Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden 25 & Jaymo76 ... One Last Fling

• Facebook
  • Display

Madden 25 & Jaymo76 ... One Last Fling

This is going to be a short lived dynasty experience as it is simply meant to hold me over until the full release of Madden 15. I will NOT be putting in anywhere near as much detail as I do with my NCAA thread. I will also be skimming a number of games and really approaching this through the eyes of an owner/gm. I am going to use a team that I don't follow and know little about. The rosters will be ther most uo-to-date that CFM currently has in the game.

Since I lost all of my saved data from my Bucs CFM I have decided to start a short CFM using...

That's right, the new OWNER of the Browns is Coach Jaymo. He came into a large sum of money while coaching out at UNLV. Due to the Browns being, well, the Browns they were for sale because they were as per usual, AWFUL! Coach Jaymo or as we refer to him now, owner jaymo means business. Nobody in the organization is safe, not even the city of Cleveland...

So with that... it begins.

Owner jay mo is considered a financial mogul owner. He has huge bucks but not a lot of credibility amongst the players. Mike Hill tweeted that ther Browns need an identity. Owner jay mo hopes to give them a good one.

Owner jay mo's first directive was to try to move some older players.

Added to the trade block:

QB Jason Campbell
    RB W. McGahee
    QB B. Weeden
    K B. Cundiff

RE John Hughes was also added to the trade block as his scheme is not a great fit. The same goes for TE Gary Barnidge and WR Davone Bess.

With Kundiff on the block D Buehler and J Medlock have been added to the roster and will compete for the #1 spot. With a lack of DT depth Marvin Austin has been signed.

Jay Mo has also informed the coaches to switch to a west coast style of QB and a speed back for the RB position. The D will be an attacking 4-3.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-11-2014 at 12:28 PM.

The first pre-season game is in the books and it was a dog. The Rams won 12-7 over the Browns. Brandon Weeden was injured and will be out two weeks. I guess that means he survives cut day? Speaking of cuts, K Billy Cundiff has been given his walking papers.

LG Tyronne Green and FS Kenny Phillips have been added to the roster as they were both cut in week one from their respective teams. Phillips has been moved to starting FS in front of Gipson. Green has switched positions to RG and will start in front of Shawn Lauvao.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-11-2014 at 01:56 AM.

Cleveland?

Boooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Cleveland?

Boooooo!

Figured you would like that Matt. I'm working on something big. You may be interested...

Pre-season game two the Browns made some changes, giving Hoyer the start at QB and Whittaker gets the nod at RB. The Browns dropped the game 24-19 primarily due to poor qb play. 3rd stringer Alex Tanney had some nice passes but also threw 4 pics. The O line is brutal. This team is missing a lot.

All the boos from the fans left a bad taste in Jay Mo's mouth...

Pre-season week three was a better effort versus the Colts but the result was another loss, 25-7.

As to cut day, six men were on the block.

1. TE Keavon Milton
    2. LT Chris Faulk
    3. RT Martin Wallace
    4. K Justin Medlock
    5. FS Johnson Bademosi
    6. C Christian Yount

Late in the day WR Mike Thomas was scooped up from free agency. His speed will help this young team out.
    Last edited by jaymo76; 07-11-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Big news at the end of the day. Owner Jay Mo instructed management to find a new LE and management responded. The Brown and the Titans swung a deal which will see LE Derrick Morgan come to the Browns in exchange for FB Chris Ogbonnaya and LOLB Quentin Groves. The Browns also get a 5th round pick from this years draft.

To fill in the gap at FB the Browns then signed Lex Hilliard. Hilliard is primarily a blocker but the O line is deficient so the extra blocking should help.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Figured you would like that Matt. I'm working on something big. You may be interested...

Pre-season wrapped up with a 30-24 loss to the Bears. That makes it a "perfect 0-4 for the pre-season.

Cuts:

1. TE Andre Smith
    2. RG Garrett Gilkey (120k cap penalty)
    3. LOLB Eric Martin
    4. MLB Darius Eubanks
    5. ROLB Paul Hazel
    6. SS Josh Aubrey

To shore up the back, CB Jerome Murphy was signed. He will now occupy the #3 CB role.

On the injury front, the Browns start the season down three.

