Jaymo76 MLB the Show RTTS

Prospect: Jaymo
    Born: Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Primary position: 3B
    Secondary position 1B
    Preferred number: 5

Throw: left
    Bat: right

18 year old Canadian sensation Jaymo took his game to the prospects game and it didn't go well. The International squad was routed in all three games and Jaymo was awful committing 5 errors and only having three hits and 1 rbi.

Jaymo was expected to be drafted in the 3rd round but fell all the way to the 7th round where he was chosen the 12th pick by the San Diego Padres organization. It was a difficult pill to swallow but the honour of being drafted forced Jaymo to sign with the Padres. Jaymo was then immediately assigned to AA San Antonio Missions to begin his ball career.

The Padres are a great starting organization as they lack depth at third base. With time Jaymo could achieve greatness. However, he needs to work on hitting and fielding in a major way. Good luck Jaymo!

naIYNQD.jpg
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-28-2014 at 10:07 PM.

April 3, 2014: Jaymo gets his first career start playing 3B in game one of the season. The Missions go on the road to Springfield to take on the Cardinals. Jaymo is batting 8th...

In the 2nd Jaymo grounds out on his first at bat.
    In the 5th Jaymo strikes out...
    In the 7th Jaymo grounds out

Jaymo had no opportunities to field the ball. At the end of the game the manager blasted jaymo on the bench. Springfield destroys the Missions 7-1. The crowd of 6,180 loved the game... maybe jaymo should have went back to school???

Looking forward to seeing this develop. That was a ballsy move to sign after being taken in the 7th round.

In my RTTS, I was taken in the 5th Round by the Twins so I went the 4-year University route, re-entered the draft at age 22 and was taken 1-13 by the Giants.

I applaud you for going pro under the circumstances that you did.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Looking forward to seeing this develop. That was a ballsy move to sign after being taken in the 7th round.

In my RTTS, I was taken in the 5th Round by the Twins so I went the 4-year University route, re-entered the draft at age 22 and was taken 1-13 by the Giants.

I applaud you for going pro under the circumstances that you did.
    I figure it's the only way I will learn... just play as much as I can. I'm a 53 ovr and a D prospect... It's ugly but I will learn.

The next day in the 2nd inning, Jaymo gets his first hit, a single. Inning three he gets another single. Jaymo ended going 2 for 5. The Missions win their first of the year, 8-6.

A left handed 3rd baseman? This is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    A left handed 3rd baseman? This is interesting
    Yeah that was the position I played many, many years ago. My first ever t-ball and then baseball coach put me there because (his words: "that's the only spot we can hide you."). lol I played five years and I honestly don't recall making more than 10 plays on the corner...

After some horrendous bball by Jaymo a trip to the Midland RockHounds has been fruitful. Jaymo had his best game of this young season recording three hits at bat, including two doubles in game three of the series. Game four I had a great day fielding but no hits. Two steps forward one step back...

This game is like a psychologically abusive girlfriend... it amazing and drives you crazy all at the same time. Jaymo on a real high followed up with a massive slump of three straight games without a hit and then two straight games riding the bench. Finally a hit... and then get picked off going for 2nd base...

The end of the first month and it has been a LONG month for Jaymo. Due to poor play the backup #B Dan Chavez is getting more playing time.

Stats:

Games: 19
    AB: 79
    H: 17
    RBI: 3
    Avg: .215
    * home: .179 *away .250
    OBP: .215
    SLG: .253

FLD: .714

BELOW EXPECTATIONS!!! (55 ovr adjusted 50 ovr) Potential D

The month has also been bad for the Missions as they sit at 13-13. However, they are only one game back of the leading RoughRiders.

Game two versus Corpus Cristi... Jaymo crushes a ball right into the pitcher (McNamara) and nearly takes his head off. The pitcher had to leave the game. Didn't help though as Jaymo continues to show he is way out of his league.

finally a breakout game for Jaymo. In the 4th inning the Missions put up 9 runs on the Corpus Cristi Hooks. Jaymo bats twice in the 4th and records to hits and a couple of rbi. The Missions ended up winning 11-0 and recorded 18 hits.

Jaymo:

AB: 5
    Hits: 4 (2 doubles)
    Runs: 1
    RBI: 4

The only blemishes were a fielding error and being caught trying to steal 3rd. What a game! ... finally!!!

Take it easy on those Astro pitchers!

Take it easy on those Astro pitchers!

If it makes you feel better, I went 0/4 next game, including two strike outs. CC gets their revenge!

Note: I used your sldiers last night (with some subtle changes to hitting/fielding).

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I went 0/4 next game, including two strike outs. CC gets their revenge!

Note: I used your sldiers last night (with some subtle changes to hitting/fielding).

Finally the big moment. On a trip to Midland versus the RockHounds, Jaymo hits his first ever professional homerun. A huge blast to left field and two RBI on the dinger. Jaymo's hit streak moves to three games and the Padres organization believe he is performing to expectation. However, backup 3rd baseman Dan Chavez is hitting the ball well and playing more and more games. Jaymo needs to keep this hit streak going.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-24-2014 at 01:52 AM.

Congrats, buddy!

Congrats, buddy!
    Question, my hitting at home is dreadful yet on the road it's pretty decent. At home I think I am only hitting .180 but on the road I am something like .311. Two other people who I follow have reported similar issues. What's the deal? Has anyone else had more difficulty at home versus on the road?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Question, my hitting at home is dreadful yet on the road it's pretty decent. At home I think I am only hitting .180 but on the road I am something like .311. Two other people who I follow have reported similar issues. What's the deal? Has anyone else had more difficulty at home versus on the road?
    In my RTTS, I'm a closer so I have only had 2 at-bats in 2+ seasons. You may want to check OS.

Damn you Ty Baker!!! 2ko's and a ground out. However, in the 9th with 2 men on and 2 out, Jaymo hits a single against closer Rowen. The hit drives in the game tying run. That makes the hit streak six games. The Missions go on to lose the game in 13 innings and their struggles with the RoughRiders continue.