Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

• Facebook
  • Display

MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

So I started RTTS Tuesday evening, deciding to play as a Closer. Amazingly, I am at the All-Star Break of my second season already. It's crazy how quick you can move when you only pitch an inning every few days.

Anyway, I was drafted by the Twins in the 5th round but I chose not to sign and, instead, went the 4-year University route. I was then taken in the 1st round, 13th overall, by the Giants.

I started out at AA Richmond and made 12 appearances for the Flying Squirrels before being promoted to AAA Fresno. With Richmond, I went 1-0 with a 2.03 ERA, 9 Saves, 1 Blown Save, 6 K and 4 BB with a 1.13 WHIP in 13.1 IP.

After my mid-May promotion to Fresno, I made several appearances for the Grizzlies before I was dealt to Oakland along with CF Angel Pagan and SP Edwin Escobar for CF Coco Crisp.

I finished the season in the A's organization at AAA Sacramento, with the River Cats. I definitely struggled at the AAA level. In 29 outings, I was 0-2 with a 5.55 ERA, 18 Saves, 9 Blown Saves, a Hold, 24 K and 2 BB with a 1.73 WHIP in 24.1 IP.

In the offseason, I signed a new 1-year deal with Oakland for $87.5k.

I started 2015 back in Sacramento but, after just 4 appearances, I was shipped to the Cubs with SP Raul Alcantara and RP Lou Liriano for RP Blake Parker and SP Edwin Jackson.

I just got to pitch a perfect 7th inning at Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati as part of the Futures game and I'm currently 1-0 with a 1.38 ERA at AAA Iowa. I have 23 Saves and 4 Blown Saves with 2 Holds in 26 IP. I've struck out 26 and walked just 3 and my WHIP is 0.92.

I'll probably finish my second season before jumping back into my Astros Franchise.

And just now, I pitched the 7th inning of the AAA All-Star Game, representing the Pacific Coast League. The PCL was victorious, 3-0.

For the record, the Dodgers beat the Yankees (!) in the 2014 World Series and USA beat the World in the 2015 Futures Game (5-1).
    Last edited by steelerfan; 07-10-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Just finished the 2015 season with the Iowa Cubs. Unfortunately, at 77-67 we missed out on the playoffs finishing 2 games behind the Omaha Storm Chasers.

I wasn't eligible to be called up in September since I'm still not on the 40-man roster.

Tampa Bay won the World Series over the defending champion Dodgers.

I hit a rough patch in the second half of the season as Dynamic Difficulty bumped me to Hall of Fame Difficulty. However, I still had a very good season in AAA. I made 44 appearances going 1-2 with a 2.77 ERA. I recorded 34 Saves with 8 Blown Saves, 2 Holds, 31 K and 8 BB in 39.0 IP. My WHIP was 1.18 and I allowed just 2 home runs and 13 runs (12 earned).

In the offseason, I re-signed with the Cubs for 1 year and 91k.

At 24, I'm now on the 40-man and am headed to Spring Training as part of the Chicago bullpen.

Did you ask for a trade?

Been thinking of doing a closer got a starter but like the movement of a closer

Quote Originally Posted by texacotea View Post
    Did you ask for a trade?

Been thinking of doing a closer got a starter but like the movement of a closer
    No, I didn't. I have never asked for a trade but have been moved twice.

I got a couple weeks into Spring Training with Chicago and have been working out of the bullpen. In 6 games I've pitched 6 scoreless innings and have allowed just 1 hit and 2 walks so I'm off to a great start. I'm going to have to have a great Spring to have a chance to make the Cubs' Opening Day roster.

Ratings-wise I'm a bit of a stretch to stick in Chicago so my hope is that a solid Spring will improve my chances. That failing, maybe an injury, trade, or someone else's poor performance will get me called up soon. If not, I should definitely debut in September now that I'm on the 40-man roster.

Just finished up Spring Training 2016. I had a very strong showing (though DD upped me to Legend in the last week). For the Cubs, I made 13 appearances (12.1 IP) and went 1-0 with a 1.46 ERA and 4 Holds.

Unfortunately, in my haste to see if I made the big club, I didn't get the rest of my stats. That said, I did enough in the Spring to open 2016 in Chicago with the Cubs. They have me slotted as a middle reliever.

MLB here I come!

Two things that I forgot to mention.

The highlight of the Spring for me was facing the Giants (the team that drafted me) and the A's (the team that shipped me to Chicago. Against the Giants, I got to face Coco Crisp. I was part of a package deal that sent Crisp from Oakland to San Francisco 2 seasons ago so I definitely wanted to get his ass out to show the Giants what they gave up on. I got him to ground weakly to first. Quite satisfying.

