Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EA SPORTS NCAA Football 1993-2013

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    who's the dumb ass that typed that this ?
    You.

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    who's the dumb ass that typed that ? most people buy/bought both games to begin with.
    False. I remember an EA dev who stated the cross ownership of both games was less than 10%. Surprised me but just the facts.

I was just thinking yesterday that it was the day that NCAA Football normally released. Great memories! I used to take two weeks of vacation in mid-July (back when I had a job that gave me four weeks of vacation). I did it in large part because of the release of NCAA Football. I would go to a midnight release or to Wal-Mart and get the game, then come home and kick the tires a bit. For the next two weeks, I hoped it would rain so I didn't feel TOO guilty about staying inside playing NCAA Football. Great times starting up new dynasties or playing a few familiar rivals online. It feels like a significant part of my life ended when the franchise ended.

I won't be getting a PS4, because NCAA is the only game I played with any regularity. I would pick up Madden most years, but often it would just collect dust. I played a few series of last year's Madden after buying it for the Sunday Ticket option. If I need my Madden fix, I may just bust out that game. I will be playing NCAA '14 for the foreseeable future. It was a pretty tight game, a nice send-off. I just hope they keep up the servers so we can play online or (more important for me) upload and retrieve our in-game screenshots. I didn't play a lot this year because real life was happening (in a good way), but I still plan on working my current dynasty for a long time, and I'm only year Year 5.

One good thing: No more posts badgering roster makers for a timetable!

Quote Originally Posted by BDawg35 View Post
    I was just thinking yesterday that it was the day that NCAA Football normally released. Great memories! I used to take two weeks of vacation in mid-July (back when I had a job that gave me four weeks of vacation). I did it in large part because of the release of NCAA Football. I would go to a midnight release or to Wal-Mart and get the game, then come home and kick the tires a bit. For the next two weeks, I hoped it would rain so I didn't feel TOO guilty about staying inside playing NCAA Football. Great times starting up new dynasties or playing a few familiar rivals online. It feels like a significant part of my life ended when the franchise ended.

I won't be getting a PS4, because NCAA is the only game I played with any regularity. I would pick up Madden most years, but often it would just collect dust. I played a few series of last year's Madden after buying it for the Sunday Ticket option. If I need my Madden fix, I may just bust out that game. I will be playing NCAA '14 for the foreseeable future. It was a pretty tight game, a nice send-off. I just hope they keep up the servers so we can play online or (more important for me) upload and retrieve our in-game screenshots. I didn't play a lot this year because real life was happening (in a good way), but I still plan on working my current dynasty for a long time, and I'm only year Year 5.

One good thing: No more posts badgering roster makers for a timetable!
    BDizzle 4 shizzle! Glad to see you here. I still be wantin' my RASTAHS!

My history with this game goes back since I've been playing EA's version of College Football since Bill Walsh back on Sega. My goodness I loved that game. I also have been playing Madden since I could remember, but was more into the College Football series then the NCAA Football series in 98 (when Randy Moss was at Marshall and was uber unstoppable on a fly route. I remember playing those games and even at my age thinking of things that could help improve it. Of course I don't remember any of those ideas now but I just compared it to the things I was seeing on TV and thinking "that would be neat if it were in the game". It's also the reason I dreamed of getting into the video game industry. I planned on working for EA Sports lol.

My cousins and I would play against one another and have tournaments all night. Once the series featured Dynasty/season mode we would each take our team then whoever was scheduled to play the CPU..one of us would play as the CPU so every game would be tough and against another user. Between us 4 we played all night and every game sure enough was competitive since we knew what each other was doing. I can remember before online gaming came we would mail a memory card back and forth in order to play a season together as well.

I use to play both NCAA and Madden religiously up until 2007-2008 (Reggie Bush cover). The game started to decline after moving to next-gen (Xbox, which is the version I had) IMO and the way I grew up playing it wasn't there either which moreso changed it as well, as my time to dedicate to both games did also. Was never a big online play randoms fan since the version prior (Desmond Howard) so that wasn't going to keep me playing. I still purchased both games typically every year from 2007 to now, but my attention span never lasted long with the NCAA series once Madden came out the following month. Being in sim NCAA leagues kept me playing more than I would have. I know when I met CLW om '07 and he was running the NNCCS league (which I'll add I won the National Championship in hahaha) that kept me into the NCAA series more. Another league on Tradition Sports kept me playing as well back then. After that I've been geared toward Madden once I found a sim Community in 2008 that is based primarily for Madden. The past several versions I've purchased NCAA almost solely from the feedback and information from CDJ, JB and G as far back as prior to TGT forming. Those guys can get you hyped and ready for anything once they start posting reams and streams of information . Appreciate the direct and honest answers you guys would give me over PM's so many times.

