Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB The Show: steelerfan's RTTS Progress

• Facebook
  • Display
    I took the hill in the first of 4 with the Braves and preserved a 6-5 win despite allowing a triple and an intentional walk.

After another win and a loss, I got into game 4 with a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I pitched a perfect 9th and earned my 15th save and was named Player of the Game.

We took 3 of 4 in Atlanta to improve to 51-29 and our lead over the Braves is now 7.5 games. The Mariners (54-24) are heading to Washington next fire a 3 game series to close out the month of June.

#TheScriptIsDead

I didn't get into the Seattle series and we dropped 2 of 3 to end the month of June 2018. The Braves are coming to town to start the new month. Here's a look at where things stand entering July:

I've made 34 appearances and have pitched 26.1 innings. I still have no record and my ERA is down to 5.13 (0.96 over the last 10 games). I'm still perfect in 16 save opportunities and I have 9 holds, 17 strikeouts and 4 walks allowed. My WHIP has dropped to 1.29. Opponents are hitting .283 against me - righties are hitting .327, lefties .241.

#TheScriptIsDead

The Mariners still have the best record in baseball at 56-26. We have the second best, and best in the National League, at 52-31.

Toronto, 43-42, trails Baltimore by 2.5 games in the AL East; the Astros have the second worst (Yankees) record in the AL at 34-48; Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 45-39 while the Cubs are 4th at 39-45; Colorado is 2nd in the NL West at 47-37, 3 games behind the Dodgers.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got into the second game of the series with Atlanta as we took a 6-5 lead to the 9th.

After a passed ball allowed a prior 2-out single to move into scoring position, I was able to shut the door for the 6-5 win and earn Player of the Game honors.

I got another save opportunity the next afternoon, entering a 5-2 game in the top of the 9th.

I finally blew a save, allowing 4 runs on 3 hits and a walk in 0.2 of an inning as we lost 6-5. That gives me my first decision of the season as well.

Despite losing the series to Atlanta, we maintain a 5.5 game lead over the Braves as we travel to Chicago for 3 games at my old stomping ground - Wrigley Field.

#TheScriptIsDead

I returned to Wrigley, be called on to close game 1 with a 5-4 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

A runner reached 3rd after reaching on a passed ball third strike and being moved over on a single. However, I closed it out from there and we won it, 5-4.

We lost the next 2 at Wrigley and will travel to Denver to face the Colorado Rockies in a 3 game set with our record at 54-35. The Rockies are 52-38.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got into game 2 against the Rockies, with a 6-3 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

I struck out 1 and retired the side in order for my 19th save of the year. It wound up being the only game we won of the 3 in Denver.

After a day off, we'll play 3 in Philadelphia against the Phillies (35-57) and that series will take us to the All; Star Break.

#TheScriptIsDead

I was called upon immediately in the series with Philadelphia, coming in with a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th in game 1.

I blew another save, allowing a run on a double and a single all after I had recorded 2 outs. We wound up losing the game, 4-2, in 14 innings.

Following another loss in game 2, I came into a 8-5 game in the bottom of the 9th in game 3.

No damage as all I allowed was a lone single in earning my 20th save of 2018. The win takes us to the All-Star Break on a positive note.

We've dropped 5 straight series, going 5-10 during that stretch so the break couldn't come at a better time. At 56-39 our lead over the Braves has been trimmed to 1 game and we're now looking up at the Cardinals and Dodgers in the NL standings.

The Mariners still have the best record in baseball at 64-31; Toronto is 3rd in the AL East at 49-48; Houston is in the AL West cellar at 41-54; Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 50-46, while the Cubbies are 4th at 46-51; the Rockies are still 3 back of LA in the NL West at 54-42.

New York is Baseball Hell as the Yankees are the worst team in the AL and second only to baseball's worst team, the Mets.

#TheScriptIsDead

After losing 2 of 3 at home to Arizona, we traveled to Miami for 4 games. We lost the first 3 and I finally saw action again when I was called in to close the series finale.

I came on in the bottom of the 9th with a 3-2 lead. K, F9, K and the Marlins were dispatched 1-2-3 as I earned my 21st save of 2018 and earned Player of the Game honors again.

We did, however, lose a 7th consecutive series and we are 7-15 over that stretch. Our record stands at 58-44 and we're now 3 games behind Atlanta in the NL East. We have just a 2 game lead over Colorado for the last Wildcard spot and things are unraveling quickly. If we don't start stringing together some Ws, this season is going to turn into a "what could have been" scenario. With a few key players, including Bryce Harper, set to be Free Agents I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to Washington for the long haul.

We're traveling to LA next for 3 games with the Angels. It's past time that we got back to winning.

