Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 MLB the Show RTTS

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Good job, buddy! Keep it rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Come on Drillers!
    It's funny because after spending the entire season with San Antonio I really wanted to be there for the Texas League Championship series. It's great playing for the PCL championship but I don't know my teammates, I don't know the opposition pitchers, etc. Until today I didn't even know Nashville had a PCL team! I also really would love another shot at Tulsa as a few of their pitchers had me flustered.

But alas, it is what it is. I am going to do everything in my power to win the PCL Championship and cheer on the San Antonio Missions. IMO the Missions are the far better team and should win the series. As for Nashville, I know nothing about them so we will see how it goes.

Welcome to game 1 of the PCL Championship series

Game 1: El Paso @ Nashville (LHP Cory Luebke 1-0, 2.25 era vs. RHP Andres Bautista (0-0, 1.42 era)

It's a beautiful night in Nashville as the PCL championship series kicks off. With a deep, deep park (345 at the corners and 420 out to centre the long ball may be limited in the two games in Nashville. Andres Bautista is chucking for the Sounds and his numbers are beastly good. The Chihuahuas need to get on him early.

Inning 1: two on and 1 out. Jaymo has a base hit to load the bases. A wild pitch on the next batter brings a runner home for the lead (1-0) and Jaymo gets to second base. El Paso then gets a 2-0 lead on a solid single from Tommy Medica. Jaymo gets to third still with 1 out. Steve Gomez strikes out... two gone. Brian Chang hits a double and drives Jaymo and Medica home to make it 4-0 El Paso. The Sounds get to back in the bottom of the inning to make it 4-2 El Paso.

Inning 3: with one on and one out, Jaymo flies out. It was a great hit but sadly went right to the outfielder.

Inning 5: the score remains 4-2 as Jaymo leads off the inning. Bautista has really settled down. Jaymo pops up and the inning goes nowhere.

Inning 7: the score is still 4-2. Jaymo takes the plate with two on and one out. RHP Jose De La Torre has taken the mound. Jaymo smashes a line drive for a single and drives in a run to make the score 5-2 El Paso. Medica is walked and jaymo moves to 2nd base. Gomez pops out for the 2nd out. Brian Chang hits a double and drives Jaymo in from 2nd. That makes the score 6-2. The hits and runs keep coming. EL Paso scored six runs this inning to make the score 10-2.

Inning 8: Jaymo now faces lefty Wei Chung Wang. With two on and one out, Jaymo gets terrible umping... and is called on strikes, which even the announcers questioned.

Closer Joe Miller comes in to shut the door. The final score, El Paso 10 Nashville 2.

El Paso takes a 1-0 series lead with game two going tomorrow night.

Jaymo ends with 2 hits, 2 runs and 1 RBI. Luebke had a strong game going 8 full innings, and having 8 strike outs. Brian Chang was player of the game, going 3/4 with 4 RBI and scoring a run.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-02-2014 at 07:47 PM.

This one is just for you Smooth.

San Antonio 2 Tulsa 1.

It was another big defensive struggle. 2nd baseman Almanza drove in two runs in the first inning and that was enough for the win. Cordova went six strong innings for the win and Brown came in for his 2nd save of the post season.

San Antonio leads the series 2-0. Game three goes tomorrow in Tulsa.

On your way to a PCL title!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    On your way to a PCL title!
    One game at a time my friend. We had a monster game versus Sacramento in game one and that went five games. That being said I totally want to get the win. On a personal note the first ever PCL game I saw live (and my first ever live baseball game) was the Vancouver Canadians versus the Calgary Cannons. Getting the PCL championship would be special as Vancouver only has single A ball now and the PCL is ancient, ancient history around these parts.

Game 2: El Paso @ Nashville (RHP Josh Johnson, 0-0 7.20era vs. RHP Hiram Burgos, 0-0 3.00era)

*El Paso leads the best of five, one game to zero.

Josh Johnson looks to redeem himself after a rough outing in Sacramento. If the Chihuahuas win this they will be in the drivers seat as the series switches to El Paso next game.

Inning 1: First pitch of the game and Will Venable jacks one out of the park for a 1-0 lead for El Paso. When Jaymo takes the plate there are 2 out and nobody on. Jaymo grounds out after a mediocre at bat.

Inning 3: Eric Rodriguez starts the inning with a homer to make the score 2-0 El Paso. Jaymo makes solid contact but lines out to centre-field. The Sounds score one in the bottom of the inning to make it 2-1 El Paso.

Inning 6: Jaymo gets on base with an unforced error (E6). Jaymo gets to 2nd base on a walk to Medica. RHP Jeremy Jeffress comes into the game after nearly 100 pitches through six innings. The inning comes to an end as the next two batters pop out. It's still 2-1 El Paso.

Inning 8: the score is still 2-1 El Paso. Jaymo takes the plate with one out and nobody on. And again a big pop out and no hit to show for it...

The Sounds have a big 9th inning and with two outs score two runs to win the game 3-2. El Paso cannot believe they lost this game... they are shocked!!! Livingston was asked to save the game and instead loses it.

Jaymo played a horrendous game at the plate going 0-4. This type of effort will get you send back down to AA.

The series is tied 1-1.

AA update...

San Antonio cannot close out the series as they lose a close one to Tulsa, 3-2. That makes the series 2-1 for San Antonio. Game 4 goes tomorrow.