ROLB B. Mingo (3 weeks)
    HB F. Whittaker (5 weeks)
    LE D. Morgan (2 weeks)

Breaking news: this just in... Jay Mo, owner of the Cleveland Browns shocked the North American media this evening with a major announcement. Mo told assembled reporters that for the second time in their history, the Browns would be leaving Cleveland. At the end of the current season it was announced that the Browns will be packing up their lockers and heading north. That's right, the Cleveland Browns are moving North of the 49th parallel. Toronto, Ontario, Canada will be Cleveland's new home starting next season.

It was also announced that the name, jerseys and colour schemes were all going to be changed. The new official team name will be the Toronto Mounties. The fans of Toronto voted overwhelmingly for this name. The colour scheme will be blue, red and yellow and the jersey will sport a classic look.

A new era is about to begin for this once fine franchise.

Before the start of the season Jay Mo has been trying everything to unload the contracts of Weeden and McGahee. However, there are ZERO takers. I was even throwing Weeden around for a 6th/7th rounder... nothing! If I need the space I may just deal with the cap hit and let Weeden walk. I am okay with keeping McGahee for an insurance policy but he will not be starting.

Brian Hoyer will get the nod as starting QB versus Miami. Dion Lewis surprised in pre-season and he will get the starting job at RB. Mike Thomas is slotted in at #2 WR as his speed should help things out. The OL is brutal so this may be a long season offensively speaking.

David Buehler has been pounding the ball on kicks. He could be a real bright-spot this season. A strong season may result in a long term deal for this guy.

On the defensive side of the ball the DT position is one of weakness. An upgrade either now or in the offseason is crucial. The LE/RE situation is strong and the addition of Derick Morgan makes us more fierce on the line. Linebackers and secondary are positions or relative strength. #3 CB Jerome Murphy is strong at man coverage so that is beneficial depth for a D that will be primarily man-to-man. The addition of FS Kenny Phillips makes us extra strong at safety.

It's go time... week 1 versus

Possible leaked image of the "Toronto Mounties" new unis???

Week 1: @

The final score is the Browns 27 the Dolphins 14. It was an ugly game for both offensives. Hoyer was pretty sub par in this game going 19 for 40 for 187 yards with one td and three ints. The receivers were awful as well as they combined for 11 drops!!! The only real star on offense was RB Dion Lewis as he had 28 carries for 133 yards and 2 td's.

Defense was stingy as both Phillips and Haden had major ints. Tanehill was awful and Moore was even worse for the Phins...

So the Browns begin the season 1-0. Still no interest in Weeden or Campbell...

Jay Mo has been working on a deal with the Skins to move Weeden and McGahee in return for Cousins and a draft pick. The deal was close but the Skins still wanted more and so Cleveland walked away...

week 2: @

The Browns could have won this game as they were up 13-0 in the 1st ... BUT... Hoyer throws 4 interceptions in the 2nd half and the Browns lose 27-19. It's too bad because Hoyer played well going 34-48 for 374 yards and 1 td. Dion Lewis had a great game with 25 carries for 124 yards. Mike Thomas led the wr's with 7 receptions. Kenny Phillips was the leading tackler with 8.

Five turnovers cost Cleveland the game. What makes it worse is that WR Josh Gordon will be out four weeks with broken ribs and RB Willis McGahee will be out five weeks with a dislocated ankle.

Week 3: @

Both teams sit at 1-1. Cleveland has a big hole to fill with Josh Gordon out. However, they get a break on D as LE Derrick Morgan makes his return. HOYER has to stop throwing pics if the Browns want to win this game!!!

First play of the game, CB Murphy makes the int. Is this a good sign for the rest of the game? Yes! The Browns dominated the Vikings in a 21-3 victory.

Key Stats:
    Hoyer 23/27 192 yards and 1 int
    Lewis 32 carries for 110 yards and 1 td.
    Morgan 2 sacks
    Buehler 5/5 fg's

However, TE Cameron out 9 weeks... this is a huge blow as he was leading the team in receptions with 19 for 198 yards.

As a result, rookie DC Jefferson signed at TE and as been added to the roster. RB Whittaker has been put on IR to make space. The two starting TE's are both rookies... this will be interesting.

Are you playing these games or simming or some of both?

PS3 or PS4?

If you are playing and are on PS4 with it, broadcast! Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Are you playing these games or simming or some of both?

PS3 or PS4?

If you are playing and are on PS4 with it, broadcast! Let me know.
    Honestly, it's a mix. Out of division games I tend to play where as division games I play offense and super-sim the D. I do like to stream when I get a chance but that being said my quality for uploads isn't very good right now. When I play tends to be after 10pm pacific. I am going to try and make more highlight videos of the season and have them on my twitch page.