Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 College Football Discussion Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Before anyone gets butthurt about the SEC, most of them still have to play each other.

Using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Before anyone gets butthurt about the SEC, most of them still have to play each other.

And most of them would whip any teams outside the SEC

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    And most of them would whip any teams outside the SEC
    There is little to no proof that is true. And, historically speaking (particularly recent history), there's been more proof that "Team A is absolutely better than Team B" seems to be false more often than not.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    There is little to no proof that is true. And, historically speaking (particularly recent history), there's been more proof that "Team A is absolutely better than Team B" seems to be false more often than not.
    Tell us about Ohio state's history Versus the sec in bowl games. Not going to argue with you on it. Probably more common sense in thinking the NFL is fixed than there is a college football conference better than the sec.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    Tell us about Ohio state's history Versus the sec in bowl games. Not going to argue with you on it. Probably more common sense in thinking the NFL is fixed than there is a college football conference better than the sec.
    Did I say a thing about Ohio State? Or that the SEC wasn't the best conference? No. But anytime a team, or group of teams, is considered so elite that it would "clearly" win a given game ... well, it seems like those teams often get knocked down a peg or two. And yes, 2006 Ohio State/Michigan is part of that discussions because we were "clearly" the best team in the nation, maybe even #1 and #2. Look how that turned out.

But if you think I'm twisting this into some kind of argument for non-SEC superiority, you've got it twisted.

The newest college football playoff rankings.

#1 Mississippi State (8-0)
    #2 Florida State (8-0)
    #3 Auburn (7-1)
    #4 Oregon (8-1)
    #5 Alabama (7-1)
    #6 TCU (7-1)
    #7 Kansas State (7-1)
    #8 Michigan State (7-1)
    #9 Arizona State (7-1)
    #10 Notre Dame (7-1)
    #11 Ole Miss (7-2)
    #12 Baylor (7-1)
    #13 Nebraska (8-1)
    #14 Ohio State (7-1)
    #15 Oklahoma (6-2)
    #16 LSU (7-2)
    #17 Utah (6-2)
    #18 UCLA (7-2)
    #19 Arizona (6-2)
    #20 Georgia (6-2)
    #21 Clemson (6-2)
    #22 Duke (7-1)
    #23 West Virginia (6-3)
    #24 Georgia Tech (7-2)
    #25 Wisconsin (6-2)
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 11-04-2014 at 06:44 PM.

Give Marshall some love!

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Give Marshall some love!

Marshall is gonna get a lot of love this weekend as they're going to fuck the shit out of Southern Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Marshall is gonna get a lot of love this weekend as they're going to fuck the shit out of Southern Miss.
    Make sure to buy LOTS of lube and remember, the phrase is "thank you sir, may I have another"

After having a player decommit today via Twitter, Michigan now has just 8 recruits committed for the 2015 season.

They are dropping like flies. Hoke needs to be fired quickly. MICHIGAN has been weak for too long.

The newest college football playoff rankings.

#1 Mississippi State (9-0) LW: 1
    #2 Oregon (9-1) LW: 4
    #3 Florida State (9-0) LW: 2
    #4 TCU (8-1) LW: 6
    #5 Alabama (8-1) LW: 5
    #6 Arizona State (8-1) LW: 9
    #7 Baylor (8-1) LW: 12
    #8 Ohio State (8-1) LW: 14
    #9 Auburn (7-2) LW: 3
    #10 Ole Miss (8-2) LW: 11
    #11 UCLA (8-2) LW: 18
    #12 Michigan State (7-2) LW: 8
    #13 Kansas State (7-2) LW: 7
    #14 Arizona (7-2) LW: 19
    #15 Georgia (7-2) LW: 20
    #16 Nebraska (8-1) LW: 13
    #17 LSU (7-3) LW: 16
    #18 Notre Dame (7-2) LW: 10
    #19 Clemson (7-2) LW: 21
    #20 Wisconsin (7-2) LW: 25
    #21 Duke (8-1) LW: 22
    #22 Georgia Tech (8-2) LW: 24
    #23 Utah (6-3) LW: 17
    #24 Texas A&M (7-3) LW: NR
    #25 Minnesota (7-2) LW: NR

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm too lazy to use my laptop.

Good to see TCU jump Bama. Also, feel free to thank Baylor for kicking the crap out of my Sooners as that had to play a part in it.

How does FSU keep moving down?

Sure they..almost lose games and they aren't pretty but isn't winning the ultimate goal regardless? They haven't lost since the 2012-2013 season.

If we are counting ugly, almost losses then TCU doesn't deserve to jump up IMO.

These teams have 1 loss already except Mississippi State. So FSU could conceivably go undefeated and still be the 3rd or 4th...hell maybe not even make it in? lol

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    How does FSU keep moving down?

Sure they..almost lose games and they aren't pretty but isn't winning the ultimate goal regardless? They haven't lost since the 2012-2013 season.
    The committee is clearly putting a lot of weight into the "eyeball test", and Florida State's performances haven't exactly inspired "yes, they're a dominant undefeated team" type analysis. Their games have been more like "aren't they ever going to lose?"

In a lot of ways their season feels like Ohio State's 2002 season, where people thought that we weren't even the best team in our conference.

Man that's when football gets way too technical

I understand you can't put weight completely into being undefeated as a team from the SWAC could be undefeated but what more can they do other than win? Almost win and blowout are still the same in the win-loss column. And almost only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes....and apparently college football committee decisions.

Score 87 points against an inferior team? or simply just win the games against people in front of them?

That's why I like the NFL...fixed and all lol

Man that's when football gets way too technical

I understand you can't put weight completely into being undefeated as a team from the SWAC could be undefeated but what more can they do other than win? Almost win and blowout are still the same in the win-loss column. And almost only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes....and apparently college football committee decisions.

Score 87 points against an inferior team? or simply just win the games against people in front of them?

That's why I like the NFL...fixed and all lol
    It's easier to get 12 teams out of 32 for an NFL playoff than get 4 teams out of 127 (give or take) with obvious differences in conference strength.

Yeah but majority of those teams realistically don't have a chance to get into the 4 anyway so can't say that many

Let's say half of that number which still is a lot and still probably not completely accurate if you say Pac 10, Big 12, Big 10, ACC, SEC and maybe American conference I guess as the major benefactors being included...oh and Notre Dame. Don't know if that's 62-64 teams since I don't want to count or follow college football that heavily.

Just crazy when you count people's opinions for placement and not record solely when getting a spot or not getting one.

2014-2015 College Football Discussion Thread

The playoffs should be 16.

Every conference champ gets in automatically to give little guys a chance and wild cards to fill out the rest. You'll still need a committee, the regular season still matters (because winning conference is automatic), and you'll still need a good resume when compared to teams with similar records.
    Last edited by souljahbill; 11-13-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Just crazy when you count people's opinions for placement and not record solely when getting a spot or not getting one.
    That's not crazy, that's how it should be. That's the entire point of having a committee that assesses every team, not just mindless computers that are only allowed to factor in wins and losses.

Florida State is undefeated, but they haven't played at a level that makes them obviously one of the top 2 teams in the country. Guess what! They're still in, right now. And I'm pretty confident that if they continue to go undefeated, they'll continue to be in.

Unlike, say, Marshall, who can go undefeated but doesn't have a likely chance, even if they blew out Southern Miss by practically the same score Alabama did.