September 12th, as we wait for game three of the AAA series, AA battled it out in Tulsa. The final score.... 9-3.

CONGRATULATIONS... SAN ANTONIO MISSIONS... back-to-back Texas League Champs!!!

Too bad you weren't there to win the title with the Missions. Hopefully, you are there for the PCL title though.

Game 3: Nashville @ El Paso (RP Ken Fong 1-0 2.25era vs. RHP Casey Kelly, 0-0, 2.45era)

* series tied 1-1

The series switches to El Paso for, if necessary, the last three games. Jaymo was in a bad hitting funk last game. Let's hope he is out of it today.

Inning 1: with two out Jaymo hits a single. One batter later Medica has a double to drive in a runner. El Paso goes up 1-0 with Jaymo on 3rd. However, Gomez strikes out to end the inning.

Inning 3: it's now 4-2 Nashvile. Jaymo grounds out with another bad at bat.

Inning 4: one out bases loaded... Jaymo pops up into an infield fly out... damn!!! The inning is over. jaymo blew it and he knows it.

Inning 6: Jaymo goes up with two on and hits a sac fly to score the runner from third. Not hit but an RBI and that makes it 4-3 Nashville

Inning 9: Nashville has a big inning to make it 7-4. Jaymo takes the plate with one out and nobody on. Jaymo breaks the bat and is out at first.

The final score is Nashville 7 El Paso 4. The series is now 2-1 for Nashville.

Jaymo played a weak game. maybe they brought him to AAA too soon? That is two straight games of poor hitting and poor at-bat decisions.

Game 4: Nashville @ El Paso (Andres bautista, 0-1, 3.97era vs. LHP Cory Luebke, 2-0, 2.25era)

*Nashville leads the series 2-1

Nashville can win it all tonight. Will the Chihuahuas step up? Will Jaymo recover from two disastrous outings? Jaymo has been moved out of clean-up and into the 3rd spot. It's a good decision as he has not delivered in the clutch the last few games.

If batting practise is an indicator of success, Jaymo will not be in for a good game...

Inning 1: no hit as Jaymo gets on with a fielders choice. The inning ends quickly after that. No score after 1 inning.

Inning 3: at 8 pitch at bat ends with a double play. Jaymo is costing his team at this point. He needs to step up!

Inning 4: the socre is now 1-1. Jaymo takes a bat with men on the corners and only one out. Now is the time to shine. Jaymo shines in all the wrong ways with a five pitch strike out. He does the walk of shame to the bench. No runs score that inning.

Inning 7: Jaymo starts the inning with a 1 pitch deep pop fly. This is horrendous play by Jaymo. Maybe he needs to be benched?

Inning 9: the score remains 1-1. There is one man on first and two out. Jaymo finally delivers a hit and with a single gets the lead runner to 2nd. Medica takes the plate and delivers a walk-off single. The runner score from 2nd and the Chihuahuas win 2-1!!!

Holy cow! The series is tied 2-2 with one game left.

The last game of the series goes tomorrow night @7:05pm. That one s for all the marbles.

Do it, Chihuahuas!

Tuned in! I was watching Steeler's game on his channel, but no way can I miss the final game for the PCL championship.

I played like crap for the first few innings of my game because I was watching jaymo on my laptop.

We did it... (no thanks to jaymo).

El Paso is the 2014 PCL champion with a 2-1 victory in 11 innings over the Nashville Sounds.

In the one off for the AAA crown the Chihuahuas traveled to Durham to take on the Bulls... and again... El Paso wins.

El Paso wins the PCL and the AAA championship!!! That goes along with San Antonio Missions AA crown. The only downside was the Padres came in dead last in their division.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4809114

twitch stream of both games
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-03-2014 at 03:46 AM.

Congrats man! I actually missed the PCL game, but I caught the game against Durham. Hell of a season!

Update: Jaymo had the most hits of anyone in the AAA playoffs. Nice!

Update two: Jaymo signed a 1 year $82,500 contract with the Padres to be the starting 3rd baseman. The Padres offered $80,00 and Jaymo asked for $96. Jaymo took $82,500 as a compromise. The padres then turn around and sign Andres Perez to the AAA El Paso squad. He is tentatively labeled as the starter. Jaymo has been invited to spring training. Currently Jaymo is on the 40 man roster and listed as 2nd backup at 3rd for the Padres.

March 3rd, 2015...

Jaymo plays his first ever MLB spring training game... well sort of. It was a pinch hit opportunity versus pitcher Santiago Casilla. Jaymo hits a single and gets on base. What a moment for the now 19 year old from Canada.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4809131
    Last edited by jaymo76; 08-03-2014 at 03:48 AM.

Spring training pinch hitting:

double versus Arizona

pop fly out versus Texas

strike out versus Colorado

strike out versus Kansas City (bases loaded)

strike out versus Colorado

double play ground-out versus Cleveland

I was not once allowed to play a full game in spring training. But I did do a lot of drills.

Final tally for spring training

7 AB
    .286 avg.
    .286 obp
    2 hits
    .429 slg%

Wow!!! Here is a shocker. At the end of spring training the decision was made to demote 3B Chris Nelson to El Paso. That means that Jaymo moves into the role of MLB BENCH. Wow! Jaymo is now on the big team (and the 40 man roster). Will Venable is the only other player to make it onto the big squad from AAA El Paso.