Additionally, by making the Opening Day roster, I now have a Major League contract. Bye bye 91k per year. Hello 500k.

Blow and hookers for everyone!
    The dude abides.

I made my Major League debut in the Cubs second game of the season, home against the Mets.

I was brought into a scoreless tie in the top of the ninth. I gave up a single to the second batter but survived the inning unscathed. However, I was brought back to pitch the tenth and faced just 3 batters before being lifted. Single, strikeout, RBI double.

I took a 1-0 loss in ten innings, going 1.1 allowing 3 hits with 2 Ks and no walks. Rough start to my big league career.

Back to Iowa for you!
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Blow and hookers for everyone!
    uploadfromtaptalk1405028016278.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Back to Iowa for you!
    I can't fund the hookers and blow on a AAA salary.

Hoping you will get back to this mode after your RTTS season. We need to find out the fate of your pitcher. Will you get to stay with the Cubs or are you going back down? With a glutton of players at 3rd in my RTTS I am beginning to wonder if I will be moved?

I've been playing this again, off and on, since I finished my 2015 Astros Spring Training. I just haven't been posting, out of laziness.

Anyway, I just finished my third season which began in the Cubs bullpen as a middle reliever. I was eventually sent back to AAA Iowa, for about six weeks. However, a strong performance down there got me back to Chicago in July.

When I returned to the Bigs, I took over the closing role. Unfortunately, it didn't last. By September I was back in a middle relief role to finish the season.

The Cubs suffered through a horrible season going 63-99. My numbers weren't great by any stretch, but they weren't awful either.

In AAA Iowa, I made 21 appearances and was 0-1 with a 3.00 ERA. I had 18 saves, 2 blown saves and a hold in 18.0 innings. I struck out 17 and walked 5 while posting a 1.22 WHIP.

In the Majors with the Cubs, I made 49 appearances and was 3-6 with a 4.84 ERA. I had 11 saves, 3 blown saves and 4 holds in 48.1 innings. I struck out 35 and walked 10 while posting a 1.55 WHIP.

My first MLB appearance and strikeout both came on April 1st against the Mets. I earned my first career win at Busch Stadium on May 2nd against the Cardinals and got my first save against the Giants on June 27th.

The Dodgers were the best team in baseball going 106-56 and then going on to defeat the Mariners in six games to win the World Series.

Of interest, the Blue Jays win the AL East at 86-76 but were swept by the Royals in the ALDS, 3-0.

Houston went 63-99 in 2016. Pathetic.

The Cubs crosstown rivals, the White Sox, were a MLB worst 53-109. That meant that the 2 Chicago teams combined for 208 losses and just 116 wins.

The Pirates won the NL Central at 94-68. Pittsburgh beat Washington in the NLDS in 4 but lost to LA in 6 in the NLCS.

The Rockies were terrible, going 68-94.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

After some serious negotiating, I signed a one year deal to stay with the Cubs for $592,500. Their original offer was $500K.

My career earnings are $655,129.

My Overall rating went up 7 points in 2016. I started the season at 67 and now sit at 74. I'm 25 with A Potential.

I jumped back on this, in anticipation of the release off 15.

I finished up the 2017 Spring and I struggled. In 16 appearances from the Cubs bullpen, I was 0-1 with a 10.80 ERA. I had 4 Holds in 10.0 innings while allowing 21 hits and 12 runs (all earned). I also allowed 4 long balls and walked 2 while striking out 5 for a 2.30 WHIP.

Despite my struggles, I have made the Cubs Opening Day roster as a long reliever. Not a role that I want but probably the best I could expect given the terrible Spring that I had.

#TheScriptIsDead

In my season debut, I earned the win in a 10-9 10-inning victory over Milwaukee at Wrigley. I pitched a perfect 10th and the Cubbies moved to 2-0 on the young season.

#TheScriptIsDead

In the 8th game of the season, with the Cubs at 4-3, I got my second appearance. I entered a scoreless game in Milwaukee with 2 on and 2 out in the bottom of the third. I worked out of that jam and wound up going 2.1 scoreless innings allowing 2 hits and striking out 1.

I also got an RBI single in the top of the 5th and left the game in the top of the 6th with a 1-0 lead. The Cubs went on to win 6-2 to improve to 5-3 and I registered my 2nd win of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

The very next afternoon, I entered the game with 1 out in the bottom of the 4th, a runner on first and with the Brewers leading 6-0.

I worked out of the inning despite walking the first batter that I faced and was pinch hit for in the top of the 5th. The Brewers went on to win 6-2, dumping Chicago to 5-4 on the year.

#TheScriptIsDead