Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jaymo's MLB The Show Blue Jays Franchise

• Facebook
  • Display

Jaymo's MLB The Show Blue Jays Franchise

XXOH61G.jpg

Welcome to Jaymo's MLB The Show Franchise Thread

I have decided to take over as manager of the Toronto Blue Jays. The goal is to return the club to the greatness of the teams in the early 1990's, especially 1992 and 1993 when the Jays repeated as World Series Champions.

The team itself is solid but does it have what it takes to make it into the playoffs, much less the World Series. In that question, only time will tell.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-05-2014 at 02:34 PM.

The Blue Jays have some decent depth on their AAA farm club. The triple A team affiliate is the Buffalo Bisons. They play out of the International League North Division.

gVVTcgX.png

The AA affiliate squad is the New Hampshire Fisher Cats. They play in the Eastern Division of the Eastern League. This team has far less depth than I would like.

2e6yZtB.png

Building further depth through the farm system will be the Blue Jays key to success.

Budget-wse the jays are in fine shape. They have $9.63 million at their disposal.

First step was to address the scouting situation. The Jays didn't have enough of a presence is all areas of the US. After one move, there is better representation.

Scouts:

Jim McGowan : EAST
    Douglas Diehl: WEST
    Travis Yang: CENTRAL *(new)
    Matt Castilla: INTERNATIONAL

A real push will be made to find international talent. Pitching and outfielders are a major focus to start the season.

The coaching staff will remain intact for now. However, the pitching coach is on the hot seat. Jaymo is not opposed to making a move during the season if need be.

Coaches:

manger: John Gibbons
    hitting: Alex Agee
    pitching: Pete Walker
    1st: Cooper Finnegan
    3rd: Luis Rivera
    Farm: Dominic Shipp

After a mediocre Spring Training, the Blue jays kick off the regular season on the road versus the Tampa Bay Rays. There are currently no injuries as Todd Redmond, who was injured in pre-season returns to the roster for opening day. In order to meet the roster requirements a few moves were made.

C Josh Thole optioned to AAA Buffalo
    CF Andres Aybar sent from AAA Buffalo to AA New Hampshire

2014 Blue Jays starting pitchers

R R.A. Dickey
    R Brandon Morrow
    L Mark Buehrle
    R Todd Redmond
    L. J.A. Happ

The key relievers will be:

LRP Chad Jenkins
    MRP Aaron Loup

Righty Steve Delabar will be the main set-up man and the closer will be Casey Janssen.

Blue Jays 2014 starting lineup

1. SS Jose Reyes
    2. LF Melky Cabrera
    3. DH Edwin Encarnacion
    4. RF Jose Bautista
    5. 1B Adam Lind
    6. 3B Brett Lawrie
    7. C Erik Kratz
    8. CF Colby Rasmus
    9. 2B Maicer Izturis

Catcher Dionner Navarro and Erik Kratz will split duties pretty much down the middle.

Game 1: Blue Jays @ Rays (Dickey vs. Price)

The Jays win their first game of the season by a score of 6-3. Behind the arm of Dickey the Jays put together a monster performance.

Dickey was player of the game

7 IP
    5 H
    2 R
    2 ER
    1 BB
    9 SO
    2.57 era

The first inning was key to the game as Cabrera, Encarnacion, and Laurie all hit homers (Laurie had a runner on) to give the Blue Jays a 4-0 lead. Turned out that was all that was needed for the win.

2B Izturis had a monster game as he went 3/4 including 1 homerun.

The only concern today was the relief pitching from Delabar and Janssen. They both gave up hits in the last two innings. Delabar posted a 9.00 era... brutal!

The Jays outhit the Rays 12-8. All the Toronto players except Navarro and Lind had hits. Lawrie had a little trouble at third, committing one error and struggling on two other plays. That is something that will be monitored.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4828466
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-05-2014 at 05:31 PM.

Ended up playing thhe entire Jays-Rays series tonight. Never had any interest in Tampa Bay but after this incredibly hard fought series I have a new level of "hatred" and respect. The Jays ended up winning the series but every game was a challenge

Game 2: TB 4 TOR 3
    * Myers hit a one on two out walkoff homerun to win the game

Game 3: TOR 4 TB 1
    * Archer was pulled in the 7th... he had a 1.25 era... his relievers blew it

Game 4: TOR 3 TB 2
    * outstanding pitching by Todd Redmond of the jays helped get the win.

series notes:

-Jays pitching held TB to a .220 batting avg.
    -Jays batters hit .266 for the series
    -Reyes led the Jays with 7 hits, Cabrerra and Izturis had 6 a piece-Encarnacion hit 2 homeruns this series
    -Cabrera leads the team with 4 RBI
    -Jays pitchers walked 16 Rays batters
    -Izturis had a slugging % of .846!!!
    -Izturis had an on base % of .533
    -Mark Buerhle had an era of 1.80
    -Casey Janssen had 2 saves (and 1 blown save)
    -Morrow and Buehrle gave up the fewest hits with 4 a piece
    -Dickey and Morrow both had 9 strikeouts a piece
    -Izturis has the hightest hitting avg. at .462
    -the only Jay who didn't see the field was SS Munenori Kawasaki

Jays win 3-2 versus the Yankees in game one of the Jays first home-stand. The real story of the game was pitcher J.A. Happ

6.1 innings
    1 hit
    10 strike outs
    0 walks

The only reason he gave up a hit is because he has hit and injured. He put down 19 straight batters including six straight strike outs. The guy was on fire and he had a real chance of having a perfect game.

