Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: Smooth Pancakes' Shortstop RTTS Career

• Facebook
  • Display
    Look for the next series against NW Arkansas probably sometime Wednesday afternoon.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-06-2014 at 05:03 AM.

Alright, about to fire up my next series against Northwest Arkansas, a split four game series, two at home, two away.

To try and work around these stupid new policies by Twitch (since I save my broadcasts and link to the videos at the end of each series summary), I've killed all music in the menus, turned the music volume slider down to zero, turned off music reverb in the stadium and switched all walk-up music for my player to None. Hopefully that will get around the issue. If not, then I guess you guys will have to try and catch all broadcasts live to hear any sound.

http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1

Alright, I don't know how instantaneous this whole audio copyright muting crap is, but my past broadcast video of the NW Arkansas series just a few minutes ago still has audio, so at least for now, turning off all music in the game did the trick. I suppose I'll know for sure later tonight or by tomorrow, if it still has audio or not, whether it worked for sure or not.

It was another rough couple of games for Tulsa. Facing NW Arkansas over four games in a pair of two game series, split home and away, Tulsa would claim victory in the first game, but go on to drop the next three.

Tulsa 8, NW Arkansas 7
    NW Arkansas 10, Tulsa 3
    NW Arkansas 4, Tulsa 0
    NW Arkansas 4, Tulsa 1

It would be another short series for Goose, as he would sit out the first game against the Naturals.

Returning to the lineup in the second game, Goose would find himself batting fourth in the order. He would step in to lead off the bottom of the second inning, getting in the hole early after swinging and missing at a fastball down the middle and a change up on the bottom outside corner. After fouling off a pitch low and away and taking a ball in the dirt, Goose would end up choked on a 1-2 pitch and pop out to the third baseman. Goose would return to the plate with two outs in the bottom of the fourth inning but he would ground out to the first baseman to end the inning. He would make his third appearance at the plate to lead off the bottom of the seventh inning, sending a 1-0 pitch into right-center field for a lead off single. A 2-1 double into center field by Jason Pridie would move Goose over to third base to put runners on second and third with no outs. Tyler Featherston would ground out to the shortstop, forcing Pridie to remain at second, but it would allow Goose to score from third to make it 6-1. The suck of the pitching staff would strike again in the top of the eighth, giving up four runs, all with two outs, to turn the game into a 10-1 blowout. Goose would get one last at-bat in the bottom of the eighth inning, stepping in with two outs and a runner on first. He would unload on a first pitch fastball down the middle, sending it high and deep to right-center and over the wall for a two run home run to make it 10-3. Final stats for Goose, he would end up batting .500, going 2-4 with a single and a two run home run, scoring two runs and a driving in two RBI.

The third game would again see Goose sitting out of the game for a day off.

Goose would return to the lineup for the fourth and final game against NW Arkansas, leading off the batting order this time. Opening up the game in the top of the first, Goose would swing at the first pitch of the game and send it into left-center field for a stand up double. Goose would advance to third base on a ground out to the second baseman by Jason Pridie. Corey Dickerson would end up grounding out to put two outs on the board, leaving Goose stuck at third. David Dahl would send a pitch to the left-center warning track for a double, driving Goose in for the go-ahead run. Goose's next at-bat would come in the second inning with two outs and runners on first and third. After working a 3-0 count out of the pitcher, he would take a swing at a pitch over the middle of the zone, only to ground out right to the first baseman for the final out of the inning. Goose would step back in with two outs in the top of the fifth inning, sending a first pitch strike off the wall in center field for a stand up double. Goose would end up stranded on second however as Jason Pridie would strikeout to end the inning. Goose's last at-bat of the game would come with two outs in the top of the seventh inning. Swinging at a first pitch strike right down the middle, he would end up flying out to the center fielder to end the inning. Final stats for Goose, he would end up with another .500 game, going 2-4 with two doubles and a run scored (Tulsa's only run of the game).

Final series stats for Goose, he would see action in just two of the four games against NW Arkansas, batting .500 for the series as a whole, going 4-8 with a single, two doubles and a two run home run, driving in two RBIs and scoring three runs.

The video of the entire series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/555333183

With just two games remaining in April (part of a four game series against Arkansas that stretches into the first two days of May), I'll go ahead and do an end of month stats update now.

