Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Reason for a NCAA "Only" Fan to Buy Madden 15?

• Facebook
  • Display
    I don't need a football fix. I'm good playing NCAA '14 offline for a long time to come. I may get last year's Madden just to import draft classes and simulate a franchise but that'll be the only way a purchase a Madden game. I only watch the Saints and even then, I'm a casual follower. I'm a far bigger fan of Saturday football.

Sometimes having a different game is a nice break from the other. I'm personally sick of theShow. Playing MLB 2K13 helps me with variety.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    I don't need a football fix. I'm good playing NCAA '14 offline for a long time to come. I may get last year's Madden just to import draft classes and simulate a franchise but that'll be the only way a purchase a Madden game. I only watch the Saints and even then, I'm a casual follower. I'm a far bigger fan of Saturday football.
    It's funny because I am running my UNLV dynasty from NCAA 14 but each passing month I am finding it more difficult to play. The graphics as compared to Madden on 4 as well as the College Football Playoff have impacted my willingness to play and I suspect after Madden 15 releases I will find even less time for NCAA. Add to that my new appreciation for The Show... how much time will I put into NCAA moving forward???

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    It's funny because I am running my UNLV dynasty from NCAA 14 but each passing month I am finding it more difficult to play. The graphics as compared to Madden on 4 as well as the College Football Playoff have impacted my willingness to play and I suspect after Madden 15 releases I will find even less time for NCAA. Add to that my new appreciation for The Show... how much time will I put into NCAA moving forward???
    I haven't upgraded to the new generation yet so my eyes have yet to acclimatize to prettier things. I'm not a fan of the 4-team playoff. My preference is 16 teams (EVERY conference champ and wild cards to fill in the gaps. First round played before bowls with 1st round losers able to get into bowls). I don't care about not having the playoff. I wish there was a way to fix the logic that determines what games are GotW but that's small potatoes.

I recently started my dynasty completely over doing something that'll REALLY make the game a challenge from the beginning. As a coordinator, I let the CPU do all the recruiting. That should keep me from developing a small school into a powerhouse in 6 years.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Pretty much

I'm enjoying it though as long as Powerhouse is still going, enjoy playing with the group in it

But the game itself wasn't going to keep me, that's why I didn't have it for more than a month originally

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Google Translate just shot itself.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Siming a season shit takes for ever. You gotta do it week by week not by a full a season like you can in NCAA. Madden really needs to change that. I wanted to do that for x360 but damn it took too long for one season to get the draft classes.

Is There Any Reason for a NCAA "Only" Fan to Buy Madden 15?

I rather do it week by week anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Google Translate just shot itself.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Siming a season shit takes for ever.
    If I could sim a season full of shits, I'd save a lot of time and money.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If I could sim a season full of shits, I'd save a lot of time and money.
    In fairness he said "a season shit" so apparently ONLY ONE shit of his takes forever to sim. Hopefully, he brings lots of reading material to the WC otherwise that would be quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    In fairness he said "a season shit" so apparently ONLY ONE shit of his takes forever to sim. Hopefully, he brings lots of reading material to the WC otherwise that would be quite boring.
    That would be a War & Peace or a Bible shit there....
    The dude abides.

I'm just saying it takes forever to sim a season week by week. I would rather have the option to sim the whole season at once. Just imo

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    I'm just saying it takes forever to sim a season week by week. I would rather have the option to sim the whole season at once. Just imo
    It is a great idea and EA should jump on that and the shitting reference. Move over making a sandwich while you wait for something to install to the hard drive, hello releasing that sandwich as you simulate a season. Finally the Browns can make it to the Super Bowl, while you are simulating Madden in another room.

When you simulate, you gotta evacuate.

So.... thinking about this the only way I buy this year's Madden is if we get a small group of guys together for an Online Franchise (or whatever the hell they call it). Otherwise, its GameFly whore out the easy and back in the mail ya go.

Semi-related here I suppose - I have/had (cannot remember the last time I upped) EA Season Ticket. Is that even a thing anymore? I.e. can I download Madden 15 the weekend before on PS4 to see if I want to buy it or not?

It's not a thing on current/next gen at all... I don't think they're doing it for last gen either.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Semi-related here I suppose - I have/had (cannot remember the last time I upped) EA Season Ticket. Is that even a thing anymore? I.e. can I download Madden 15 the weekend before on PS4 to see if I want to buy it or not?
    I think it died with the new gen. Maybe it would work on PS3, but I doubt it would on PS4.

It still shows as active for me on my PS3 subscriptions I believe until the 23rd or something like that.

But no almost sure it isn't for current gen

Yeah I am pretty sure the season ticket died with last year's game release. However, you could check the EA Sports app on ps3 and see if it lists anything???