Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaymo76 MLB the Show RTTS

• Facebook
  • Display
    Wow!!!

Approaching the 70 game mark, Jaymo is performing well above expectations. If he can hold this pace perhaps he will get a shot at AAA El Paso next season???

I also included the links to two shortened twitch videos (player creation and the draft). I should have done these in the first couple of posts but I just didn't have the time. If you have followed the posts there is not much to see with them. I am going to do this with stats et. al in the near future to show off some of the stuff I haven't spoken of yet (tba).

The player becomes reality (creation)

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4751014

Round seven of the draft.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4750901

Cool, jaymo.

I've been trying to decide if I would un-lazy myself enough to include some sort of media in my season wrap-up. I'm down to 18 games remaining in my Astros season.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Cool, jaymo.

I've been trying to decide if I would un-lazy myself enough to include some sort of media in my season wrap-up. I'm down to 18 games remaining in my Astros season.
    I think it would be a great way to sum things up. I may actually turn the mic on and discuss the situation. FYI I started my Blue Jays franchise last night. I played a few games in spring training and am about to start the season. I still don't know how you did it playing all of those games, even with quick counts. I haven't decided yet if I am going to do a Blue Jays post as I don't know how much time I will put into that mode.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I think it would be a great way to sum things up. I may actually turn the mic on and discuss the situation. FYI I started my Blue Jays franchise last night. I played a few games in spring training and am about to start the season. I still don't know how you did it playing all of those games, even with quick counts. I haven't decided yet if I am going to do a Blue Jays post as I don't know how much time I will put into that mode.
    Lol. Typically, when determined, I will finish what I start.

Game 67 of Jaymo's career with AA San Antonio Missions and as Jaymo is having an excellent fielding game... he pulls his MCL. Technically it's an MCL sprain so it could be much worse. He is placed on the 15 day disabled list. The injury is expected to have him out 2-3 weeks.

The injury occured with Jaymo on a hot streak for hitting. The Mission currently sitting at 10-4 in the 2nd half are leading the TL South standings. They will really miss Jaymo's bat as backup ## Dan Chavez is not living up to expectations.

With the injury now is a great time to check out current stats for Jaymo.

67 games
    289 AB
    8 HR
    41 RBI
    .304 avg
    .301 OBP
    .460 SLG%
    66 strike outs
    .291 vs RHP
    .400 vs LHP
    .297 home
    .311 away
    .876 fielding
    11 errors

Best batting versus: Arkansas Travelers .647 (4 games, 11 hits, 17 AB, 1HR, 3RBI)
    Worst batting versus: Arkansas Naturals .130 5 games, 3 hits, 23 AB, 1HR, 3RBI)

Jaymo across the Texas League (AA):

#6 batting average (.304)
    #9 hits (88)
    #17 at bats (289)
    #2 doubles (19) Upshaw has 24
    #5 homeruns (8) Getz has 14
    #10 RBI (41)
    #4 slugging % (.460)

That was a long injury. Jaymo ended up missing a total of 19 games. Those are valuable training points he will not get back. His first game back versus the Corpus Cristi Hooks was a hit fest. However, Jaymo struggled badly going 1 for 6. He actually had the least amount of hits of anyone for the Missions who batted. Regardless, the Missions won 11-5 and as a result have a 3 game lead on 2nd place Midland RockHounds.

Dan Chavez has been on a hot streak in Jaymo's absence... Jaymo needs to respond to keep his job secure.

Jaymo's 2nd game back has him facing his nemesis, Frisco pitcher Ty Baker. The at bats are poor as per usual and Jaymo goes 1/5 for the game. The competition, aka Dan Chavez, playing 2nd base today cranks the game winning homerun. Jaymo only has 25 games left this season to impress everyone. Good luck Jaymo!

Jaymo continues to obliterate Arkansas Travelers pitchers. In a recent trip to Arkansas in Jaymo's first two games he has six hits in nine at bats (including one homerun) and five RBI. Plus a first, Jaymo was intentionally walked with two men on and one man out. The commentators specifically mentioned Jaymo was too hot to pitch too. Always flattering to see that level of respect. The Missions continue to be on fire as they have a four game lead in their division.

Go Missions go!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Jaymo continues to obliterate Arkansas Travelers pitchers.
    You haven't faced this guy though!

The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You haven't faced this guy though!

Rumour had it that Bennett was removed from the starting rotation for this series. The team said "personal issues" but TMZ reported earlier that Jaymo strikes such fear into the Travelers management that they didn't want to risk the long-term mental health and well-being of Jeremy Bennett. lol

Too bad you can't do crossover, my pitcher against your bats.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

Too bad you can't do crossover, my pitcher against your bats.
    RTTS online would be a unique experience but probably a nightmare to programme. But it would be great to import your RTTS player into an online roster for single game play.

Game 74 for Jaymo and completion of the series versus the Travelers. The bad news is the Missions were destroyed 11-3. However, the good news is that Jaymo recored his 99th and then 100th hit of his career/season.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-30-2014 at 01:24 AM.

What is the deal with the NW Arkansas Naturals??? Jaymo continues to struggle against them.

Bat 1: strike out
    Bat 2: fly out
    Bat 3: single
    Bat 4: pop out
    Bat 5: ground out

At bats 2,4 and 5 had runners in scoring position. The rest of the team combined for 15 hits (Chavez had three hits and two RBI). Lucky for Jaymo it didn't cost the team. Jaymo's batting % against the Naturals now sits at an embarrassing .143 with only 4 hits in 28 at bats.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-30-2014 at 01:35 AM.

Tommy Tan, LP for the Naturals does Jaymo a big favour... he pitches! Jaymo gets two hits in two at bats including one for an RBI. After being relieved by Duncan Park Jaymo still has some good luck as he gets on base from an infield error. Jaymo then gets into scoring position and is brought home two hitters later. The last at bat is a pop out but regardless this is the most success Jaymo has had versus the Naturals. The Missions win 5-2.

Monster game for Jaymo as the Missions return home to take on the Travelers. Missions win 6-3. Jaymo was player of the game as he was involved in all the runs for the Missions.

4 at bats
    2 hits (single, double)
    1 homerun
    5 RBI
    2 runs

With 20 games remaining in the season, Jaymo is looking decent for his first year.

77 games played
    .312 batting avg.
    10 HR
    52 RBI
    .311 OBP
    .472 SLG%
    .862 fielding

The only real blemish is the 72 strike outs!

The Missions sit at 30-15 for the 2nd half, 6 games in front of Midland.

http://www.twitch.tv/jaymo76/c/4786957
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-31-2014 at 01:48 AM.

2nd half of the season, game 51 Jaymo gets a milestone. He gets his 25th double of the season. Currently he leads the Texas league (AA) in doubles.

What a streak! Jaymo had a hit streak of 18 games which finally came to an end against some pretty high end pitching from the Corpus Cristi Hooks. With 9 games left the Missions have an 8 game lead over Rockland. What else can Jaymo accomplish in his first season?