Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

• Facebook
  • Display
    My second day with the big club, I was given the chance to make my debut. I started the top of the 6th with an 8-1 deficit.

I pitched a perfect 6th, that included a strikeout, and came back out to pitch the 7th with the score now 8-3.

I allowed a single and recorded a K in the 7th but it was another scoreless inning to finish my night and close out my Washington debut.

We wound up losing the game 8-5 and are now 69-71 on the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

A few nights later in Flushing, NY I entered a 10-8 game in the 6th with the Mets in front.
    I struck one out en route to a 1-2-3 6th and, when I took the mound in the 7th, the score was even at 10.

A walk, a 6-4-3 double play and a flyout to left ended my night and I wound up getting the win in a 12-10 game. The victory was my first with Washington and my 3rd of the season.

The Nationals are now 71-71, which puts us 5.5 games behind Miami in the division. The Braves are 2nd, 0.5 back.

#TheScriptIsDead

The following Sunday in Philadelphia, I took the hill in the bottom of the 7th with the Phillies leading 2-1.

I lasted 1.2 innings allowing a run on 3 hits with 2 strikeouts and a walk as we lost 3-1.

Washington falls to 73-73 with the loss to the Phillies.

#TheScriptIsDead

My next outing came in LA against the Angels. I came on in the bottom of the 8th with LA leading 2-0.

I allowed a single but I pitched a scoreless inning in the 8th. Unfortunately, we wound up loading 2-0 to fall to 73-75 with just 14 games remaining in the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

Trailing the Phillies 5-2, I took the mound in the top of the 8th in front of the home crowd, in my next appearance.

K, 4-3, K in a 3 up, 3 down 8th. I was kept in to pitch the 9th with the score still 5-2 Philadelphia.

I threw another perfect inning in the 9th and added another strikeout too. We lost the game 5-2 but I was happy with my performance - 6 up, 6 down, 3 Ks.

Washington is now 75-77.

#TheScriptIsDead

Two nights later, I entered a 5-5 game in the top of the 10th with Atlanta.

It was a perfect 10th as I set them down in order and remained in the game for the 11th inning.

I caught a huge break in the 12th. I allowed back-to-back doubles to start the inning but the leadoff man was gunned down at the plate following the second double and I danced or if the inning without allowing a run.

We won the game in the bottom half of the inning and I improved my record to 4-0 while the Nats are now 76-77 after the 6-5 victory.

#TheScriptIsDead

A couple of days later I faced Atlanta again. This time I was called upon in the top of the 7th with a 5-0 deficit.

I allowed a pair of singles in my only inning of work and e eventually lost, 5-4 to drop our record to 77-78.

#TheScriptIsDead

The next night I faced my former club as the Cubs were in town and I the hill in the top of the 9th with Chicago in front 7-4.

A leadoff double led nowhere for the Cubs but we lost the game 7-4 to fall to 77-79.

#TheScriptIsDead

I faced the Cubs in my next outing as well. With an 8-0 deficit in the 8th, I just wanted to get some quality work in.

I surrendered another leadoff double but escaped the inning unscathed. However, the Cubs held on for the 8-0 win.

#TheScriptIsDead

Down 4-2 in the top of the 8th, I was called on to face the Cubs again in the finale of the 4 game set.

I lasted two-thirds of an inning, allowing a bit and a walk before being lifted. We lost 4-3 and fell to 78-81 with just 3 games in Miami separating us from the offseason.

#TheScriptIsDead

In the season finale, I was called from the bullpen with one out and a runner on 2nd in the bottom of the 8th in Miami. The score was tied at 4.

A groundout to first and a flyout to left finished my season but we eventually lost 5-4.

#TheScriptIsDead

In 2017 I wore 4 different uniforms and pitched for 2 Major League clubs and for their respective AAA affiliates.

In AAA, I was 0-1 with a 1.83 ERA in 22 appearances with 19.2 innings pitched. I was 20 of 21 in save opportunities, struck out 17 and walked 2 with a WHIP of 0.66.

In the Majors, I made 35 appearances and pitched 47.1 innings. My record was 4-0 and I had a 1.52 ERA and a hold. I struck out 26 and walked 12 and I had a 1.16 WHIP.

In my Major League career, I'm now 7-6 with a 3.20 ERA. I have 11 saves and 3 blown saves. I have 5 holds, I've pitched 95.2 innings and I've recorded 61 Ks with 22 walks and a 1.36 WHIP.