#TheScriptIsDead

After the first game in LA, the club made a deal that sent 1B Rey Davis to Arizona in exchange for SS Ian Desmond.

Desmond (81 OVR) is 32 and is a career .264 hitter who is hitting .261 this season with 11 HRs and 39 RBI.

Desmond should replace Aledmys Diaz (65 OVR) in the everyday lineup. Diaz, 27, must clear waivers now and is hitting just .224 with 6 HRs and 29 RBI so this looks to be a nice upgrade to our team.

Davis is a Top 50 Prospect at age 19 (72 OVR, A Potential). He's yet to debut in the Majors but he's hit .268 with 17 HRs and 68 RBI in AAA this year. That's a pretty big-time talent to give up for Desmond so I hope the move helps us get back on track.

#TheScriptIsDead

We dropped 2 of 3 in LA making 8 straight series lost. 8-17 over that span. Following the series, the club made another deal.

Washington sent SP Andres Ramirez to the Cubs for SP Jake Arrieta.

Arrieta (81 OVR), 31, is 5-5 with a 2.61 ERA this year while Ramirez (68 OVR, A Potential) is another minor league prospect that the club has let go. These moves, if nothing else, show that the Nationals organization is serious about winning now.

We traveled back home to host the hapless New York Mets and I saw action in game 1, coming on in the top of the 9th with a 4-2 deficit with 2 on and 1 out.

I induced a pair of groundouts to get us out of the jam and was called on to hit in the bottom half of the inning. By time I got to the plate, John Nance had hit a game-tying 2-run homer and Jhonatan Solano was on 1st with no outs.

The first pitch hit me on the outside of my right thigh and new National Ian Desmond followed that with a walk-off triple as we rallied for a 5-4 win, my first of the season.

#TheScriptIsDead

Aledmys Diaz was claimed off Waivers by Tampa Bayand Washington made a bizarre move after that.

The Nationals sent newly-acquired SS Ian Desmond to Minnesota for SP Adam London.

London (69 OVR, A Potential) is 21 and has not yet made his Major League debut. He's 3-1 with a 2.23 ERA in AAA this year.

The move gives the everyday SS role to rookie Brian Franks. Franks (67 OVR, B Potential) has hit .184 with a homer and 6 RBI in 49 at-bats with us this year.

We wound up sweeping the Mets and opening a 4-game home set with Milwaukee with another victory to end the month of July.

At month's end, we're 63-46, 1 game behind Atlanta and holding the top Wildcard spot.

Toronto is 3rd in the AL East at 53-55; Houston is last in the AL West at 47-61; Pittsburgh is 60-49 which puts them 3rd in the NL Central and just 1.5 games out of a Wildcard spot while the Cubs are 4th at 51-57; Colorado has fallen 5 games behind the Dodgers at 59-50.

In 42 appearances, I've pitched 33.2 innings and have a 1-1 record with a 5.35 ERA, 21 saves, 2 blown saves and 9 holds. I have struck out 21, walked 6 and have a WHIP of 1.28. The opposition is hitting .272 against me, including .314 by righties and .227 by lefties.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got a save opportunity in the second hand of the Milwaukee series. I was brought on to pitch the 9th with a 2-1 lead that we held despite being out-hit 10 to 1.

3 ground balls later, we had our 5 consecutive win and I had my 22nd save.

In game 3 I cane on to pitch the 11th inning in a 7-7 game. I let the first 2 hitters reach via a single and a walk but a K, L4 and F8 got me out of the jam and I stayed in to pitch the 12th.

I wound up taking a loss as a sacrifice fly in the 12th was enough to beat us, 8-7.

At 65-47, after ultimately taking 3 of 4 from Milwaukee, we're heading to St. Louis for 3 games.

#TheScriptIsDead

We lost 2 of 3 in St. Louis and I did not play. From there we went to Milwaukee for 3 with the Brew Crew.

The Brewers swept us and we headed home to face the Cubs.

I finally got another chance to pitch in game 3 of the series with the Cubs. I entered the game in the 12th with the score tied at 4.

I allowed a single and a walk but got a double play ball that bailed me out and we moved on to the 13th. I pitched a 1-2-3 13th and got a chance to hit in the bottom half.

Brian Franks stood at first with 1 away when I came to the plate. I lined a 2-2 pitch up the middle for a single to center, moving Franks to third. Austin Jackson ended things with a sacrifice fly and we walked off with a 5-4 win.

The victory improved my record to 2-2 as we took 2 of 3 from Chicago.

The Rockies are coming to town for 4 next.

#TheScriptIsDead

After taking 2 of the first 3 from Colorado, I got into game 4 with a 7-6 lead in the top of the 9th.

