Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 & Jaymo76 ... One Last Fling

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Honestly, it's a mix. Out of division games I tend to play where as division games I play offense and super-sim the D. I do like to stream when I get a chance but that being said my quality for uploads isn't very good right now. When I play tends to be after 10pm pacific. I am going to try and make more highlight videos of the season and have them on my twitch page.
    That's cool.

I don't keep a real schedule much of the time though. So, if you're going to broadcast, let me know and I'll check it out and let you know how the feed is.

@

This game marks the return of Barkevious Mingo He's a depth player for a very strong D. Well long story short, what an awful, awful game!!! The Bengals won 20-7 and really were in control for most of the game. Hoyer was awful going 16/30 for 109 yards and 1 td with 2 ints. Campbell didn't fare much better going 8/17 for 75 yards. Dion Lewis was held from the century mark as he only had 19 carries for 67 yards.

The Browns recievers were pretty weak today, dropping seven passes combined. Newcomer TE D.C. Jefferson led the team with 5 receptions.

Injuries bit the Browns again as Te MarQueis Gray goes down with a dislocated elbow and will miss the next three weeks.

Standings after week four:

AFC North:

4-0
    3-1
    2-2
    1-3

I wish the standings really looked like that after 4 games last year.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I wish the standings really looked like that after 4 games last year.
    Yeah I figured you would like those standings. Pittsburgh is currently #1 in the NFL and absolutely beastly on Defense. I'm not looking forward to that game. I hate travelling to Pittsburgh in all of my Madden and previously 2k dynasties. I seldom win there. However I must say that in NFL 2k3 I had my most memorable game in Pittsburgh. It was a late season Monday night game in a real snowstorm. Raiders won 22-20 on a last drive field goal. Good times!

The Brown QB situation is not good and Owner Jay Mo is losing patience quickly.

Hoyer 92/145 862 yards 3td's 10 int. 63% completion 57.8 qb rating
    * sacked 8 times thus far

Campbell 8/18 75 yards 44% completion 56.4 QB rating
    * sacked 2 times

Dion Lewis has bee a real bright-spot this season with 104 carries for 434 yards and 3 td's. He is averaging 4.2 ypc. and 108.5 ypg. Throw in 14 receptions for 81 yards and it's a great season thus far.

RT Mitchell Schwartz has already given up four sacks. Keep this up and rookie tackle Reid Fragel will be starting.

On special teams give it up for David Beuhler... 9/9 for field goals and 5/5 for converts. This of course is the biggest problem for the Browns... the offense cannot score td's!!!

Next up is a date with the 3-1 Bills.

Game 5: @

Brutal. Cleveland dominated time of possession and had more rushing and passing yards and still managed to lose 24-13 due to Hoyer's QB play. He threw three pics and one went for a td. Plus Lewis could not run the ball at all. The Bills D was fierce today.

With the loss the Browns fall to 2-3. The owner also pulled the plug on Hoyer. The new starting QB iJason Campbell. This is going to be a long season...

Game 6: @

Things go from bad to worse as the Browns get crushed by Detroit 20-3. The new starter, Jason Campbell went 13/36 for 133 yards. Pittiful! Dion Lewis only had 71 yards on 24 carries. A star on the team, LT Joe Thomas gave up three sacks.

The Browns now fall to 2-4.

Ouch!

You went all-in with Campbell. Hopefully, he'll knock the rust off and right the ship!

Game 7: @

WR Josh Gordon and TE Marqueise Gray both return to action. However, it doesn't matter in the end as the Browns drop another, 28-20 to the pack. Campbell went 19/34 169 yards 1td and 1 int. Lewis only had 16 carries for 50 yards. Gordon had 7 catches but only for 50 yards n total. D'Qwell Jackson led the D with 15 tackles. This is the 2nd game with ZERO sacks.

Buehler continues to impress going 2/2... he hasn't missed all season. With a four game losing streak I guess you need to find success somewhere???

Brutal! I feel bad for the Browns fans as this team really is awful. To make thins even better Desmond Bryant (RE) has a dislocated elbow and will be out for four weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Ouch!

You went all-in with Campbell. Hopefully, he'll knock the rust off and right the ship!
    No such luck... he really looks bad. By the way I will probably stream the Pittsburgh game later tonight. I am just going through and updating the games I played earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    No such luck... he really looks bad. By the way I will probably stream the Pittsburgh game later tonight. I am just going through and updating the games I played earlier.
    Nice. I'm playing he Twins right now, but I'll keep an eye out!