I still don't play randoms online in either of the games much if at all so now the only way I play NCAA is in the OD's here. Actually the reason I purchased '14 again recently was to play in the Powerhouse OD. I got YouTube'd watching G's and OB's Dynasty videos and caught a flash back...this one did it

Hate to see the end of the series because although I played it rarely after Madden, still enjoyed it when played with the right group of guys. Waiting for a good roster set was like a drug it seemed. I've already been playing Madden more so there won't be any change for me. One reason I stopped playing both games at the same time was because the button configurations started to change from NCAA to Madden. So everytime I played NCAA, I would go back and mess up while playing Madden and vice versa. I forget when that changed, but in the past I know it had an "old style" configuration that you could set.

I'll still be playing NCAA 14 until the servers are turned off or as long as the Powerhouse OD is going. Good thing about it being on PS3 and Madden on PS4, the controllers are different so my adjustment from playing both will be better.

Would have loved to have made the trip down to the studio just to experience the design, creative process of a video game in general. However my application must have not went through haha.

Any one wanna start up a fresh OD? I'd be down but I couldn't play daily because of work but could a couple games a week in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    False. I remember an EA dev who stated the cross ownership of both games was less than 10%. Surprised me but just the facts.
    I think I've bought 1-2 Maddens in the last 15+ years.

I've bought both every year except NCAA 2000 Weinke. I didn't have a PS2 yet.

If most people bought both, Madden wouldn't have millions of more copies sold each year. Some bought one, some bought the other, some bought both.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    BDizzle 4 shizzle! Glad to see you here. I still be wantin' my RASTAHS!
    I saw a Facebook post from TGT. I vaguely remembered having a log-in here. I'm not ballin' much these days. I think it's been about two months since I picked up the sticks. My dynasty is heading into the bowl game in Year 5. By now, I'd have about 15-17 seasons knocked down back in the day. You know, back in the day when I was married to someone who didn't make it worth my while to come to bed early.

But any-who ...

You're in H-town now? You posting up with Yragha?

Quote Originally Posted by BDawg35 View Post
    I saw a Facebook post from TGT. I vaguely remembered having a log-in here. I'm not ballin' much these days. I think it's been about two months since I picked up the sticks. My dynasty is heading into the bowl game in Year 5. By now, I'd have about 15-17 seasons knocked down back in the day. You know, back in the day when I was married to someone who didn't make it worth my while to come to bed early.

But any-who ...

You're in H-town now? You posting up with Yragha?
    FROSTY!

Nah man I haven't heard from Rags in ages. Unfortunately, once the GBN was layed to rest everyone went their separate ways.

NNCCS!!

I appreciate the game, still have NCAA 09, 11, 13, and 14 all on PS3. I don't currently own a copy of Madden, the pro game just isn't for me, I enjoyed being able to play different schools and different styles of play, the pro game was all too much the same.

I agree 100% with the statement, "If NCAA 15 came out I'd be first in line to purchase a PS4". This is where I think they are losing money, for me it would not only be a no brainier to purchase the latest installment of NCAA but I'd then start buying the new PGA game, FIFA, etc...on the PS4...

Thanks to all those that have made this site possible. This is one of the few forum-type sites that I've been to that has mature people, or somehow seems to weed the kids out. All the other sites seem to have multiple posts that turn into arguments and bashing and all sorts of stuff that I just don't have time for in my life. It's nice to come here and talk football, video games, PC games all sorts of stuff and not get some idiot responding or whatever they call it "trolling" I think those troll type people should have their own forum, let them eat each other like on Lord of the Flies.

Anyways, thanks again I still enjoy NCAA on PS3. If a college football game comes out for PS4 I'm there dude!

Gig 'Em AGGIES!

Gus '99

It's the traditional weekend before release, right? This is where the EA Access people would be giving impressions and JB, G, and CDJ would be playing early copies.

I think release was usually the second Tuesday of July/first full week of July, but we're pretty close to that time of year.

It's funny. If it wasn't brought up here, I wouldn't have even thought about it.

NCAA and it's release were HUGE for me for many, many years. It was the most anticipated day of the year for me, the day my gaming calendar began. NCAA in July, Madden in August, NHL in September. For years I barely played anything else (except for a baseball title every few years).

However, after never getting NCAA 14 and being 2 years removed from its release (3 years from the last NCAA I have) I just don't have any thoughts about it any more. I'd love to see it come back but life has gone on without it.