Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is There Any Reason for a NCAA "Only" Fan to Buy Madden 15?

• Facebook
  • Display

Is There Any Reason for a NCAA "Only" Fan to Buy Madden 15?

I've given this some thought recently and I just don't see any reason why your "average" NCAA fan (like myself) should buy Madden 15.

Here are (some of) my reasons:

• There seems to be ZERO focus/emphasis on improving the franchise experience which is my #1 gameplay mode
    • I only play MUT for the trophies and found it to be quite boring honestly as I had to play nothing but randoms and guys have that have teams of nothing but 99 OVRs
    • I don't have a NFL team that I "root" for
    • I think the college game is better than the NFL game due to varying styles of play
    • I enjoy recruiting over the draft
    • I enjoy the Coaching Carousel building up from an OC/DC of a small school to HC at a big school - that isn't offered at all in madden
    • I don't see many gameplay improvements (and just generally do not believe that the defense is improved of if it is they will F it up when they patch it due to complaints from the casuals that its too hard to score)
    • There are too many better games to spend my time/money with
    • There is always GameFly

Thoughts? Agree/Disagree? EA hasn't even tempted me (or even made an effort) to my knowledge to convince a NCAA "only" guy (like myself) that Madden is worth it. It just feels like EA is taking "us" for granted saying well its the only football game in town take it or leave it.

Good question to ask. In all honesty I see ZERO reason for NCAA fans to buy madden for their football fix. I would buy both games pretty much everyyear as I love football. However, hands down NCAA was the best of the best. Dynasty was so deep and you always felt connected to the league. Madden's franchise mode is fairly dull and very isolating. While I think CFM does a lot of good stuff, it is nowhere near as good as NCAA dynasty mode.

I want Madden to adopt:

OC/DC coordinators
    Coach skills
    ESPN half-time show
    coaching carousel
    formation subs

The only thing that Madden has really added from NCAA is the matchup stick 2.0. Yes it's a great feature but is it enough to justify the purchase? Personally I will be buying Madden 15 as per usual but I would not expect a lot of NCAA alma mater to do the same unless they love both leagues.

I'm passing. My interest in Madden this year is 0.0.

It should play just like or better than NCAA 14. If you like that then you will like this my opinion.

All that was mentioned is just like NCAA except with college teams (and of course the Dynasty features)

The Read Option is used by people just as much as it is in NCAA and it's just as effective. That's really only style difference I notice between the two, and the overused No Huddle I've seen in NCAA that I got wore out on against this random I tried playing online.

The past 2 versions of each offered the same amount of Defense...none lol

If this version has even the slightest upgrade it will be better than both the last NCAA and Madden.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    It should play just like or better than NCAA 14. If you like that then you will like this my opinion.

All that was mentioned is just like NCAA except with college teams (and of course the Dynasty features)

The Read Option is used by people just as much as it is in NCAA and it's just as effective. That's really only style difference I notice between the two, and the overused No Huddle I've seen in NCAA that I got wore out on against this random I tried playing online.

The past 2 versions of each offered the same amount of Defense...none lol

If this version has even the slightest upgrade it will be better than both the last NCAA and Madden.
    From a gameplay perspective I agree with you. The games have always played pretty similar. However, I think the majority of people who played NCAA did so for the dynasty and that is not replicated in Madden's CFM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    From a gameplay perspective I agree with you. The games have always played pretty similar. However, I think the majority of people who played NCAA did so for the dynasty and that is not replicated in Madden's CFM.
    oh I agree as well that's why I mentioned the Dynasty feature. That can take the game much further absolutely.

That can make the fame actually if you are willing to put up with it. However game play wise they aren't night and day. Only different teams and smaller players

I think you need to wait until late August, when football gets back in your blood and the temptation to resit becomes real. Although if you have Gamefly that seems to be a perfect rental to see if you like all the changes.

Delete

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I think you need to wait until late August, when football gets back in your blood and the temptation to resit becomes real. Although if you have Gamefly that seems to be a perfect rental to see if you like all the changes.
    That's what NCAA 14 is for.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Delete

I meant my post lol. It duplicated for some reason

I meant my post lol. It duplicated for some reason
    I know.

EA added the player lock camera, matchup stick and no huddle.

The biggest reason to buy the game is that it's the latest and greatest football game. It will also be the only next gen football game and will look better than NCAA 14. I just hope they fixed the big flaws from m25. The franchise mode isn't as fun as NCAA but it's better than it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    EA added the player lock camera, matchup stick and no huddle.
    Good points.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    No franchise mode like the PS2 days means I don't give a flying fuck about Madden. Implement something like that and then I MIGHT pay attention.

Quote Originally Posted by morsdraconis View Post
    No franchise mode like the PS2 days means I don't give a flying fuck about Madden. Implement something like that and then I MIGHT pay attention.
    Man I do miss the Tony Bruno radio show and the practice mode for the key plays the opposing team like to run for that week's game. The Madden/2k rivalry really created some great, innovative stuff on the old ps2.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Man I do miss the Tony Bruno radio show and the practice mode for the key plays the opposing team like to run for that week's game. The Madden/2k rivalry really created some great, innovative stuff on the old ps2.
    Yup and even those weren't the greatest. 2k definitely helped push Madden in a good direction at the end of the PS2's lifecycle, but then EA bought the NFL rights, 2k disappeared, and Madden has been kinda blah since then.

Was it 05 or 06 Madden thay all rp day work outs, training works outs with players and all depth ness of franchise mode. Which ever one was thay I could of played thay game for days never got old.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Was it 05 or 06 Madden thay all rp day work outs, training works outs with players and all depth ness of franchise mode. Which ever one was thay I could of played thay game for days never got old.
    Google Translate just shot itself.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1405638629867.jpg