The Nationals finished 3rd in the NL East with a 79-83 record. The Dodgers went 106-56 to finish with the best record in baseball.

Other notables include the Blue Jays who were 4th in the AL East at 79-83, the Astros who were 5th in the AL West with a 69-93 mark, the Pirates were 76-86 and were 3rd in the NL Central, the Cubs were 4th in the NL Central at 71-91 and the Rockies were 5th in the NL West at 73-89.

The Dodgers beat the Tigers in 5 games to win the 2017 World Series. Hanley Ramirez was named World Series MVP.

Miguel Cabrera (DET) won the AL MVP, Jay Bruce (CIN) was the NL MVP.

The AL Cy Young went to Felix Hernandez (SEA) and the NL Cy Young winner was Madison Bumgarner (SF).

Will Myers (TB) won the AL Batting Title, while Christian Yelchin (MIA) won it in the NL.

The Delivery Man of the Year was Neftali Feliz of Seattle who had 61 saves.

The AL Rookie of the Year was catcher Jose Franco of Baltimore (.265, 28, 102) and the NL winner was starting pitcher Eddie Butler of Miami (11-6, 2.34, 213 K).

Detroit's Andy Dirks was the AL Postseason MVP, with Hanley Ramirez winning it in the NL.

#TheScriptIsDead

I signed a 1-year deal to stay with Washington. The Nationals are only promising me a AAA bullpen spot which is a bit of a disappointment but I believe I can earn the closer role at the big league level unless the club signs a free agent.

The contact is worth $602,500 and my career earnings are at $1,247,634.

#TheScriptIsDead

I zipped through the 2018 Spring tonight. It wasn't an overly impressive performance for me. I made 10 appearances and pitched 8.2 innings. I had 2 blown saves, 4 holds, a 1-1 record and a 4.15 ERA. I also had 4 Ks, 2 walks and a 1.38 WHIP.

As a team, the Nationals were 12-15. The Braves (18-10) had the best record in the Grapefruit League and the Royals (21-6) were the best in the Cactus League.

Despite my mediocre Spring, I will be joining the Nationals as a setup man. Hopefully this will be the year that I can stay in the Majors all year.

At age 26, I'll start 2018 as a 76 OVR with A Potential.

#TheScriptIsDead

It was the third game of the season before I saw any action. I came on in the top of the 8th with a 2-0 deficit against the Dodgers.

I had a great first outing of 2018, pitching a perfect 8th inning that included a pair of strikeouts. Ultimately, however, the Dodgers prevailed 3-2.

With the loss the Nationals feel to 1-2 on the young season.

#TheScriptIsDead

With LA still in town, I got into the 4th game of the season in the top of the 9th with the Dodgers leading 6-5.

I allowed a long ball to left-center to Alex Guerrero, his 3rd of the game, and followed that by allowing 5 consecutive singles before being lifted without retiring a single batter.

We wound up losing 11-7 to drop to 1-3 and I had the worst outing of my career. I was responsible for 5 runs on 6 hits and did not record an out. With that I have an embarrassing 45.00 ERA after 2 appearances this season.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got the next 2 nights off before coming in to a 7-3 game with the Giants leading and 2 outs in the top of the 9th.

I allowed a single to the first batter that I faced meaning that 7 straight had reached against me. The second hitter lined to short to end the inning but the 7-3 score held and we fell to 2-5.

#TheScriptIsDead

A few nights later I was called to action in the bottom of the 8th with the Mets leading 5-3.

I pitched a 1-2-3 8th but the Mets held on for the 5-3 win. The Nationals are now 3-7 through the first 10 games of 2018.

#TheScriptIsDead

The next night we were in Atlanta and were clinging to a 1-0 lead on the bottom of the 8th and I was called on to try and get us to the 9th with the lead intact.

I pitched a perfect 8th and gave way to our closer, Drew Storen, in the 9th. Storen closed the door and we wound up with the 1-0 win.

I earned my first hold of 2018 and my ERA dropped to 13.50. Washington improved to 4-7 with the W.

#TheScriptIsDead

Two nights later, still in Atlanta, I came on to pitch the 8th again. This time, with a 2-0 lead.

I hurled another 1-2-3 inning and earned my second hold after giving way to closer Drew Storen again.

The 2-0 victory pushed our record to 5-8 as we took 2 of 3 from the Braves for our first series win of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead