Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

• Facebook
  • Display
    A couple nights later I was called on in the top of the 8th with a 3-1 lead over the Mets.
    I allowed a 2-out single and had a strikeout in my lone inning of work, earning a 3rd hold as Storen shut the door to seal the 3-1 win.

With the win, our record has improved to 7-8 as we have 4 wins in our last 5 games and have won 3 straight.

#TheScriptIsDead

The next day, I got into the series finale. I cane into a 3-3 game in the top of the 9th.

I got through a scoreless 9th despite allowing a base on balls. My night ended after that inning.

We wound up losing the game 4-3 in 12 innings to fall to 7-9. However, it was a second consecutive series win.

#TheScriptIsDead

In the next series, we were home for 3 with Texas. I got into game 2 with 2 on and 2 out in the top of the 8th with a 7-3 lead over the Rangers.

I had a masterful performance. I faced 2 batters and struck them both out looking on 3 pitches. My screwball had as much movement as it ever has. I was very pleased with this outing and I'm feeling good about my progress after a disastrous second appearance of the season.

I earned my 4th hold and my ERA is down to 6.43. The Nationals are now 8-10 this season.

We won the series finale the next night and took a 3rd straight series win before heading to Miami.

#TheScriptIsDead

After winning the opener in Miami, I came on in a save situation in game 2. We led 5-3 with 2 on and 2 out in the bottom of the 9th.

I punched out JT Realmuto to end the game, earn my first save of 2018 and record my third consecutive strikeout.

In the series finale, I entered the game in the bottom of the 8th with a 6-3 lead and a chance to help us earn our first series sweep of the year.

I allowed a 2-out homer to Guillermo Pimentel, the first of his career, then walked Realmuto before being pulled.

It wasn't my best outing but we won the game 6-5 and swept the sputtering Marlins (6-16) to improve to 12-10.

Next up, we have 3 in Philadelphia sandwiched between two off days.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got into game 1 against the Phillies, coming in in the bottom of the 8th with a 5-4 lead.

I allowed a 1-out single but that was as bad as it got for me in notching my 6th hold of the season as we were 5-4 winners.

After another win in game 2, I was called on to pitch the bottom of the 9th in game 3 with a 12-6 lead.

Carlos Gonzalez hit a 425-foot bomb to center off of me on my very first pitch. After that, I allowed 3 straight singles and was lifted in favor of Drew Storen. All told, I wound up being hit for a pair of earned runs after allowing 4 hits without retiring a single batter.

We still won the game, 12-8, and swept the series to improve to 15-10 on the season. With 8 straight wins and back-to-back series sweeps under out collective belt, our 3-7 start to the campaign seems like ancient history.

#TheScriptIsDead

How are you doing for your earnings thus far? I think my guy just eclipsed $580,000. I also have a green blip on the HOF progress! lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    How are you doing for your earnings thus far? I think my guy just eclipsed $580,000. I also have a green blip on the HOF progress! lol.
    My current contract is 1 year, $602,500. My HOF progress is more than a blip. I haven't looked lately but, as a guess, it is about 10% green.

#TheScriptIsDead

Came into game 2 of the next series, against Miami, with a 13-2 lead in the top of the 9th.

I struck out 1 and allowed a double but no damage as we won for the 10th consecutive time to improve to 17-10 to close out the month of April.

The win streak would reach 12 before I was brought into a 10-4 game with us trailing San Diego in the 9th.

I had another terrible outing, retiring just one batter and allowing 2 singles, a double and a 3-run homer before being lifted. We lost 14-4, ending the winning streak.

We wound up taking 2 of 3 from the Padres to improve to 20-11.

Some points of interest through 5/4/18:

I'm off to a terrible start just a season after I posted a 1.52 ERA. In 15 appearances, I have a 10.45 ERA with a save and 6 holds in 10.1 innings of work. I've allowed 4 long balls and have walked 2 while punching out 9. My WHIP is 2.08 and my opponents are hitting .380 against me, including .357 by righties and .409 by lefties.

The good news is that we have the best record in the NL at 20-11 and we lead the East by 4 games over Atlanta. Seattle has the best record in baseball at 21-11.

Of note, Toronto leads the AL East at 17-16, the Astros are 3rd in the AL West at 16-15, the Pirates lead the NL Central at 19-13, the Cubs are a game behind Pittsburgh at 18-14 and Colorado is 3rd in the NL West at 17-17.

#TheScriptIsDead

In the next series, we hosted Philadelphia. I got into game 2 with a 3-2 lead in the top of the 8th.

I pitched a perfect 8th, that included a strikeout, and we held on for a 3-2 win as I notched another hold.

We wound up losing the finale but took 2 of 3 from the Phillies to improve to 22-12.

#TheScriptIsDead

Playing 4 in San Francisco next, I got into game 3 with a 7-4 lead in the bottom of the 8th with nobody on and 2 away.

I struck out the only batter I faced and we won it, 7-4. It was my only appearance in the Bay Area but we won 3 of 4 and are now 25-13 with 3 in San Diego up next.

#TheScriptIsDead

Entered game 2 in San Diego with a 3-2 lead, 2 out and the bases empty in the bottom of the 8th.

Once again, I punched out the only batter that I faced but this time our closer, Drew Storen, blew the save in the 9th. However, we wound up winning 4-3 in 10 innings.

The next night, I was back in the game. This time I stayed the 8th with a 6-3 lead.

I had a terrible outing. I allowed a walk and 2 singles before being pulled without retiring a single batter. All 3 of the runners that I was responsible for eventually scored (2 earned) and we wound up losing 7-6.

