Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Arts Announces "EA Access" for XBOX One

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Remember when people thought that was a rip off and stupid as well?
    Not really.

I bought Season Ticket and was happy with that product b/c it was CORRECTLY advertised. I got the product on Friday and then after the weekend it stopped working (although the times varied). I got to give a FULL TEST of the final product and determine whether it was worth my $60 or not.

My only complaints with the product was the long download times on Friday nights when I got home from work. With the pre-download on PS4 (and XB1 i presume) that problem would easily had been resolved.

I think EA really used creating language again (much like MS is trying with the TR). Yeah it was all there in the fine print legalese that you might only get a few hours. But people ignored others (like myself) that warned this was coming.

Hell just look at IOU's posts above. He thought the hours would only apply to non sports games and that you would get the full weekend to try the sports titles.

He was wrong I was right. (although I thought they would drop this bomb AFTER Madden with FIFA)

I heard plenty of complaints of the Season Ticket when it was announced and released.

And of course this

http://kotaku.com/5834827/ea-sports-...s-on-debut-day

Not sure if these are complaints or not haven't read through the entire thing but here is TGT's feeling towards it when it released

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...Launches-Today

Why you yourself said

Nope. Sorry 3 days early for a download doesn't entice me to give EA $25 bucks and I don't think I have ever purchased DLC
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-18-2014 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Hell just look at IOU's posts above. He thought the hours would only apply to non sports games and that you would get the full weekend to try the sports titles.
    I didn't know how it would be, hence why I didn't purchase the subscription. I was waiting on the early release details for Madden, which I'm highly underwhelmed with. Truthfully, I did expect EA to release it 4 or 5 days early with no limitations, but I learned a long time ago that when dealing with EA, common sense and doing the right thing doesn't always apply - so I wait until ALL the details have been announced.

Wow! Here is a short interview on EA ACCESS and why Sony passed. Feel free to consult a lawyer on this one.

GameCentral talks to the head of PlayStation Europe (Jim Ryan) about why Sony doesn’t like EA Access
    GC: Okay, so you’ll like this one: what has Sony got against EA Access?

JR: We don’t have anything against EA Access, we just need to position it… these sort of offerings they’ve got to fit into the framework of everything we do and everything that we offer. And we’re just not quite comfortable with how it sits within the whole ecosystem of our digital offering, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I think the phrase used by Sony is that it doesn’t offer good value for money, can you be specific about why you think that is? Because to me £3.99 a month doesn’t sound bad, at least not once they have a good pool of games to choose from.

JR: It adds up of course, over the course of months and years, and you know we’ve got PlayStation Plus and we feel that offers our consumers the best value in terms of a subscription offer.

GC: But isn’t that just you being a bully and ensuring you haven’t got any competitors?

JR: I don’t think so, I don’t see us being a bully at all.

GC: If that’s not the case I don’t understand why you won’t allow it?

JR: Like I say, we’ve got to look at that value proposition…

GC: But what are you looking at that you don’t like? What part of that ‘value proposition’ don’t you like?

JR: How it relates to everything else that we offer, including PlayStation Plus.

GC: I don’t understand what that sentence is supposed to mean.

JR: All I can do is repeat it.

GC: [exasperated] But that’s just marketing gobbledegook! No one that reads this, when I transcribe this interview, is going to know what it’s supposed to mean either. It’s just white nose to move on this part of the interview.

JR: I think your readers are probably more intelligent than you are.

GC: They undoubtedly are, but unless they’ve got a PhD in marketing doublespeak I think they’re also going to wonder what it is you’re trying not to say.

JR: …

GC: Last time, when I suggested you police microtransactions, you thought that was unnecessary, but as soon as something that might affect Sony’s profits comes up suddenly you’re very heavy-handed and desperate to protect the customer from the mean old publishers. What would EA, or any other publisher, have to do to make their subscription service acceptable to you?

JR: We’ll look at each individual proposition on its own merits and make decisions accordingly.

GC: You know you’re creating conspiracies by giving all these non-answers. It’s like talking to Phil Harrison!

JR: [laughs] If you want to be paranoid that’s…

GC: I just want to understand Sony’s reasoning.

JR: Well I’ve done my best to explain it, that’s all I can do.

Lmao, a whole lot of nothing from him. Definitely trying to wave the hand and say these are not the droids you're looking for as Sony gets hammered on this.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Wow! That was brutal. Just man up and admit you want all companies to release every game or paid service through your ecosystem to make more money.

Yeah that was terrible to read. I honestly thought someone made up that transcript. Seemed awkward.

I guess our xbox friends get their access starting at noon Eastern tomorrow. I suspect it will go something like this...

Hour one: "oh my gosh this game is amazing!"
    Hour two: "best game ever!!! Everything is sooo good."
    Hour three: "oh man this is so much fun... but why is every pass the cpu throws completed?"
    Hour four: "oh my gosh this is so stupid... my player just warped through another player. WTF?"
    Hour five: "this game is crap. It should be called Madden 25.5 what did they do for the last year"
    Hour six: "I hate EA. I'm cancelling my preorder. You just lost a customer! Never again EA; Never again"

One week later: "sweet I just pre-ordered Madden 16. This is going to be the best game ever!"

looking forward to the forums lighting up.

Best bet for your mental health and well being is to avoid certain forums for at least two weeks after release. Personally I add the week before release, because of the, "Does anyone on in "X" city have the game yet" threads.

Seeing 10 or 11 people on my twitch playing Madden 15. Just wanted to thank Sony again for giving me the choice to spend my money how I see fit. Oh wait... Not impressed Sony; Not impressed at all...

Just pile it on JB. Just pile it on...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Just pile it on JB. Just pile it on...
    I subscribed this weekend. Just doing the $5 a month thing for now.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I subscribed this weekend. Just doing the $5 a month thing for now.
    Yeah, I think I'll do the same. Play some Need for Speed and maybe dick around in Battlefield. Can also take advantage of the early play for NHL and FIFA.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I think I'll do the same. Play some Need for Speed and maybe dick around in Battlefield. Can also take advantage of the early play for NHL and FIFA.

Yep, whore a few achievements on the XB1 side since I mostly play on the PS4, and get early access.
    The dude abides.

OS is reporting that FIFA 15 and NHL 15 will both offer 6 HOURS of early release. It's the same amount as Madden 15.

Not a surprise.
    The dude abides.

Plants v. Zombies: Garden Warfare added to the Vault. Great add IMO.
    The dude abides.

EA SPORTS UFC will be added to the EA Access Vault on December 18.

NBA Live 15 is now (or will soon be) available as part of EA Access.