Through 24 games:

Goose has played in 20 games, going 26-78 at the plate for a .333 average with 81 total plate appearances. He has 16 singles, 8 doubles, 0 triples, 2 home runs and 2 sacrifice flies. He's scored 10 runs and driven in 8 RBIs. He hasn't attempted to steal a base yet (not fast enough), he has drawn one walk and struck out four times. He's got a .513 slugging %, .333 OBP, .846 OPS and he's touched 40 total bases.

In the field, he's recorded 39 assists and 11 put outs. He's committed 3 errors to knock his fielding % down to .943.

He's played a total of 150.2 innings. He has drawn his average dead even for both left and right-handed pitchers, hitting .333 against both. He's only batting .143 with runners in scoring position, and he's better on the road as he is hitting .362 on the road versus .290 at home.

Breaking it down, against right-handed pitchers, Goose is 21-63 with 5 RBI. Against left-handed pitchers, he's 5-15 with 3 RBI. With runners in scoring position, he's 2-14. At home, he's 9-31 with 3 RBI. On the road, he's 17-47 with 5 RBI. Goose has hit one home run both at home and on the road, and one each against a left-handed and right-handed pitcher.

Getting into metrics, Goose's At-Bats per Home Run stat is 39.000. His Walks per Plate Appearance stat is .012. And his Walks per Strikeout stat is .250.

Taking a look at the standings, Tulsa is floundering, Springfield is scorching.

Stats are looking good. The only downside is your team is absolute crap. I know you are only 9 games back but the first half of the season may already be a lost cause. Hopefully Tulsa can come out of the gate in the 2nd half to earn a playoff spot.

Q. Which teams have you hit best/worst against?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Stats are looking good. The only downside is your team is absolute crap. I know you are only 9 games back but the first half of the season may already be a lost cause. Hopefully Tulsa can come out of the gate in the 2nd half to earn a playoff spot.

Q. Which teams have you hit best/worst against?
    Yeah, this team is literally worthless. I don't know how the hell they made the playoffs in your RTTS. This team, specifically these pitchers, suck.

As for teams, it's an incomplete list as I've only faced the Missions, Hooks, Naturals and Travelers thus far, but breaking it down:

Missions (7 games) - .437 on 7-16 hitting, 3 singles, 4 doubles, 1 RBI, 2 strikeouts and 1 sacrifice fly
    Naturals (4 games) - .375 on 6-16 hitting, 3 singles, 2 doubles, 1 home run, 2 RBI and 2 strikeouts
    Hooks (6 games) - .320 on 8-25 hitting, 8 singles, 1 double, 2 RBI and 1 sacrifice fly
    Travelers (4 games) - .238 on 5-21 hitting, 3 singles, 1 double, 1 home run, 3 RBI, 1 walk and 1 fielder's choice

Jaymo is using different rosters than you, to explain the difference in team performance.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Jaymo is using different rosters than you, to explain the difference in team performance.
    I didn't think about that. If memory recalls, I think I'm using OSFM v2 for both my RTTS and Rockies franchise.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I didn't think about that. If memory recalls, I think I'm using OSFM v2 for both my RTTS and Rockies franchise.

Yeah I used the most recent MLB rosters. HOWEVER, I believe they do NOT include accurate farm teams, only the Bigs. That being said, San Antonio is the defending AA Texas League Champion and in my RTTS they were beastly in year one. They have tanked in year two though. I notice they are not doing very well in Smooth's RTTS.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Yeah I used the most recent MLB rosters. HOWEVER, I believe they do NOT include accurate farm teams, only the Bigs. That being said, San Antonio is the defending AA Texas League Champion and in my RTTS they were beastly in year one. They have tanked in year two though. I notice they are not doing very well in Smooth's RTTS.
    Yeah, I went with the OSFM rosters to get accurate farm systems, primarily for my franchise. Hopefully Tulsa can find a way to turn it around though. God know I'm gonna quickly get tired of having our asses handed to us every game.

That said, time for a little late night streaming as Tulsa takes on the Arkansas Travelers.

http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1

Don't get too worried about Tulsa. You'll probably be in AAA before the end of the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

I gotta stop sucking myself first. . Started the Arkansas series going 0-5 in the first game.

Desperately in need of some wins, the Tulsa Drillers would find some as they welcomed the Arkansas Travelers to town. Unfortunately, the wins would come at the cost of Goose's batting average as he performed horribly against his worst opponent.

