Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Montana Football (VR) - TBA

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    One thing is for sure: without the NFL license, this game cannot live up to the hype. I really hope there is some truth to those OS rumours because I would like this game to be a reality but an announcement that does not include NFL licenses will end in colossal failure for this game.
    I agree. The license is so important here. Even if the game is awesome, great gameplay, customization, & sweet feature set, etc. no license means it sells a fraction of what it would with the NFL attached.

Re: the Microsoft tweet - some EA guys were also at Microsoft this week, so I think there was an event for some of MS' partners. I having a difficult time finding out details on the event as I don't think it was a marketed/publicized event.

Continuing the trend of releasing something on the 16th to coincide with Montana's no. Ber we get this player face. Finally a picture that looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Continuing the trend of releasing something on the 16th to coincide with Montana's no. Ber we get this player face. Finally a picture that looks good.

Great visual! I would suggest to Donny Moore that this is on par or better than Madden. Pretty good for "20th century looking graphics" hey Donny?

Graphics on game/graphic design computers I'm sure are pretty stellar

When CDJ posted this initially I thought it came from an actual real life photo. Then I noticed the game logo up top

There may be some more info soon. Not sure. I'd like to get some real info but I can wait for E3.

Last edited by Rudy; 04-20-2015 at 02:29 PM.

I'm glad it LOOKS awesome but if the gameplay is garbage isn't superior to Madden, it won't matter.

Going back to the OS rumor post - Windows 10 now has a release date of "late July."

Going back and reading that original post #37 and I wonder if a lot of it is really true. Thus could be a fun summer.

The gameplay will have to be far superior to anything Madden offers. Without any exclusive licenses it'll be an extremely tough sell unless it has near perfect visuals, gameplay, options, commentary and franchise mode capabilities.

But to be honest, being a big fan of baseball, hockey and boxing, if someone were to make the perfect game for any of those sports, without official licenses, I would still buy it. But it would have to be near perfect.

OS has lost their mind and have banned all discussion on the game until a release date and platform is revealed. The modding over there is incredibly heavy handed.

Sounds like a good idea
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    OS has lost their mind and have banned all discussion on the game until a release date and platform is revealed. The modding over there is incredibly heavy handed.
    Yeah I rarely even go over to OS anymore b/c its so.... "sterile" it hardly feels like "forums" - i always get the feeling that there are $ motives behind some of the draconian "rules" they have.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Sounds like a good idea
    Do not worry TGTers since I am likely to become unemployed/democrat in a couple of months I will have plenty of time to sue the pants off of the powers that be.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah I rarely even go over to OS anymore b/c its so.... "sterile" it hardly feels like "forums" - i always get the feeling that there are $ motives behind some of the draconian "rules" they have.

Do not worry TGTers since I am likely to become unemployed/democrat in a couple of months I will have plenty of time to sue the pants off of the powers that be.
    Yes, welcome to a world of free handouts, paid for by hard working Republicans. Enjoy your Escalade and 100-inch TV.

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Yes, welcome to a world of free handouts, paid for by hard working Republicans. Enjoy your Escalade and 100-inch TV.
    Yep paid for my Dr. CLW

I'm getting worried for some people. On social media and other forums I'm seeing people who will become physically ill should this actually turn into a released video game and *gasp* be even somewhat enjoyable.

I don't get why there are some who are basically afraid there may be another football game on the market. It is possible that both Madden & Montana could be enjoyable and fun. Is that illegal? I've gone from being indifferent on the title to rooting for it based on how some people are acting.

I don't read most opinions so I'm still indifferent.

I hope Montana is a great game and pushes Madden to improve some things but I think it's simply impossible to have your first game be that good. I remember when 2K came out and that was a nice first effort but I wasn't a big fan. It wasn't until 2k3 that it really started to get better with the pinnacle of 2k4. Competition is great but this game is doubtful to have the NFL license and that is a huge negative for sales.

The only known community member who has seen Montana 16 says info coming in less than 24 hours (basically sometime Sunday):

I'm guessing his 'like' comment means news will come via YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    The only known community member who has seen Montana 16 says info coming in less than 24 hours (basically sometime Sunday):

I'm guessing his 'like' comment means news will come via YouTube.
    Does the game have a Facebook page? It could be that too. Facebook or YouTube if the "like buttons" is literal.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Does the game have a Facebook page? It could be that too. Facebook or YouTube if the "like buttons" is literal.

#TheScriptIsDead
    I thought that as well, but couldn't find a Facebook product page plus Moody (@shutdownsafety) is a 'YouTube' guy, so I'm assuming it will be a video from him.