Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic Arts Announces "EA Access" for XBOX One

• Facebook
  • Display

Electronic Arts Announces "EA Access" for XBOX One

A new program was announced by Electronic Arts for the XBOX One system called EA Access. This will be a subscription based system that allows you to play EA's games in a whole new way. Part of the subscription will include what is called The Vault where you can play a certain selection of games unlimited anytime. Also, similiar to the EA Sports Season Ticket program, there will also be DLC discounts, but not just DLC, but full retail purchase discounts. Also similar to Season Ticket, the EA Access will allow you to play a new retail game five days early. For full details of this new program, please hit the jump to read the rest.

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

•Awesome Value– Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*
    •Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

*Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See www.ea.com/eaaccess for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...s-for-XBOX-One
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 07-29-2014 at 12:57 PM.
    The dude abides.

We have partnered with Microsoft because we hate Sony and Microsoft paid us lots of money in an attempt to make the XBox One actually relevant. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of morons who actually bought an XBox One compared to the millions more who bought a PS4. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to leave out and/or screw over 60%+ of our potential customers by showing preferential treatment to the smaller console manufacturer - who tried to screw these consumers over (as we wanted all along) with ridiculous DRM policies. We know this won't make any difference in the console war (Lord knows Titanfall was not enough) but are attempting to generate any buzz we can for Microsoft since their view of how to treat consumers is more aligned than Sony's
    Fixed.

I think this is a good deal overall, just wish the DLC discount was more. On Season Ticket where it was 20%, that was a nice savings for someone who plays MUT and PGA buying the courses, and etc.

As for The Vault, considering most of my games are PS4, I wouldn't mind replaying some of them on the XB1 to whore out achievements. Especially if they somehow get 360 games in the fold as well.
    The dude abides.

Well that sealed the deal for me and any EA product from now until the exclusivity deal is done. GameFly only for the "Fine Folks" at EA Sports. Now off to play a real quality game (TLOU) on the best and by a 2:1 ratio best selling console.

If I were to get it, it won't be for a long while until they've added a bunch more games. I've already got Madden 25 (with its shitty gameplay), I've already got FIFA 14, I'm pretty sure I've already got Peggle 2. So I'd only get Battlefield 4 out of it. May as well just buy Battlefield 4 in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Well that sealed the deal for me and any EA product from now until the exclusivity deal is done. GameFly only for the "Fine Folks" at EA Sports. Now off to play a real quality game (TLOU) on the best and by a 2:1 ratio best selling console.
    Just like everything is not Democrat v. Republican, not everything is MS v. Sony
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think this is a good deal overall, just wish the DLC discount was more. On Season Ticket where it was 20%, that was a nice savings for someone who plays MUT and PGA buying the courses, and etc.

As for The Vault, considering most of my games are PS4, I wouldn't mind replaying some of them on the XB1 to whore out achievements. Especially if they somehow get 360 games in the fold as well.
    It is a pretty good deal IMO. Disappointing it's XB1 only as I would totally pick it up for PS4.

Just like everything is not Democrat v. Republican, not everything is MS v. Sony
    Some people live in a world of absolutes.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Some people live in a world of absolutes.
    The dude abides.

Are you saying the PS4 is not technically capable of providing such an app/service?

EA did this for 2 reasons: (1) MS paid them for the exclusive deal and/or (2) EA has a "beef" with Sony after that 2013 E3 conference where Sony refused to go along with EA and MS (and most likely other major publishers) with the DRM policies.

Unless MS paid BIG $ for the exclusive right to this service EA is again biting off its nose to spite its face b/c they are missing out on 60-70% of its world wide customers according to sales figures. Only a dumb (or really angry) person makes such a deal. Again, unless MS shelled out BIG bucks to make up for the loss. Then you can justify it on EA's end but NOT MS' as this isn't going to move many XB1 units.

This won't convince me to get an Xbox One but if I had one, I'd gladly sign up for the annual subscription. I like the Netflix model. I don't need to own everything. I'll gladly rent games forever unless it's something like Animal Crossing.

This won't convince me to get an Xbox One but if I had one, I'd gladly sign up for the annual subscription. I like the Netflix model. I don't need to own everything. I'll gladly rent games forever unless it's something like Animal Crossing.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Are you saying the PS4 is not technically capable of providing such an app/service?

EA did this for 2 reasons: (1) MS paid them for the exclusive deal
    And this

Which you have gotten me into now on the 3DS, and Tomodachi Life as well. I got the latter for $20 in the buy two for $40 deal at Best Buy with Bravely Default.
    The dude abides.

Play First: EA Access members will get to experience trials of new EA games early on Xbox One. Starting 5 days before release, you’ll be able to try the game for at least two hours and then save your progress. Once you purchase the digital or physical copy, you can use your save game and continue the experience.
    Devil in the details...??? You have access to the game (eg Madden 15) five days in advance BUT it is a time trial with a minimum of TWO HOURS. If that's the case I am far less impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Devil in the details...??? You have access to the game (eg Madden 15) five days in advance BUT it is a time trial with a minimum of TWO HOURS. If that's the case I am far less impressed.
    Having a minimum is fine for me. Having a maximum would be a problem.

Having a minimum is fine for me. Having a maximum would be a problem.
    Season ticket gave you 72+ hours of gameplay with no minimums. If the language is a "minimum" of two hours I would be very surprised to see anything more than 5-10 total hours for Madden.

Season ticket gave you 72+ hours of gameplay with no minimums. If the language is a "minimum" of two hours I would be very surprised to see anything more than 5-10 total hours for Madden.
    That's basically 2 or 3 games of Madden. I'm pretty sure almost everyone is going to play that over a 5 day period.

"At least two hours" It's flexible. My guess is a single player game gets two hours, a sports game could have more.
    The dude abides.

That's basically 2 or 3 games of Madden. I'm pretty sure almost everyone is going to play that over a 5 day period.
    Well as one example, for season ticket with NCAA 14 I was up to about 19 hours of gameplay in those three days. By the end I had a good sense of the game. I don't think 2-5 hours would be enough to make a sound judgment either way. Maybe though that is what EA wants? Give you a taste but not enough to turn you off???

Well as one example, for season ticket with NCAA 14 I was up to about 19 hours of gameplay in those three days. By the end I had a good sense of the game. I don't think 2-5 hours would be enough to make a sound judgment either way. Maybe though that is what EA wants? Give you a taste but not enough to turn you off???
    This is a different animal than Season Ticket. There is a lot more to it, and it's not just EA Sports. It's similiar, but they want to it be different.
    The dude abides.