Tulsa 8, Arkansas 5
    Tulsa 7, Arkansas 4
    Arkansas 10, Tulsa 2
    Tulsa 8, Arkansas 7

First game of the series and batting fourth in the order, Goose would step in for his first at-bat with two outs in the bottom of the first inning and runners on first and second. He'd take a first pitch ball and watch a second pitch strike just nibble the bottom of the zone. After fouling off two pitches, Goose would get choked on the inside and pop out on an infield fly rule to end the inning. Returning to the plate with one out in the bottom of the third inning, Goose would foul off the first pitch before grounding out to the first baseman. Stepping in with two outs in the bottom of the fifth, flying out to deep right field to end the inning. Goose would lead off the bottom of the seventh inning, but it would be another poor outing as he would again ground out to the first baseman. He would come up for one last at-bat with one out in the bottom of the eighth inning and a runner on first. It would be one of his worst at-bats of his career as he would send a 2-2 pitch at the second baseman and ground into his first ever double play, ending the inning. Final stats for Goose, a miserable 0-5.

Second game of the series and still batting fourth, Goose would come to the plate in the bottom of the first inning with two outs and a runner on first. He would foul off three straight pitches before getting choked inside to pop out to the first baseman and end the inning. Going back to his last at-bat of the NW Arkansas series, Goose has now going hitless in his last seven at-bats. Corey Dickerson would hit a home run to lead off the bottom of the fourth inning, so Goose would step in with no outs and the bases empty. He would yet again ground out to the first baseman, extending the streak to eight at-bats. Top of the fifth inning with no outs and a runner on second, Goose would end up tagged with an error as he tried to make a play on a ball hit up the middle, only to have it bounce by his glove and go right past him into center field for the error, allowing the runner to score from second and tie the game up. Stepping up to the plate in the bottom of the fifth inning of a 3-1 game with two outs and a runner on second, Goose would send a 2-0 pitch down the third base line all the way to the corner wall for a stand up RBI double, finally breaking his hitless streak. The throw in from the left fielder would sail over the cut-off man's head and past the second baseman, allowing Goose to take off running for third before the catcher, of all people, could get the ball and throw it to third base, leaving Goose standing on third with two outs. Jason Pridie would draw a walk to put runners on the corners, and that would be it for Arkansas' starting pitcher. It would be a rough welcome for the reliever as Rosell Herrera would send a 1-2 pitch to the right-center field wall for a two RBI double, followed by an RBI single by Rafael Ynoa to cap off a six run inning and give Tulsa a commanding 7-1 lead. Goose would return to the plate in the bottom of the sixth inning with two outs and a runner on first. He'd swing at the first pitch and break his bat in the process, resulting in a very soft ground ball toward the second base side of the pitcher's mound. The first baseman would charge the ball while the pitcher ran to cover first, but Goose would just beat the throw from the first baseman by a hair for an infield single. Jason Pridie would deflect a hit off of the shortstop for an infield single to load the bases, unfortunately Herrera would be unable to reproduce his results from the previous inning, grounding out to the first baseman to end the inning. Goose would get one last chance at the plate in the bottom of the eighth inning of a 7-4 game, stepping in with one out and a runner on first, but he would hit a ground ball at the first baseman to ground into his second career double play. Final stats for Goose, he would end up 2-5 with an infield single and a double, driving in one RBI and scoring one run. Goose's final average for the month of April, .318.

Third game of the series, Goose would end up sitting out, presumably for a day of rest. Tayler Featherston would take over shortstop for the day.

