Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

• Facebook
  • Display
    I think the twitch Steeler MLB stream needs to begin again asap!

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    I think the twitch Steeler MLB stream needs to begin again asap!
    That can be arranged. When are you available?

#TheScriptIsDead

I made my next appearance in St. Louis, coming on in the bottom of the 2nd with 2 on and 2 out and with the Cards leading 2-0. I worked out of the jam despite giving up a single as the lead runner was thrown out at the plate.

I led off the top of the 3rd with a line out to first but that assured me of another inning on the hill.

I surrendered a 2-out walk in the bottom of the third inning but got out unscathed to get to the fourth.

The Cubs still led 2-0 going to the bottom of the fourth. I pitched a 1-2-3 4th that included a strikeout of Cardinal pitcher Michael Wacha.

Despite beginning to tire, I was left in to pitch the bottom of the 5th, still trailing 2-0. Another perfect inning included a fastball that hit 101 on the gun. I don't remember hitting such a high velocity before.

I was pinch hit for in the top of the 6th and the Cardinals went on to win, 5-0. Despite the team's loss, I had a strong outing. I went 3.1 scoreless innings, allowing one hit while striking out 1 and walking 1. The loss dropped the Cubs to 5-6 on the year.

#TheScriptIsDead

Two nights later, I entered the game in the bottom of the 5th inning in Pittsburgh where the Pirates led 4-0. The bases were empty with 2 away.

I walked Giancarlo Stanton to start things off and then allowed a single to left to Pedro Alvarez. That was followed by a Neil Walker single to left but, fortunately, Stanton was gunned down at the plate by LF Junior Lake to end the inning.

Not my best outing but I still haven't allowed a run in 2017. However, the Pirates were 7-0 winners as the Cubs managed just 1 hit off of Pittsburgh's James Taillon and Chicago fell to 6-7.

#TheScriptIsDead

The next night in Pittsburgh I was called on to come in in the bottom of the 4th with 2 on and 1 out and a 5-2 deficit.

I got Pedro Alvarez to ground into a 6-4-3 double play and my night was done.

Pittsburgh went on to win, 6-3 and the Cubs are now 6-8.

#TheScriptIsDead

No rest for the weary.

The next afternoon I was back in the game early. This time with the bases loaded and nobody out in the bottom of the 2nd with a 5-0 deficit. Sheesh. Oh, to add to the problem Stanton was due up next.

Stanton popped to short bringing up Alvarez. Alvarez unloaded the bases with a grand slam to right and with that I had surrendered my first run of the season and the Buccos led 9-0. The next 2 batters flew out and my day was finished.

Bad outing and a sweep by Pittsburgh. The Cubs are now 6-9.

Of note, Pedo Alvarez went 4 for 6 with a homer, 2 doubles, 3 runs and a whopping 10 RBI in the Pirates 16-1 win in the finale.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    That can be arranged. When are you available?

#TheScriptIsDead
    Probably most nights this week around 8:30pm. Maybe a party chat this week to catch up on "old times?"

Probably most nights this week around 8:30pm. Maybe a party chat this week to catch up on "old times?"
    Sure. Let me know which night works best.

#TheScriptIsDead

We returned home for 8 games - 4 each with the Cardinals and the Pirates. I was back at it without any rest in the opener with St. Louis.

Bases empty, 1 out in the top of the 9th with the Cards leading 5-2. I allowed an infield single and struck one out to get the home side to the bottom of the 9th but the Cardinals held on for the 5-2 win.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got the next night off and entered game 3 with a 6-4 lead in the top of the eighth with runners on the corners and 1 out. 5-4-3 on my first pitch and the inning was over.

I was lifted for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the 8th and the Cubs held on for a 6-4 win to improve to 8-10.

#TheScriptIsDead

My next appearance came in the second of 4 with Pittsburgh. Trailing 7-0, I came on in the top of the 8th. I pitched a 1-2-3 8th which was punctuated by a strike out of Andrew McCutcheon.

A pinch hitter ended my night in the bottom half of the inning and Pittsburgh won the game, 7-3. The Cubs drop to 9-12.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got my next opportunity in the finale with the Pirates. 2 on and nobody out in the top of the 5th with Pittsburgh leading 3-0.

Both of my inherited runners scored as I allowed a hit and a walk in my lone inning on the hill before being pinch hit for. The Pirates went on to win easily, 14-1.

