Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 15 - Player Ratings

• Facebook
  • Display
    Maybe the better list would be to show players NOT in the 80's and 90's. Seriously the ratings in Madden have always been out of whack. Had a great conversation with Steeler a few nights back on party chat and we looked at The Show rosters. High 90's players are almost non-existent. Several teams have starters in the 60's. Looking at the 90 man rosters ratings swung between Cabrerra at 99 to some A league scrub at 39ovr. Look at Madden... almost every position has 99's. Brady Quinn... a 72.... ???... ??? .... Seriously? Maybe on a good day a 52! Sometimes I think that EA and the NFLPA have a deal that ratings cannot be low. Until the developers stretch the ratings all players will play the same.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-30-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Maybe the better lis would show players NOT in the 89's and 90's. Seriously the ratings in Madden have always been out of whack. Had a great conversation with Steeler a few nights back on party chat and we looked at The Show rosters. High 90's players are almost non-existent. Several teams have starters in the 60's. Looking at the 90 man rosters ratings swung between Cabrerra at 99 to some A league scrub at 39ovr. Look at Madden... almost every position has 99's. Brady Quinn... a 72.... ???... ??? .... Seriously? Maybe on a good day a 52! Sometimes I think that EA and the NFLPA have a deal that ratings cannot be low. Until the developers stretch the ratings all players will play the same.
    Yep there are very few players above 90 OVR in The Show and their ratings actually matter. Of course, we all know there is only ONE rating that matters in Madden SPD.

Not sure but don't know Sherman's man coverage is so high
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 07-30-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Brady Quinn at 72 is too high. To be a 60 you have to be truly horrible apparently. A small range is fine IF one point really matters but it doesn't. It's very political.

Amen fellas. Playing MLB The Show, even players in the 50s and 60s can still be used and useful. The highest rated starting pitcher in my Rockies franchise is 79 overall.

You get into Madden or whatnot, the player has to be 85+ to be worth a damn. Anyone under 70 is worthless.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Jairus Byrd - Overall 96
    Earl Thomas - Overall 95
    Devin McCourty - Overall 94
    Eric Weddle - Overall 94
    Charles Woodson - Overall 86

August 1: Top Five Madden NFL 15 SS Ratings

Player, Team OVR
    1. Kam Chancellor, SEA 93
    2. Troy Polamalu, PIT 93
    3. TJ Ward, DEN 91
    4. Eric Berry, KC 90
    5. Reshad Jones, MIA 89

Reshad Jones is too high after last year although he wasn't used right. He doesn't cover well. He's much better free lancing and playing in the box. Ask him to cover a TE downfield and he's mediocre.

Is Polamolu any good anymore? He's slower, injury prone and I don't view him as a difference maker anymore. That 93 is reputation based. I'm sure the Steelers fans can provide more info.

Top Five Madden NFL 15 K/P Ratings

Player, Team OVR
    1. Brandon Fields, MIA 96
    2. Matt Prater, DEN 95
    3. Andy Lee, SF 95
    4. Robbie Gould, CHI 93
    5. Justin Tucker, BAL 93

Fields is great although I have no love for punters.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    Top Five Madden NFL 15 K/P Ratings

Player, Team OVR
    1. Brandon Fields, MIA 96
    2. Matt Prater, DEN 95
    3. Andy Lee, SF 95
    4. Robbie Gould, CHI 93
    5. Justin Tucker, BAL 93
    The only stat that really matters for kickers who are HUMAN CONTROLLED is POWER. In Madden 13 I needed a punter who was cheap. I picked up some scrub who was 52ovr but had kick power in the low 90's. The guy was a machine and could easily convert from 55. The ovr seems to make no difference for human players but it may for the cpu? Special teams so desperately needs an overhaul in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    The only stat that really matters for kickers who are HUMAN CONTROLLED is POWER. In Madden 13 I needed a punter who was cheap. I picked up some scrub who was 52ovr but had kick power in the low 90's. The guy was a machine and could easily convert from 55. The ovr seems to make no difference for human players but it may for the cpu? Special teams so desperately needs an overhaul in this game.

Yep the only ratings that matter in Madden: (1) SPD - for the skill positions; (2) KPW for the kickers/punters

In some past versions accuracy mattered in how much you could be off the mark on the accuracy bar.

I recall Nate Kaeding could essentially miss it but be on point regardless with his 93+ accuracy.

Back then though everyone bitched about the difficulty of the bar and kicks being too hard so they patched it out.

Go figure can't win for losing

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    In some past versions accuracy mattered in how much you could be off the mark on the accuracy bar.

I recall Nate Kaeding could essentially miss it but be on point regardless with his 93+ accuracy.

Back then though everyone bitched about the difficulty of the bar and kicks being too hard so they patched it out.

Go figure can't win for losing
    It's been quite a few years in Madden since you missed kicks. They are bragging about making distance matter more. That's absurd. It's accuracy that matters more. Almost no kicker in the NFL will kiss a kick under 50 yards due to being short. Just make the sliders work damn it! At 0 it's still way too easy! Garbage! But since EA only seems to care about the online crowd they haven't given the sliders proper attention in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    It's been quite a few years in Madden since you missed kicks. They are bragging about making distance matter more. That's absurd. It's accuracy that matters more. Almost no kicker in the NFL will kiss a kick under 50 yards due to being short. Just make the sliders work damn it! At 0 it's still way too easy! Garbage! But since EA only seems to care about the online crowd they haven't given the sliders proper attention in years.
    You pretty much nailed it. One of a handful of reasons that I don't care for Madden.

The kicking bar was on last gen, Madden 10 or so I believe.

Extra points were difficult then because if your kicker sucked you could shank them completely missing it.

Didn't last long because of the uproar, patched it out.

I actually missed some kicks that version during my online league seasons. I had the Chargers those years.

Not sure how much difficult kicking can be made honestly when you have users doing the kicking. Basically implement a bunch of stuff that is out of your control. Have kickers slipping, bobbling snaps, etc. A bunch of stuff that will be random and piss a lot of people off.

Have the meter dissappear?

Don't matter the rating if the person controlling the timing is good at it.

Could have an ice the kicker feature again like it was in the past and in the NCAA game but that doesn't even have real good odds in real life of it working...plus not sure it was even cared for in NCAA and it can be easily defeated anyway by zooming up/out.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 08-02-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    The kicking bar was on last gen, Madden 10 or so I believe.

Extra points were difficult then because if your kicker sucked you could shank them completely missing it.

Didn't last long because of the uproar, patched it out.

I actually missed some kicks that version during my online league seasons. I had the Chargers those years.

Not sure how much difficult kicking can be made honestly when you have users doing the kicking. Basically implement a bunch of stuff that is out of your control. Have kickers slipping, bobbling snaps, etc. A bunch of stuff that will be random and piss a lot of people off.

Have the meter dissappear?

Don't matter the rating if the person controlling the timing is good at it.

Could have an ice the kicker feature again like it was in the past and in the NCAA game but that doesn't even have real good odds in real life of it working...plus not sure it was even cared for in NCAA and it can be easily defeated anyway by zooming up/out.
    Personally I liked the 2k bar. The location would be moving and it was all about timing. It was actually very challenging. I played the most out of the 2k3 version and on a regular basis I would miss long kicks because of timing.

I disagree Skip. It's easy to finetune the user kicking game. The amount the upswing on the r-stick has to impact the accuracy more. The last few years you couldn't miss an XP if you tried. I believe NCAA 12 had a sensitive r-stick and at 30 kick accuracy it was challenging. Plus I read one game changer say they spent an hour with a guy at EA (a few years back) nd they got great results with the kicking game and it got nerfed at release. Just shows EA wants kicks to be easy for the online crowd and don't give a shit about the offline crowd and sliders.

Their gameplay streams were all about online play and the changes they made to improve it. We have no info on franchise mode and one video still showed braindead clock management for the CPU. In every other sports game the CPU will give you a good game. The Show is great against the CPU. Basketball games are great too. Opposing great players shine. In Madden you don't even worry about Calvin Johnson much since the CPU doesn't try to throw more to their best players. It's like LeBron only taking 5 shots a game in NBA and yet we accept this crap. Annoying.

And I wish EA would stop talking about 3 year plans. Every year we get a new 3 year plan to make continuous excuses. I can still have fun with Madden but the game could be so much better.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-03-2014 at 05:38 AM.

Still relying on user timing so it won't take long for it be easy no matter how difficult you make it

It's timing based. Don't matter if you make a bar for power then accuracy still users are going to master it. The only difficult portion of it is if you experience lag.

No matter how tough they make it after the amount of games put it's all going to be easy.

Kicking has never been difficult in NCAA either IMO.

All I care for is online play and game play. I don't play lobby games, only guys in my online leagues (League daddy style) can't stand CFM either. Going against the CPU doesn't matter to me. Just the AI when playing another person. The few times I did play them in this one franchise league I was in, their run game and pass game was nearly unstoppable at times.

I do know playing the CPU in CFM on all Madden the kicking bar moved extremely fast compared to online vs a user. There was your difficulty, tough to implement that online though because of lag or slower play due to it being connection based.