Fourth game of the series, Goose would return to the lineup, batting fourth in the order. Goose would come up for his first at-bat in the bottom of the first inning with two outs and a runner on first. He would swing at a first pitch strike and send a line drive down the third base line, only to end up getting robbed by the third baseman, Kaleb Cowart, who would make an impressive web gem earning high leaping catch to snag the line drive out of the air over his head. Goose would return to the plate in the bottom of the fourth inning with one out and no one on base, bouncing a 1-0 pitch off the wall in right-center field for a double. He would end up stranded at second however as Brandon Barnes would fly out to shallow center field. After a drawn walk by Taylor Featherston, Harold Riggans would fly out to deep left-center field to end the inning. After falling behind 3-0 in the second inning, Tulsa would plate a pair of runs in the bottom of the fifth to close the gap. Goose would come up to bat in the bottom of the fifth with two outs and a runner on second, but he would fly out to deep left field to end the inning. Of course, our pitching staff would put us right back in a hole, giving up four runs in the top of the sixth to extend Arkansas' lead to 7-2. We would manage to plate three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to make it 7-5, before Goose would step in with one out and a runner on first. Goose would swing at an 1-0 pitch and send that thing ricocheting right off of the pitcher's left ankle and towards the shortstop. They would get the runner out at second but Goose would beat the throw to first for a fielder's choice. Despite showing a very visible limp, the pitcher would remain in the game and get Brandon Barnes to fly out to deep right field to end the inning and the scoring. Tulsa would manage to make a comeback in the bottom of the eighth inning as Harold Riggans and Ryan Casteel would both hit one out singles to put runners the corners. Jayson Langfels would drive a two RBI double to right field, making the tying the game at 7-7. David Dahl would give us our first and only lead of the day, scoring Langfels on what would be the game winning with a single to center. The inning would end when Raimel Tapia grounded into a double play, leaving our lead at just a single run. Tyler Matzek would come in to close, but Arkansas would put their first batter on after a throwing error by second baseman Taylor Featherston. The runner would move to second base on a sacrifice bunt, but would end up stranded there as a ground out to the pitcher would pick up the second out. After a walk put runners on first and second, Matzek would get the next batter to ground out to Featherston at second for the final out of the game. Final stats for Goose, 1-4 with a double and an infield hit for a fielder's choice.

As shown in the end of April stats vs. teams a couple posts ago, Goose has performed the worst against Arkansas, and that trend continued with this series. Goose would end up going 0-7 to start the series (0-8 if you count his last at-bat against NW Arkansas) before he would finally record his first hit. In the end, he'd go a miserable 3-14 for a .214 average with two doubles and an infield single, along with a fielder's choice, an RBI and one run.

Goose's high water mark for batting average came back on April 21st in his first game against Arkansas. After hitting his first career home run, a single and a hitting into a fielder's choice, his batting average reached a career high of .365. Ever since then, over the last 11 games, his batting average has been in complete and total free fall, currently sitting at .315 as of the completion of this series.

It doesn't look like it'll get any better for Goose. Up next for the Drillers, it's back on the road for their first series of the season against the division leading Springfield Cardinals, who sit at 17-11 on the season, a full 8 games better than the 9-19 Drillers. The 8-game road trip then continues with a four game swing through Arkansas. Tulsa returns home for four games against Springfield then has another split series with NW Arkansas, playing two games on the road and two games at home. After that, it's back to facing opponents from the South Division with a stretch of three game series against both Frisco and Midland, three games on the road against both, then three games at home against both to wrap up the month of May.

The video of the entire series: http://www.twitch.tv/smoothpancakes1/b/555751869

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I gotta stop sucking myself first. . Started the Arkansas series going 0-5 in the first game.

From what I can tell streaks are a huge part of this game. Right now I am in a career drought. I can't hit anything and out of desperation I am swinging at everything. That makes the problem even worse.

Yeah, I did horrible to start that Arkansas series. 0-8 drought if I include the end of the NW Arkansas series. Even after I got a hit, I didn't do great, going 3-14 in the series as a whole.

I'm doing the same thing, I get impatient and am trying to break the slump, so I end up swinging at pitches I normally wouldn't swing at, only to end up popping out or grounding out.

The Springfield series won't be getting played until at least Saturday night. I was hoping to maybe squeeze it in tonight, but got stuck at work later than I planned. As it's now 10:30pm EST and I have to be up at 2:30am EST for work, there's no time to get a game in before I have to hit the sack.

Alright, time to fire this baby back up with MLB 15. Like I posted in one of the MLB threads, I won't be streaming right away, as I'm dealing with some issue (either Time Warner being douchebags, the wiring in this place sucking, or my router/modem being crap) that is causing my upload and download speeds to go from anywhere between 100% of what they should be and 1/100th of what they should be. Therefore, I'm just going to go the text route for now, similar to what Steelerfan is doing. Hopefully down the road I'll be able to start streaming again.

To give a recap of the action, we have just begun the month of May in Double A. The Tulsa Drillers are currently sitting at a miserable 9-19 on the season, good enough for dead last in the Texas League North, 2 games behind third place Arkansas Travelers (11-17), 6 games behind the second place Northwest Arkansas Naturals (15-13) and 8 games behind the first place Springfield Cardinals (17-11).