The loss dropped our record to 26-15 as we lost 2 of 3 to the Padres.

We're going to Arizona for 4 next. I've got to get my act together. We have a legitimate playoff team in Washington and I don't want to miss out on that by getting sent down.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got a rare save opportunity in game to against the Diamondbacks. I came on to pitch the 9th with a 5-2 lead.

A perfect 9th and my second save of 2018 as we improved to 27-16.

The next night, I was handed another save opportunity. We led 2-1 in the bottom of the 9th when I was called to action.

I allowed a lead off single but struck out the next batter looking and wound up getting out of the jam with my 3rd save in a 2-1 win.

We split 4 Hanes in the desert and, after a day off, we'll be hosting Atlanta for 3 a3 game set. At 28-17, we have a 4 game lead over the 23-20 Braves.

Despite my struggles this season, I have taken the closer role with the club away from Drew Storen. I'm excited to finally have the job and I must take advantage of it.

#TheScriptIsDead

We were shockingly swept at home by Atlanta and I never saw the field. Next up, the Pirates were in town.

After dropping game 1 to Pittsburgh, I finally was called on again. In game 2, I took the hill in the 9th with a 4-3 lead.

I pitched a perfect 9th and we ended our 5 game losing streak with the 4-3 margin. For me, it was my 4th save of the season.

We won the finale to take 2 of 3 from the Pirates and improve to 30-21. We'll travel to New York next as we visit the Mets for 3.

#TheScriptIsDead

After we won game 1 in New York, I got into game 2 with another save opportunity: ninth inning and a 9-6 lead.

I allowed a single but nothing more and we earned the 9-6 win. We wound up sweeping the Mets and we'll have a day off before returning home to close the month of May against the Marlins.

#TheScriptIsDead

I entered game 2 against Miami with a 3-0 lead in the top of the 9th.

It was a 1-2-3 inning that included a punch out and another save as we ended the month of May at 34-22.

We lost the finale as Miami took the series, here are some numbers through June 1, 2018:

I've made 24 appearances this season and I have no record with a 7.41 ERA. I'm 6 for 6 in save situations and I have 9 holds on 17.0 innings. I have K'd 14 while walking just 3 and my WHIP is 1.53. My opponents are hitting .319 - .350 for righties and .281 for lefties. Overall, it was a big improvement over April that got me where I am but I need to keep it up as my season numbers are still below my standard.

Seattle still has the best record in baseball at 39-18 and the Cardinals are now the best in the NL at 36-20.

Of note, Toronto is tied with Baltimore for the AL East lead at 30-28, Houston is tied with Texas in the AL West cellar at 27-30, Washington leads Atlanta by 2.5 games in the NL East at 34-23, Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 32-26 while the Cubs are 4th at 27-32 and the Rockies trail the Dodgers by 3 games in the NL West at 33-26.

#TheScriptIsDead

Toronto came to the nation's capital next and I got an opportunity to earn a 7th save in game 1 as I was called into a 5-3 game in the top of the 9th.

I pitched a perfect 9th including striking out the final batter to earn that 7th save with the 5-3 win.

We split the 2 games with the Jays but immediately traveled to Toronto for 2 more. I got into the second of those 2 games, entering in the bottom of the 9th with a 6-4 lead.

It was another 1-2-3 outing and I got another strikeout and my 8th save in as many tries.

We split the 2 games in Toronto as well and we're now 36-25 and headed to Cincinnati for 3.

#TheScriptIsDead

I was back on the hill the next night in southern Ohio, this time with a 6-4 lead on the 9th.

Historically, I've struggled against the Reds having payed a 1-2 record with a 12.41 ERA.

I allowed a single but also got a punch out for the save. We wound up dropping the next 3 to the Reds and we fell to 37-27.

After an off day, we'll play 2 on Houston against the Astros. I have never faced the team that I grew up rooting for so it would be a big deal to me to have the chance to step on the mound at Minute Maid Park.

#TheScriptIsDead

Unfortunately, I didn't get into either game in Houston as we won both easily (11-3 and 6-0). We returned home to face the Cardinals and I was called on to close game 1, coming on in the top of the 9th with a 2-1 lead.

I surrendered an infield single to the lead off man but shut the door after that to earn my 10th save of 2018. I also earned Player of the Game honors for my efforts.

I took the mound again in the series finale with a 6-4 lead in the top of the 9th with a chance to help our club sweep the best team in the National League which would pull us within 1 game of St. Louis.

It wasn't easy, I allowed a run on 2 hits, but I naked down my 11th save and we improved to 42-27 with the Reds headed to town.

#TheScriptIsDead

I entered game 1 with the Reds with the bases empty, 2 out and 2 already home in the top of the 9th. We had an 8-6 lead.

I induced a flyout to right from Wellington Castillo and I had my 12th save while the club had its 6th consecutive victory.

In game 2 we had a 3-2 lead in the top of the 9th when I was called to duty.

We won our 7th in a row as I pitched a 1-2-3 9th to close it out.

I didn't pitch in the finale but we were 6-1 winners making it 8 straight wins and 3 consecutive series sweeps. The Phillies are coming to town next four 4 games at Nationals Park.

#TheScriptIsDead

Or win streak went by the wayside as Philadelphia took game 1 but we bounced back with a win in game 2. I was asked to close game 3 as we had a 7-4 lead in the top of the 9th.

I allowed a pair of 1-out singles but closed the door after that and l preserved the 7-4 win.

In the series finale, we won again to improve to 48-28. We'll travel to Atlanta next.

#TheScriptIsDead