I blew another save opportunity, allowing 3 hits in 0.2 innings including a leadoff double and we lost 8-7 in 12.

After an off day, we'll host Houston for 2 games before hitting the road again.

#TheScriptIsDead

I got into the Astros series in game 2, leading 7-4 in the top of the 9th. It was my first chance to ever face the club that I grew up rooting for.

I retired the Astros in order and we managed a 2 game split with Houston. We'll have a day off before we hit the road to close the month against the Dodgers, A's and Marlins.

#TheScriptIsDead

We lost 2 of 3 in LA against the Dodgers and then headed to Oakland to face the Athletics. I got my first opportunity of the road trip in the finale in Oakland, coming on in the bottom of the 13th with a 4-3 lead.

I punched out Eric Sogard to end a 1-2-3 inning of work and earn my 24th save of the season.

We took 2 from the Athletics to improve to 74-59. We'll take a day off and then play 3 in Miami to finish up the month of August.

#TheScriptIsDead

We lost the opener with the Marlins but a 3 run 9th had us in front 3-2 going to the bottom half of the inning and giving me a chance to earn my 25th save in game 2.

The leadoff man reached on an E4 but a 5-4-3 and a K ended the night with a win for the club and save number 25 for me.

We lost the finale and the series to finish August at 75-61.

We are 6 games behind the Braves heading to September and are clinging to the second Wildcard spot, just 1 game ahead of the Pirates.

Toronto is 65-72 in 2nd in the AL East; Houston remains at the bottom of the NL West at 59-77; Pittsburgh is 3rd in the NL Central at 74-62 while the Cubs are 4th at 64-72; the Rockies have faded to 10.5 games back of the Dodgers at 69-67.

I've made 49 appearances, pitching 42.1 innings and I have a 2-2 record with an ERA of 4.68. I've recorded 25 saves with 3 blown saves and 9 holds. I have struck out 25, walked 8 and have a WHIP of 1.23. Opposing batters are hitting .267 against me (lefties .221, righties .307).

#TheScriptIsDead

We returned home to stay the stretch run of 2018 with 3 games with Philadelphia. I was called on to close game 1, coming in with a 2-0 lead in the top of the 9th.

I surrendered a leadoff single but nothing more as we got the 2-0 victory in the series opener.

We took game 2 as well and I was back on the hill in game 3 with a 4-1 lead on the top of the 9th with a chance to close out a 3 game sweep.

I allowed a leadoff single but also registered a strikeout in retiring the next 3 to close the game.

With the sweep of the Phillies or record stands at 78-61. We've moved within 5 games of Atlanta and have opened our lead over the Pirates to 2.5 games for the last playoff spot.

We have a day off before the Miami Marlins come to town for 3 games.

#TheScriptIsDead

We took 2 of 3 from the Marlins before hitting the road for 10 games beginning with 4 big ones in Pittsburgh.

We split the first 2 and I got into game 3 with a 4-3 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

The Pirates got runners on 1st and 2nd with a pair of 1-out singles but I struck out the next two to end it.

I was back on the mound for the series finale with a 3-1 lead in the bottom of the 9th.

Three up, three down, including a strikeout and we got a big series win over Pittsburgh, 3 games to 1. With that, our record is 83-63 and we trail Atlanta by just 4 games. Meanwhile, our lead over the Pirates for the last Wildcard spot has been pushed to 3.5 games.

The upcoming series is even bigger than the one in Pittsburgh. We're going to Atlanta for 3. We have 3 more with the Braves during the final week of the season and, if we can dominate them over those 6 games, we still have a shot to win the division.

We are 6-7 against Atlanta this season.

#TheScriptIsDead

I entered game 1 in Atlanta with a 4-1 lead on the 9th. I recorded save number 30 of 2018 as I gave up a single and struck one out to close out the 4-1 win and help us pull within 3 games of the Braves.

I was right back at it in game 2. This time our lead was just 1-0 in the bottom of the 9th with Freddie Freeman on 1st and nobody out.

I retired 3 in a row and the Braves lead was down to 2 games.

I was asked to close game 3 as well. This time we had a 9-5 lead with 2 on and no outs in the bottom of the 10th.

I couldn't close things out as I allowed a run on 2 hits and both of the runners I inherited scored but we held on for a 9-8 win and a huge sweep in Atlanta to pull with a single game of the Braves.

In the process, we've also tied the Cardinals at 86-63 for the top Wildcard spot and were both 5.5 ganged ahead of Pittsburgh.

We're 6-1 on the current road trip and we'll close it out next, with 3 in Philly.

#TheScriptIsDead