We had just wrapped up a home series with Arkansas, taking two of three in the series. Goose Anderson was finally starting to put together some consistency. His batting average over the last five games were .500 (against NWA), .500 (against NWA), .000 (against Arkansas), .400 (against Arkansas) and .250 (against Arkansas). Goose would be in for a test as Tulsa hit the road to start May for a four game series at Springfield. It would be the first time playing Springfield this season, so Goose would be going up against new, unfamiliar pitchers in each game.

So far, on the season as a whole, Goose is batting .315 with .489 slugging. In 92 at bats, he has 29 hits, 10 doubles, 2 home runs, he's scored 11 runs and driven in 9 RBI. He's also walked once and struck out four times as well as grounding into two double plays. Fielding, hie has made 13 putouts and made 42 assists. He's committed four errors to knock his fielding percentage down to .932.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 03-31-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Hitting the road to start the month of May, it was off to take on the division leading Springfield Cardinals. Trailing by 8 games in the division, a four game sweep would be a HUGE boost to our division hopes. Unfortunately, the four game sweep would end up being for Springfield instead.

Springfield 3, Tulsa 1

Springfield 8, Tulsa 1
    Springfield 3, Tulsa 2
    Springfield 6, Tulsa 4

First game of the series and batting third in the order, Goose would step in for his first at-bat in the top of the first inning with one out and a runner on first. It would be a poor one as he would proceed to strikeout on three pitches. Returning to the plate in the top of the third inning with two outs and a runner on second. After taking a first pitch ball, Goose would end up grounding out to the second baseman to end the inning. Goose would get his next chance in the top of the sixth inning, batting with one out and no one on. Swinging on a first pitch strike down the middle, Goose would unload on it and send it deep to center field. Unfortunately it would be short of a home run, caught at the wall for the second out. Goose would come up likely for his last at-bat of the game in the top of the eighth inning with one out and a runner on first. Goose would finally break into the hit column, roping a first pitch strike over the head of the second baseman and into shallow left field for a single, advancing the runner all the way to third to put runners on the corners. Goose would make that runners on second and third as he would get a hell of a jump on the first pitch, easily beating the throw to steal second base. A sac fly to right field would put us on the scoreboard, making it 3-1 with two outs and Goose still on second. Another successful steal, this one just barely beating the throw from the catcher, would put Goose on third base. A five pitch walk to Rosell Herrera would put runners on the corners. Unfortunately Rafael Ynoa would ground out to second to end the inning. And that would be all as Springfield would go on to claim the 3-1 win. Final stats for Goose, he would go 1-4 with a bloop single to shallow left field, a strikeout and two stolen bases.

Second game of the series, Goose would be out of the starting lineup for the game. He would come in to bat as a pinch hitter for the pitcher to lead off the top of the sixth inning. Swinging at a first pitch strike, Goose would launch the ball into the gap between right and center field. While he had a great chance at legging out a triple, the ball would proceed to land on the warning track and bounce over the wall to limit him to a ground rule double. Goose would make it over to third on the next at-bat as Rafael Ynoa dropped a single into center field. Unfortunately Goose missed the go signal from the third base coach and lost any chance he had at making the plate, having to dive back to third base to avoid the throw by the cut-off man. That would be runners on first and third and no outs with Jason Pridie batting next. A ground out to second base by Pridie would see Goose score the first run of the game for Tulsa. That would be the end of Goose's day, going 1-1 with a ground rule double and a run scored in an 8-1 drubbing from Springfield.

Third game of the series, Goose would be back in the lineup, again batting in the third position. He would come up for his first at-bat in the top of the first inning with two outs and no one on. Swinging at a first pitch strike, Goose would absolutely unload on it, sending it screaming down the right field line. Unfortunately it go just foul to rob Goose from a home run. That would be the highlight of the at-bat as he would end up popping out to end the inning. Goose's next at-bat would come with two outs and no one on in the top of the fourth inning. It would be another uneventful trip to the play with a fly out to left field to end the half inning. Goose would get his next crack at the plate in the top of the sixth inning with two outs and no one on. Despite working a 2-2 count out of the at-bat, it would still be for nothing as a ground out to second base would bring the top half of the inning to a close. Goose would come up for his last at-bat of the game with one out and no one on in the top of the ninth inning. Goose's first swing of the game unloaded on a first pitch strike that saw a home run sail just foul. Goose's last swing of the game unloaded on a first pitch strike that would see that ball stay inside the right foul pole for a towering home run. It wouldn't be enough however as Springfield would take game three 3-2. Final stats for Goose, he would go 1-4 with a home run, run scored and one RBI.

Fourth and final game of the series, Goose would remain third in the batting order. His first at-bat would come in the top of the first inning with one out and a runner on third after a triple by Rosell Herrera. Goose would drive the lead run in with a triple of his own, putting us up 1-0 early on with one out and another runner on third. A ground out to second by Jason Pridie would drive Goose in to put us up by two runs. That lead would disappear in the second thanks to a three run homer, putting us behind 3-2. Goose would lead off the top of the fourth inning, but he would end up grounding out to shortstop to end the at-bat. Goose would next appear to lead off the top of the seventh inning. It would be another short at-bat as Goose would send the second pitch right at the first baseman for a quick out. Goose would come up to bat for his final appearance of the game, stepping in with no outs and runner in first in the top of the ninth inning. A soft grounder up the middle would see the lead runner thrown out at second, but Goose would manage to beat out the throw at first base for a fielder's choice. Goose would turn that into one out with a runner on second as he would take off on the first pitch, successfully stealing second base thanks to a high throw by the catcher. A missed diving catch by the center fielder on a crack up the middle by Jason Pridie would advance Goose to third base and put runners on second and third with one out. A two run triple by Rafael Ynoa would score both Goose and Pridie and close the gap on the scoreboard to just two runs. Unfortunately, two straight strikeouts by the closer would bring this one to an end with a 6-4 Springfield victory, and we would get swept right out of the four game series to drop us 12 games back of Springfield. Final stats for Goose, he would go 1-4 with a triple, two runs scored, one RBI and a stolen base.

Final series stats for Goose, he would see action in all four games, start in three of them. It would be a mediocre series however as he would end the series batting .308, going 4-13 with a single, a double, a triple and a home run, four runs scored, two RBIs, three stolen bases and one strikeout.

Next up, the Tulsa Drillers close out their 8 game road trip with a four game series at the Arkansas Travelers. Goose will need to step his game up if he wants to do better than the first two series against Arkansas. So far lifetime against the Travelers, Goose is batting .229, going 8-35 with four singles, three doubles, one home run, four RBIs and a walk. He has twice gone hitless against Arkansas, ending 0-4 back on April 23rd and 0-5 on April 29th.
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 04-01-2015 at 02:17 AM.

Finishing up our 8 game road trip, the Tulsa Drillers would head to Arkansas to take on the Travelers. In the previous two series against Arkansas, it has been good and bad. The first series we got swept in four games, the second series we took three out of four. This series would end up being split, as Arkansas would take the first and last games, while Tulsa would steal the middle contests.

Arkansas 5, Tulsa 4
    Tulsa 4, Arkansas 1
    Tulsa 2, Arkansas 1
    Arkansas 2, Tulsa 1

First game of the series would see a change for Goose Anderson, as he would get bumped up to the lead off position. Sort of surprising, but hopefully it'll mean better results. Coming up in his first at-bat to lead off the game, unfortunately it would be an at-bat to forget as he would strikeout swinging in the dirt. Goose would return to the plate in the top of the third inning with no outs and a runner on first. Goose would unload on the first pitch and send it deep to center field, but not deep enough as it would be caught at the warning track. Goose's next chance at the plate would come in the top of the sixth inning, leading off the inning. He would finally break into the hit column, sending a pitch right back up the middle and through the gap into center field for a stand up single. Goose would make it to second base on a steal, before being driven in to score a batter later on a single to right field by Corey Dickerson. The Drillers would score three runs that inning to take a 4-0 lead, only to blow it in the bottom of the inning as our pitcher Ryan Casteel would give up a grand slam to see the game tied back up. Goose would come back up to bat in the top of the seventh inning with one out and no one on, but he would get caught frozen on a hanging slider for a called third strike, his second strikeout of the game. Goose would walk to the plate for his final at-bat of the game, coming up to lead off the ninth inning. He would rip a ball down the first base line, but the first baseman would manage to dive and trap the ball, quickly scrambling to step on the base and get Goose out. Final stats for Goose, a miserable 1-5 with a single, a run scored and two strikeouts.