So five games in let's check out the AL East

Blue Jays 4-1
    Red Sox 2-2 (1.5gb)
    Rays 2-3 (2gb)
    Orioles 1-3 (2.5gb)
    Yankees 1-3 (2.5gb)

You know that I'll be following along. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    You know that I'll be following along. Good luck!
    Haven't decided how many games I will play versus sim. Honestly I would love to play every game just to see how things work out but I don't think I have 162 games in me. I may play series that I find interesting OR another option will be playing the games of my favourite pitcher which right now is J.A. Happ. This guy is beastly. I want to see how well he can do. I suspect however that things will be getting much tougher because I am now on the high end of veteran in my dynamic settings. The better I get the harder the game is getting.

Game 6 of the season Yankees @ Jays...

I don't want to talk about it. YANKEES 18 BLUE JAYS 4

Yup that's right... the Yankees scored 18 runs on 15 hits. Did I mention the 5 homeruns and 2 grand slams??? Dickey didn't get out of the 2nd inning as it was already 6-0 Yankees. Worst...game...ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Game 6 of the season Yankees @ Jays...

I don't want to talk about it. YANKEES 18 BLUE JAYS 4

Yup that's right... the Yankees scored 18 runs on 15 hits. Did I mention the 5 homeruns and 2 grand slams??? Dickey didn't get out of the 2nd inning as it was already 6-0 Yankees. Worst...game...ever!!!
    Ouch! The good news is that there's another game tomorrow!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

The rubber match of the Yankees-Jays series was a great game. It featured an outstanding pitcher duel

Sabathia (0-0) vs. Morrow (0-0)

The Jays won game three of the series by a score of 2-1. All of the runs for Toronto were scored in the second inning. The Yanks scored 1 run in the bottom of the third.

Sabathia went six innings giving up 7 hits but had no walks and 11 strike outs. The real genious though, Morrow had a complete game going 9 innings and only giving up 3 hits. He also recored 10 strike outs but on a negative he had 5 walks. Morrow completed the game with 137 pitches.

Jeter left the game with an MCL ijury. It's not clear how long he will be out for N.Y. Update: it was only a pulled hamstring and he will be out 6-10 days.

The Jays have started the season strong. Next up is a 3 game homestand versus the Houston Astros, who are also off to a hot start at 4-2.

The Astros travel north for a three game series versus Toronto.

Mark Buerhle pitched a jewel of a game going 8 full innings. He had a rough start giving up three hits and two runs in the first inning but settled down and shut the Astros out for the next seven innings. Janssen got the save. The Astros were up 2-0 and then the Jays battled back to tie the game. However, in the 8th inning, Colby Rasmus blasted a two run homer to give the Jays a 4-2 lead.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4888710 (innings 8 & 9 + highlights)

Game two of the Astros series saw a matchup of Williams vs. Redmond. Redmond got the better of Williams giving up one run in the first inning and five hits for seven innings of work. The Jays ended up winning 5-1. Encarnacion, Lawrie, and Rasmus all hit homeruns. For Rasmus it was deja vu as he did the same thing in the 8th today as he did yesterday.

With that the Jays go to an impressive 7-2 while Houston falls to 4-5. Tomorrow features J.A Happ versus Brad Peacock. Can Happ continue what he started in his last game? That was impressive as he currently has a 0.00 era.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4905265 (innings 8+9 and highlights)
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-14-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Game three of the Astros series and the cpu decided on payback!

In the 4th inning, the Stros had 8 hits for 8 runs. Of course I forgot to mention the SIX ERRORS by the Jays in the inning!!! I'm not actually joking... 6 freakin errors!!! Let's not forget the grand slam in the mix...

J.A. Happ didn'thave it early. He could not hit the strike zone in warm up and that should have been a sign. By the 4th he was done. By the bottom of the 4th it was 9-0 Astros. Astros pitcher Brad Peacock had a no hitter going into the 8th inning. Then he got rocked giving up 5 hits and 4 runs. Going into the 9th the Jays battled back to make it 9-6. Jesse Crain came in and on his first pitch he gave up a homerun to Kawasaki. 9-7. Reyes then gets a single to get on base. With that though, Crain shuts the door ad moes down the next three batters.

The Astros win 9-7 in a wild one at Skydome.

The Jays now sit at 7-3 while the Astros improve to 5-5 and end their 3 game skid. The Jays now hit the road for 9 straight, beginning in Baltimore tomorrow night.

So after 10 games the Blue Jays are playing well. There are however some concerns.

#1 R.A Dickey has struggled with a 7.56 era
    #2 CP Casey Janssen has a 4.15 era. That doesn't cut it for a CP
    #3 Edwin Encarnacion is only batting .162 (though 3 of his 6 hits are HR's)
    #4 Jose Bautista in only batting .194
    #5 Colby Rasmus is leading the team with 15 strike outs (Bautista has 10)

AL East
    Blue Jays 7-3
    Red Sox 7-4 (.5gb)
    Rays 5-6 (2.5gb)
    Orioles 4-5 (2.5gb)
    Yankees 3-8 (4.5gb)

Game one of the Jays-Orioles eries was a great one. Except for the fact that Toronto lost, it wasone heck of a defensive game. Dickey went a solid six innings giving up 1 run and 4 hits. Encarnacion had a solo HR in the 5th to tie the game at 1. However, with one on and one out, Loup gave up a double and that drove in the winning run. Baltimore won 2-1

The Jays now sit at 7-4. That's two straight losses. The bats have gone silent. Bautista, Lauire, Lind... invisible!
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-20-2014 at 02:23 AM.