats. Pitching has been the strength of Toronto this season. That was not true in games 2 & 3 of the series. Morrow and Buerhle are two of Toronto's best and they were just lit up this weekend.

Next of the Jays have a road date with the Twins. The Jays are now in 3rd in the A.L. East as they have been leap frogged by Baltimore.

After a day off the Blue Jays arrived in Minnesota to take on the Twins. Toronto has lost four straight and in the process has a number of players on cold streaks. Redmond takes the mound for the Jays trying to improve on his 1-1 record. Runs have difficult for the Jays as of late so Redmond will need to pitch strong.

Final score Toronto 5 Minnesota 0

Redmond had a strong game. He only last six innings but he had 8 strike outs and only allowed one hit. The problem was the he gave up 9 walks and in his last inning walked the bases full before being saved by a double play. The Jays bats came to life as Toronto recorded 10 hits. Izturis had a solo homerun in the 3rd and Cabrerra also hit a long ball in the 8th. Another big moment was an amazing triple by Kratz which brought home Bautista from first.

It was a strong start after some poor play. Let's hope the rest of the series goes the same way. Reyes continues to be on a tear as he records another multi hit game and extends his hitting streak to 14 games.

And the hiatus is over...

Toronto's J.A Happ took to the mound in game two of the Twins series. The Jays started off strong with Maicer Izturis going long in the first inning. Izturis was moved to 3rd in the batting order as he has been on fire as of late. DH Encarcion moved to 8th in the order.

The Jays took a 5-1 lead in the fourth with a big 4 run inning. Happ pitched well until the start of the 7th when he gave up three earned runs. He was pulled for lefty Aaron Loup... who crapped the bed! Loup didn't get out of the inning and when all was said and done it was 7-5 Twins.

The game ended with that score. The Jays were outhit 12-6 and it all pretty much came in the 7th. A brutal loss and with it the Jays fall to 8-7 and in 3rd in the AL EAST.

Game 3 of the Jays-Twins series and it was one for the ages.

Only 11,188 took in the game but they got there money's worth... as the game was 4 hours and 1 minute in length.

The game went 13 innings before the Jays lit up the park with 3 straight runs.

4 10 0
    1 3 0

The Twins had a 1-0 lead in the first and then Dickey settled down and only gave up one hit over the next six innings. Deduno for the Twins also went 7 innings giving up 1 run and 3 hits. It was an awesome pitching spectacle!

Toronto's relievers were awesome as McGowan went 3 innings without a hit and then Cecil went 2 without a hit and Janssen came in for the save without giving up a hit. Cecil gets the win but Dickey was player of the game with an outstanding day chucking the ball. It's too bad he didn't get the win (7.0 IP, 3 H, 2 BB 7 K).

Reyes had a double in the 13th to drive in 2 RBI and break the game open. He was o/5 at that point but the hit increased his hit streak. Izturis also increased his hit streak to 9 games.

With the win the Jays take the series 2-1 and move onto 3 in Cleveland. At 9-7 the Jays are .5 back of the rays for the dvision lead.

Sam Deduno is an Astro this year, in reality. He's working out of the pen and has looked good in the little that I've seen him pitch.

Glad to see you back on the horse, buddy.

Tough road trip to Cleveland. The Jays lose the series 2 games to 1.

Game 1: Morrow 1-1 vs Salazar 1-1

TO 1-5-0
    CLE 5-8-0

Morrow was off and gave up five runs in five innnings. A HR by Navarro in the 8th was the only offensive punch the Jays had. Ugly loss.

Game 2: Buehrle vs Marcum

TO 7-15-1
    CLE 6-14-0

This game was a classic as the Jays get the victory with a Reyes RBI single in the top of the 10th. Both starting pitchers were crap! The game went back and forth. Janssen blew the save in the 9th to tie the game up but TO refused to be denied today.

Game 3: Redmond 3-0 vs Mcallister 0-2

1-7-0
    4-3-0

Redmond pitched an excellent game with 10 strikes and he only gave up 2 hits. However, one hit was a grand slam in the 5th. TO left 9 men stranded during the game. No finishing power for TO hitters.

With the series over, TO heads home to play Baltimore. The Jays now sit at 10-9 and 3rd in the AL EAST.

Game 3:

Baltimore arrives in TO for a three game set. The Jays look for revenge as Baltimore already swept Toronto earlier this season.

Another tough series for Toronto as the run production is just dead. Baltimore clearly has Toronto's number this season.

