Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Joe Montana Football (VR) - TBA

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by OLATHExSOONER View Post
    I definitely think everything in the post COULD be true. But I refuse to believe it until it's confirmed.
    That's the best way to view it and I'm doing the same thing. No reason to get hopes up until we get confirmation. The game would have to be showcased at E3 if they want to drum up sales. A first effort would probably be very buggy and unpolished. The second year should be a lot better.

Very true. Just watch all of this speculation be for nothing because it's a mobile game lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF true, that doesn't sound bad at all, minus the MS exclusivity. Though if true this anonymous do-gooder just put a hole in the side of their marketing plan and put that dev team in a spot where cutting features will be held against them, whereas otherwise no one would have known. If legit, he just made every dev team think twice about bringing in people early to look at a game and provide feedback. Why get community feedback when someone is just going to spill the beans on forums for attention?

That being said, I just think it sounds too big, too much for year one of this still unannounced game. Hope not, though.

So now that you know, you can make plans to purchase an XBOX One or Windows 10 if you don't have one of them already.
    Yeah, sure. One something we don't know exists yet

Windows 10 isn't even available to pre-purchase yet.
    The dude abides.

I have no clue who this guy is and I do not care but his report just screams 100% BS.

IF the game was as "great" as he says it is the publisher (and MS assuming the exclusivity is also true) would be hyping the living shit out of it with teasers and then right at the NFL Draft drop a HUGE reveal of all this alleged "awesome" stuff.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    I have no clue who this guy is and I do not care but his report just screams 100% BS.

IF the game was as "great" as he says it is the publisher (and MS assuming the exclusivity is also true) would be hyping the living shit out of it with teasers and then right at the NFL Draft drop a HUGE reveal of all this alleged "awesome" stuff.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Windows 10 looks to be mid-April, and FREE for the first year for Windows 7 and 8 users

http://www.itpro.co.uk/operating-sys...date-and-specs

EDIT: Correct, "late-2015" so this guy is probably full of shit.
    Last edited by JBHuskers; 03-03-2015 at 04:52 PM.
    The dude abides.

Edited the above post, Windows 10 is not until late-2015, and any delays could push that to 2016.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Edited the above post, Windows 10 is not until late-2015, and any delays could push that to 2016.
    Yeah + doesnt EA and MS have some sort of BFF contract in place? I know EA basically NEVER says the words "Sony" or "PS4" in any of their press conferences/trailers/etc...

MS making a title in direct competition to EA's #2 title likely wouldn't make the brass at EA happy.

Yeah + doesnt EA and MS have some sort of BFF contract in place? I know EA basically NEVER says the words "Sony" or "PS4" in any of their press conferences/trailers/etc...

MS making a title in direct competition to EA's #2 title likely wouldn't make the brass at EA happy.
    Another good point. If we can poke holes in his post, then there are even more that we're not seeing.
    The dude abides.

I *think* I've finally found out the company Grow is with now after quite a bit of Google searching. I need to look a little closer, but based on the name - it's a mobile company.

It wouldn't shock me if it had some tie in to Microsoft and is an app, but I don't see it being what this 'rumored' info claims. (The original Montana/Grow app (iMFL) was a tie-in for Fantasy Football. I can see MS having it as an exclusive app as they are doing with Overdog, for example.)

Going at it from that way, I wonder if this anonymous poster had/heard some accurate info and filled in the blanks (incorrectly).

Well, unless that's just fictional teams for picture releases like this, definitely looking like it doesn't have a license for official NFL teams and logos. Deal breaker for me if that ends up true.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, unless that's just fictional teams for picture releases like this, definitely looking like it doesn't have a license for official NFL teams and logos. Deal breaker for me if that ends up true.
    Do NOT care about the license as long as it is customize-able with a legit franchise mode with a draft etc....

FWIW, Damon Grow tweeted out a few weeks ago that franchise mode is the "soul" of the game.

Dudeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! if Franchise mode is deep again with a better drafting , scouting and game play system then madden then go for it!

I think the NFL license is very important but not a deal breaker. Customization, a franchise mode and above all else gameplay will be huge. I don't trust a first effort to really challenge Madden but another option is a great thing.

Madden has not improved the CPU ai in a long time. They are dumb as rocks and the CPU qb ai is at roughly the same level as their ps2 games. So there are some areas that could be better. EA has some legacy code that is just brutal and ignored while they focus on MUT.

Do NOT care about the license as long as it is customize-able with a legit franchise mode with a draft etc....
    Well, I do. I can't stand playing with the Bumfuck Buggerers against the New Jersey Goatfuckers. I need real teams. Players I'm not necessarily concerned with, as proven by my NCAA dynasty currently into 2023, but I need real teams, real uniforms, real stadiums, and at least in regards to the NFL, real coaches and preferably real players if possible since players stick around longer than just four years in the pro football video games.

Any time I'd start up a team builder dynasty, it would never last just because there was no attachment to the team, no history to match, to repeat, to build upon, no team story.

I haven't played Madden for the last two years. Honestly, I can legitimately say that I couldn't care less about Madden. I'm over Madden. Any pro football game from here on out is going to have to meet my expectations and give me real teams for me to even waste the money renting it, much less buying it.

I have NCAA, I have NBA 2K (and maybe Live if they'd ever add sliders), I have NHL, I have FIFA, I have MLB The Show. I have the slew of entertaining games coming out year after year on both Xbox and now PS4. It is no longer just NCAA and Madden and that's it for me.

These guys may be looking to rival and/or knock off Madden from their pedestal, but they're going to have to earn my money by giving me what I want in a football game. Madden has lost my money, likely forever. These guys can earn it, but they will have to do exactly that, earn it.

#TheScriptIsDead

Remember when Backbreaker was going to save us?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Remember when Backbreaker was going to save us?
    Natural Motion. Lol.

#TheScriptIsDead

I would like to see a better physics and animation system in Madden.