The Cubs are now 10-13 and hit the road for 3 in Cincinnati and 2 at Yankee Stadium to finish the month of April.

#TheScriptIsDead

I was back at it in the opener in Cincinnati. Called from the 'pen in the bottom of the 2nd with 2 on and 1 out and the Reds leading 7-1.

After walking the lead off man, I got a 6-4-3 to end the inning.

I struck out swinging in the top of the 3rd but it gave me another chance to pitch in the bottom half. I allowed a single to my opposite number to lead off the inning but came away unscathed.

In the bottom of the 4th I struck out Jay Bruce who leads the Majors with 12 homers and I wound up with a pair of punch outs in a 1-2-3 inning to finish my night.

The Reds ended up winning 7-1 but I allowed just 1 hit and 1 walk to go with 2 strikeouts in 2.2 scoreless innings. The Cubbies are now 10-14.

#TheScriptIsDead

I'm starting to get a little frustrated with my role on the team. The Cubs are struggling and I feel that my performance warrants me getting more important innings. In this long relief role, I'm typically getting mop-up duty. My 0.59 ERA through 15.1 innings, I feel, demands that I get into close games and help give this struggling club a chance to win more.

It might be time to make my feelings known. I'm going to think on it for a few days.

#TheScriptIsDead

Didn't see the field again until the second game at Yankee Stadium. I was called upon in the bottom of the 4th with 1 out and the bases loaded. The Yankees led, 3-0.

2 inherited runners came across in the 4th but I was kept in to start the 5th with the score now 5-1.

I allowed a 2-out single in the fifth but it was an otherwise uneventful inning. I would be allowed to pitch the 6th with the score still 5-1 Yankees.

I struck out the American League's leading hitter, DH Fernando Santiago (.404), to start the 6th. However, Jacoby Ellsbury took me deep to right in the next AB. My night ended after the 6th and the Yankees wound up winning 7-3.

I allowed 3 hits and a run with one strike out in 2.2 innings.

For the month of April, I was 2-0 with an ERA of 1.00. I made 13 appearances, pitching 18.0 innings and recording one Hold. I struck out 8 and walked 5, allowing 2 home runs. I was 1 for 3 at the plate with an RBI and a strike out. Lefties hit .346 against me while righties hit just .114.

The Cubs are 4th in the NL Central at 13-15, 3 games back of St. Louis (16-12). The Dodgers have the best record in baseball at 23-8.

Of note, the Astros are 3rd in the AL West at 14-13, the Blue Jays are 3rd in the AL East at 13-14, the Rockies are 5th in the NL West at 9-19 and the Pirates are 3rd in the NL Central at 13-15.

#TheScriptIsDead

Sigh. The Rockies always suck in these games.

Good updates man. I've been starting to feel the MLB bug myself lately. Debating on firing up 14 in the coming weeks and resuming my RTTS career or waiting until 15 releases to resume it after transferring it over.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Sigh. The Rockies always suck in these games.

Good updates man. I've been starting to feel the MLB bug myself lately. Debating on firing up 14 in the coming weeks and resuming my RTTS career or waiting until 15 releases to resume it after transferring it over.

#TheScriptIsDead
    I thought I was the only one but I have had this need to put on The Show... maybe this weekend???

I thought I was the only one but I have had this need to put on The Show... maybe this weekend???
    Yeah, I've had this really strong desire to play MLB for the past two weeks and resume my RTTS. I also have been wanting to get my next game played (and keep rolling) in my NCAA dynasty for the past couple weeks since my last update. I'm gonna have to find some time to just sit down and knock out some MLB and NCAA games.

If I fire up MLB before 15 releases, I'll be doing as I was before and streaming it on Twitch while playing.

#TheScriptIsDead

I've had the itch for The Show recently too. I decided this was a good weekend to get a little RTTS in. I'm at a bit of a standstill with FIFA because I don't want to start another season this close to The Show 15 so I figured what the hell.

That, and the fact that my daughter was on my FIFA PS4 (where my highlights are saved) all weekend and I had nothing else to do.

#TheScriptIsDead

A 9 game home stand will see Boston, Colorado and Cincinnati all come to Wrigley to start the month of May.

In the opener with the Red Sox I was called on in the top of the 9th. I came in to face Dustin Pedroia with a runner on first, two away and the Cubs leading 9-5.

Pedroia doubled in the runner that I inherited and I was pulled from the game without recording an out. Chicago held on for the win, 9-6.

#TheScriptIsDead