The second game of the series would see Goose still leading off. Coming up to bat to lead off the game, Goose would end up hitting a pop up to center field for another poor start. Goose would make his next plate appearance in the top of the third inning with no outs and a runner on first. Goose would come through this time, rocking a first pitch strike into right field for a single, putting runners on first and second. Goose would never make it to second base as the next batter, Jason Pridie, would ground back to the pitcher and into a double play. Goose would return for his next at-bat in the top of the fifth inning with no outs and a runner on first. Unfortunately it would end in a pop out to right field to send Goose back to the dug out. Goose would get his next shot in the top of the seventh inning with one out and no one on. While Goose would make great contact on a pitch, he would end up lining it straight at the second baseman for an easy throw out. Goose would come up for his final at-bat in the top of the eighth inning with two outs and the bases loaded. Goose would have a massive opportunity to shake off his recent struggles and make a statement here. However, instead of going out with a roar, Goose would go out with a whimper, grounding out to the first baseman. Final stats for Goose, he would again go 1-5 with a single his lone hit of the game to go along with a pair of ground outs and a pair of fly outs.

The third game of the series would apparently see the lead off experiment end, as Goose would be moved back to his normal third slot in the lineup. He would come up for first at-bat in the top of the first inning with no outs and runners on first and third thanks to a fielding error on the previous play. Goose would end up grounding out to the second baseman, but it would be enough to drive in the runner from third, so at least a semi-successful at-bat. Goose would return to the plate in the top of the third inning with one out and a runner on first. Swinging on a hit and run, Goose would end up grounding out to the second baseman once again, but he would successfully move the runner up to second base. Naturally nothing would come of the inning, but hey, at least Goose was being a team player. Goose would get his next crack in the top of the sixth inning, coming up with one out and no one on. Goose's struggles would continue as he would ground out to the first baseman to end another at-bat. Goose would get one last chance at the plate, coming up in the top of the eighth inning with one out and the bases loaded, another chance to go out with a roar. It wouldn't necessarily be a roar, but Goose would go out with a single in the gap into right field, scoring the runner from third and leaving the bases loaded for the next batter, Corey Dickerson. Nothing would end up coming of the inning, and we would leave the bases loaded to end the inning. Somehow our pitching would come through and we would hang on for the win. Final stats for Goose, he would end 1-4 with a single and two RBIs.

The final game of the series would see Goose remain in the third slot in the lineup. Swinging the pink bat for this Mother's Day battle, Goose would come up for his first at-bat in the top of the first inning with one out and no one on following a lead off home run by David Dahl. Swinging at a fastball down the middle, Goose would send it up the gap into right field, somehow increasing his hitting streak to an improbable 10 games, thanks to his being a one-hit wonder. Goose would make it to second base a couple pitches into the next at-bat, racking up another steal on the season. Unfortunately Goose would end up being the second out of a double play, as the next batter would send a line drive right to the short stop, the ball quickly thrown to second for the out before Goose could tag up in time. Goose would make his next at-bat in the top of the third inning with two outs and a runner on first. A ground out to second base would be all Goose would manage. Goose's next shot would come leading off the top of the sixth inning. A soft chopper back to the pitcher would be all Goose could manage out of the at-bat, thrown out at first base. Goose would get his final chance this game, coming up in the top of the eighth inning with two outs and no one on. A fly out to left field would end the top half of the inning and end Goose's night. Final stats for Goose, he would rack up yet another 1-4 night, ending with a lone single in the first inning and a stolen base.

Final series stats for Goose, he would start all four games, spending the first two games leading off and the final two games back at third in the batting order. Goose would end up batting a paltry .222 for the series, going 4-18 with four singles, two RBIs, two stolen bases and two strikeouts.

Next up for the Tulsa Drillers, it's back home for a four game stretch with Springfield, then a split four game series against the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, playing the first two games on the road and the last two games at home. Thankfully Tulsa didn't lose any ground after splitting with Arkansas, remaining 12 games back of first place Springfield.

Taking a look at some early season All-Star voting, Goose Anderson is currently coming in second in voting for shortstop in the Texas League with 197k votes. Addison Russell of the Midland Rockhounds sits in first place with 291k votes. And rightly so. Looking at stats, Goose has the better batting average (.301 over .275), but Addison destroys Goose in home runs (9 to 3) and RBIs (26-13), while also leading in Hits (39-37). Goose leads in stolen bases (5 to 4). So it's hard to complain there based on stats. Hopefully Goose can start pulling it together and maybe make a run at Addison in the second half of May and first half of June.