Game 1: Johnson 1-1 vs Happ 1-1

BAL 3-3-0
    TO 2-5-3
    Happ went 8 full innings giving up 3 runs on three hits (a homerun in the 1st). Toronto could do nothing to help out on offense. The game was there for the taking but there is zero run production going on vs Baltimore this season.

Game 2: Gonzalez 1-3 vs Dickey 1-1

BAL 4-7-0
    TO 0-7-0

Zero offense as per usual. Toronto has no run production right now. It's really sad to watch (and frustrating as hell... to the point I don't even want to play the game right now... Dickey gave up 2 runs on 5 hits through 7 and had 10k's. On the otherside, TO has 5 players hitting in the low .100's.

Game 3: Jimenez 2-1 vs Morrow 1-2

BAL 3-6-0
    TO 1-5-0

First game of the series that Baltimore doesnt score in the 1st. Doesn't matter though as is the case every freaking game, TO cannot score. A homerun by Lind in the bottom of the 8th was all the Jays had as they lose 3-1 and are swept for the 2nd time this season by Baltimore (and it's only April!!!) Morrow went 7 innings and only gave up 2 runs but again, no offense.

Toronto's pitchers have been excellent but the offense is just down right awful. The long ball is TO's only offense. With the loss Toronto falls to 10-12.

Bautista .121
    Lind .135
    Lawrie .167
    Kratz .184
    Encarnacion .184

After 22 games the power hitters on the team have cost us several games. This is inexcusable! They combine for 5 homeruns and 15 rbi... in 22 games!!! Awful, awful, awful!!!

Sidenote: forgot to mention that in game one of the Baltimore series, the Orioles ended Jose Reyes's 18 game hitting streak.

Going to do an update here soon. However, let me just say one thing: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is crazy. I have now lost 9 straight games. I can't hit; I can't pitch; I can't catch a break. My players are dropping balls all over the field; my hitters are hitting the ball to the fielders pretty much every play; my pitchers have no control... etc.

The longest ever losing streak in ANY sports game I have ever played was NFL 2k3... 0-6 to start the season. This is officially my longest losing streak ever. I need advice as this is just brutal. It's to the point that I am not having fun anymore.

To end the month of April the Blue Jays have royally crapped the bed, losing 9 straight games. A few games we should have won but pitchng cost us. The team even fired the pitching coach but it's made no real difference. Diego Cooper is now runing the pitching staff... but they may be pitching worse than before...

AL EAST

Red Sox 18 10 -
    Rays 17 12 1.5
    Orioles 13 14 4.5
    Yankees 11 16 6.5
    Blue Jays 10 17 7.5
    Last edited by jaymo76; 04-25-2015 at 04:23 AM.

vs Boston

Game 1: Lackey vs Buerhle

BOS 8 11 0
    TO 7 12 0

The Jays scored 2 in the 8th and 3 in the 9th to tie the game but Victorino had a solo homer in the 11th to win it.

Game 2: Dempster vs. Redmond

BOS 8 12 1
    TO 7 18 1

Jays were up 7-5 in the 8th and then Jenkins gave up 2 runs. In the top of the 12th, Delabar gave up a run and Boston got the win.

Game 3: Lester vs. Happ

BOS 2 10 0
    TO 0 8 2

A pitching gem as both starters had excellent games. However, TO's bats died in this game... and they have not yet recovered.

The Jays then travelled to KC to wrap up the month.

Game 1: Janssen vs Shields (Dickey couldn't go today...)

TO 1 3 2
    KC 2 6 0

Rasmus had a home run and that was it. Ugly game. Bautista's play is just ugly right now.

Game 2: Morrow vs Vargas

TO 0 5 2
    KC 5 8 1

Morrow drops to 4 losses on the season as he was brutal. Vargas went 9 innings for the shut out. Toronto just cannot hit the ball.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 04-25-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Finally the Blue Jays get back into the win column.

Game 3 @ KC: Buerhle vs. Chen

TO 3 6 0
    KC 2 7 2

Both starting pitchers went 7 strong innings. KC had a 2-0 lead in the 2nd but in the 6th the Jays tied the game. Then in the top of the 9th Encarnacion brouth home a run. Cecil picks up the win and Delabar the save.

Toronto moves to 11-17 and sits 6.5 back.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 04-25-2015 at 04:24 AM.

Let me know if I can help, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Let me know if I can help, buddy.
    THANKS MAN! I tell you that this game has the uncanny ability of feeling like real-life. When you are in a slump it's just brutal. Anger, frustration, holding the controller a little tighter, swinging at everything, stressing over the perfect pitch, adjusting the roster every game, looking at trades, firing coaches, etc.