Game 8: @

The Chiefs are a big, strong team. It will be tough to win. Willis McGahee is back so that will give some more depth options. But again it doesn't matter... what a beating

Campbell killed his own team today... 22/39 273 yards 1 td 4 ints. The Chiefs won 37-10 and it was ugly. There is nothing left to say. This is a bad team that need major changes in the offseason. Campbell is also on a short leash as the 3rd stringer may be getting some action soon. In the next few weeks some deadwood will be cut and new players may be brought in if there is no change.

So at the halfway point of the season, here is the AFC North.

7-1
    5-3
    2-7
    2-7

Standings are almost perfect.

I disrespectfully disagree.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Game 10: @

Another game and another loss. Campbell was weak going 16/36 for 224 yards and 2 td's. Lewis rushed for 72 yards but it was not enough as the Ravens win 29-23.

Game 11: @

With the bye week over, the Browns get back at it. ROLB Jabaal Sheard is out with a broken hand and backup SS Jamoris Slaughter is out with a broken collarbone. Barkevious Mingo is expected to play a big role with Sheard out. The decision was made to put Slaughter on IR and DT Tony McDaniel was signed in FA to add some more depth to the Dline. McDaniel will bt the #2 DT as Ishmaa'ily Kitchen will be moved out of the starting rotation.

So the game consisted of two terrible teams and the worst team of the two... Cleveland as they lose 26-7 to the Bengals. Campbell goes 12/31 for 158 yards and 1int. Lewis was held to 59 yards on the ground.

TE Cameron will be back next game but the news is not all godd as starting DT Phil Taylor suffers a broken tibia and will be on IR for the next 25 weeks. FA DT Clinto McDonald has been added to the roster and will move to #2 DT.

The Browns are awful. They now sit at 2-8 and have a date with the 2-8 Steelers.

In other news, C Alex Mack was resigned to a six year deal for 58.4 million. He's one of the few brightspots on the Oline. The decision was also made to bench Campbell and go with unproven QB Alex Tanney.

Game 12: @

Pittsburgh has struggled of late dropping two straight. That streak is now three games. That's right, the Browns shocked the Steelers with a dominating 24-7 win!!! The Browns ended their own 7 game losing streak with an impressive, although very boring win. Tanney's first ever start ends in victory.

The keys to the victory were:

1. Tanney 13/18 84 yards 3td 2 int. (plus two big runs)
    2. Lewis 28 carries for 122 yards
    3. Pittsburgh recievers dropped 8 passes
    4. Cleveland D had 7 sacks!!!
    5. Tony McDaniel... 6 tackles, 5 tkl, 4 sacks

Next up is a Thanksgiving Weekend matchup with the 3-8 Jags.

Starting WR Mike Thomas pulled his groin and will be out four weeks.

Jaymo, I'm curious, but why did you go away from Hoyer?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    Jaymo, I'm curious, but why did you go away from Hoyer?
    One word... INTERCEPTIONS! Overall his completion accuracy was pretty decent as it was around 63%. However, when I pulled the trigger on Hoyer was during the Buffalo game. His stats were really bad and he had another multiple interception game (3). The last one was a pick six which basically cost us the game. Clearly his confidence was rattled as he had thrown 14 interceptions as compared to only 3 td throughout the season.

I have plans for Hoyer and he will be able to compete for the starting job next year but this year just went from bad to worse and his confidence was destroyed and he was on a massive cold streak. In retrospect I should have given him more time because the Jason Campbell experience was a poor one. Campbell will NOT be with the team NEXT season.

From what I have seen from Tanney in his one game is impressive enough to give him the rest of the season to further demonstrate his abilities. Hoyer, Tanney will be in the plan next season but I'm still not sure in what capacity??? I don't really want to use a draft pick on a QB as we have so many other holes...

With Mike Thomas injured he will be replaced in the #2 WR spot by Greg Little. Devon Bess will be moving to the #3 receiver spot. The Browns will NOT be picking up a FA receiver at this time. Rather the goal is to see how the talent from within will perform, given the chance. Specifically the Browns want to see the emergence of Travis Benjamin. He has been doing well on returns but he needs to show he can catch the ball.

Jaymo, obviously the game is different than real life, but I would use what the Browns did this summer as a guideline. They still have a WR problem but otherwise had a very good off-season.