Thread: Madden NFL 15 - Developer Livestream featuring Presentation

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden NFL 15 - Developer Livestream featuring Presentation

Just watched the stream and the Defensive AI did not look improved at all to me. I don't know what level they were playing on but honestly the game looked graphically better but was the same ole madden of wide open games with no defense.
    Last edited by cdj; 07-30-2014 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Just watched the stream and the Defensive AI did not look improved at all to me. I don't know what level they were playing on but honestly the game looked graphically better but was the same ole madden of wide open games with no defense.
    All-Pro

Agreed that was very dumbed down defense compared to the last stream. Bad decisions game after game on pass plays because tons of WR's were wide open. I know these guys are distracted a bit but that was poor gameplay.

****Interesting note****
    Before the first game at the start of the stream one of the loading screens spilled the beans on upgrading your players this year in CFM with a single button press(OMG was that tedious upgrading point by point for you're whole team) so that is a welcomed addition.

http://www.twitch.tv/easports/b/552815490

Here is the twitch link for those who missed it. Haven't watched all of it yet but this seems like a step back from the last broadcast. Plus what is with the colours? It almost looks like the Steelers are wearing gray unis.

Tried watching on Twitch app but haven't been able to see a video on that app ever

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Tried watching on Twitch app but haven't been able to see a video on that app ever
    desktop or tablet? I have never had an issue via the twitch site on my desktop. I checked the link I posted and it is working for me. I don't know if this is up on YouTube yet.

The ZONE D is this twitch feed looks awful. This is ALL PRO yet on several plays in the first half there is nobody near a WR for 10-15 yards.

App on phone, Note 3 damn near size of tablet lol

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    App on phone, Note 3 damn near size of tablet lol
    Ah okay. From a desktop it will work but I have not had much success on my Android re: twitch tv.

Yeah figured it would but I rarely get on computer once home

Will check it out at work if it's still on Twitch.

Just finished the video and I don't have too much to say.

-coaches look great!
    -stadiums look great!
    -field texture (when not actually playing) looks great!
    -new push button training will be more efficient time-wise (based on a loading screen shot)
    -coin toss before the game makes the game flow better
    -stadium fly-in over the chrome and then real life is awesome!
    -scoreboard look very AUTHENTIC!
    -very few cut scenes as most things are now real time
    -tackling cone looks very good, especially on special teams
    -time of day lighting looks vastly improved

Indifferent:
    -new kick metre
    -half-time show... better than nothing, but not much better

Dislikes:
    -white-washed uniforms look so dull!!!
    -zone defense looked really bad at times
    -very minimal pass rush, unless you are using the D line
    -cpu punts the ball down the middle of the field as per usual
    -dynamic sidelines and crowds looking minimally dynamic...
    -nowhere near enough stat overlays and the owns shown are too quick
    -in the Eagles/Jags game for player profiles why contrast Shorts III with 2013 stats and Maclin from 2012???

Nice stuff Jaymo.

Jaymo, Maclin didn't play all of last season he tore his ACL in training camp, so they used his 2012 stats. Selected him as comparison because he may be the Eagles new #1 WR as is Shorts since Blackmon is suspended. Didn't have stats to use.

Couple things I picked up from it that may be different from what everyone else saw. I don't very much care for presentation and camera angles, stats. Stuff looks nice but I only focus on gameplay.

- After catch transition looks much better

In the past in both NCAA and Madden once catching the ball there was this hitch and never a smooth transition after catching the ball. For example if you caught a flat pass or any pass that had your body facing towards the sideline and simply wanted to turn up field...there was this hitch which allowed the defense to gain ground and tackle you. Not it actually looks as if they turn or lean their body in the direction they want to go. Noticed that on several occasions.

The after catch transitions as a whole look better not just on those specific routes and instances. The catch and result of the pass being led a little too much and how it affected the WR after making the catch.

- Defender jostling/fighting after a pass appears completed

Eric Berry fought to have that ball stripped after the TE caught it forcing the incomplete pass. That didn't happen last version the way it did just then.

- Sack throw

In particular that screen pass attempt. It happened the way it should have, with the ball going towards the ground as Ben was tackled. Before it would have popped in the air somehow even though his arm direction wasn't going that way or he was hit that hard to do so.

That's just the first few minutes of rewatching the Steelers/Chiefs game a few times. Will have more later on after meeting and watching a few times more.

Yea I saw the same thing. A lot of people who got a chance to see it at E3 said the defense was improved so I'll have to reserve judgment until the demo. It was kinda funny that they say "defense is tough this year guys" and then the first play there's a receiver wide open.