Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Options for Death Penalty OD settings

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm good with whatever we decide to do. Was just a thought.

I've finished creating Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, & LSU in TeamBuilder.

I'm still of the mindset that that's the best way to go... the downside being only that our alternate uniforms will be less.

For the teams I've created, I followed this process:
    1. Set school name, nickname, etc. based on the real team
    2. Set coach name a derivative of each coach's username (ie Lazy Dayz, One Back, Skip Wondah, etc.) That shouldn't matter though as we'll be creating our own coaches.
    3. Set school prestige to
    4. Set both primary & secondary logos to the in-game logo
    5. Used the logos to pick the team colors
    6. Used the in-game stadium & field art
    7. Used the primary uniform pieces and the most recent alternates available in TB
    8. Chose the team's mascot from in-game
    9. Set all program ratings to D- except Academic is set to C
    10. Set the Offensive playbook to the team's playbook (defense defaults at 4-3) but won't matter once we create our coaches.

For the roster, I followed these steps:
    1. Created an OD using the Death Penalty rosters so that I can browse the rosters and TeamBuilder side by side
    2. In TB, set each team's roster template as their own (ie Arkansas uses the Arkansas template) so that pipelines will be based on that team.
    3. I then edited each of the players based on the DP rosters concentrating on the key ratings for each player. I did double check so that you don't have a QB with 90MCV or the like.
    4. Any left over players on the TB roster, I set to a Senior and lowered every rating to 1 so they can't be used elsewhere and so that they won't effect use when it comes to Team Needs in recruiting.

For #3 above, once I've completed your team, you'll want to take a look at it so that if you have a player that you planned to move to another position after the first season, you'll want to make sure his key attributes are there. I checked on these for just about everyone but I may have missed one here & there.

I'm going to keep working through today and maybe some more later tonight. I hope to have them all completed by the end of the weekend at the latest.

If that is the downside, I can live with it. I think this is the best way.
    The dude abides.

Michigan is completed.

Also, one other note... if you look at your TeamBuilder team, you'll notice that the FS & SS OVRs are lower than they should be. For some reason, TB calculates their OVRs wrong but once they're brought into the game, everything is correct.

Nebraska done.

That leaves 6 more schools: Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Texas, UCLA, & USC.

Does the stadiums and their effect carry over? Pretty much only reason I chose LSU other than the gold helmet, purple uni and yellow pants combo...otherwise known as their alternate uni.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Does the stadiums and their effect carry over? Pretty much only reason I chose LSU other than the gold helmet, purple uni and yellow pants combo...otherwise known as their alternate uni.
    You'll still have the stadium but I'm not sure how the home field advantage will work. You'll still have their gold/purple/yellow uniform combo as well.

Here's links for each of the schools if you want to take a look at them on the web:
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Florida
    LSU
    Michigan
    Nebraska

If those don't work, this search result should:
    http://www.easports.com/teambuilder#...dt;ps3:1;sku:4

If you have any feedback about the uniforms, example if you want a different alternate or want me to create a custom alternate (give specifics), feel free to let me know and I can tweak them.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-03-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Cool hopefully home field advantage too.

Will the white helmet be available as well? Not a big deal if not I know that uni was the Pro Combat one.

Cool hopefully home field advantage too.

Will the white helmet be available as well? Not a big deal if not I know that uni was the Pro Combat one.
    Yes, you'll have the white helmet. Open the link above (or download it in game) and you can see all of the uniform combinations.

Tried link from phone but haven't from computer yet. Will in game here soon.

Checked it out. Looks good man, thanks G.

Position changes aren't in effect yet are they?

Checked it out. Looks good man, thanks G.

Position changes aren't in effect yet are they?
    Yeah... I'm pretty sure I got yours already. Let me know if I missed something.

Thought one of my DT's was to OLine. I had 4 DT's and I still show as 4. Should have gave me 3 unless you had to add some guys to roster.

I know I only had 2 changes lol

Don't even remember their names

Thought one of my DT's was to OLine. I had 4 DT's and I still show as 4. Should have gave me 3 unless you had to add some guys to roster.

I know I only had 2 changes lol

Don't even remember their names
    Yeah, your moves were:
    Name Old
    Pos
    New
    Pos
    David Murphy DT LG
    Chase McInctyre ROLB LOLB

But because you have to have 4 DTs, I moved your worst OL (Steve Fuller) to DT to give you 4.

Thought I had to have more lineman reason I moved the DT over. Thinking of the Madden requirement may me different on NCAA.

Oh and no doesn't preserve home field advantage. Our stadium records are zero and we are placed at end. Strangely the squibbly stuff is still there though.

That was a great scrimmage too man
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 07-03-2014 at 11:56 PM.

One issue with TeamBuilder that I don't recall them fixing is the random assigning of redshirts when opening a dynasty. So there's that to consider.

G, did you try to replicate the Class for everyone? I noticed a lot more Seniors than I have. Maybe others won't care; just I noticed. Or is this something you're slowly updating

Also, are we sure that reducing all of our Recruiting Pitches is necessary or in our best interests? I don't know what the normal result of 5-years of Death Penalty is, but I would still think some of the pitches would be better than D-. But if it's necessary to reduce our contract wins, then so be it.
    Oh and no doesn't preserve home field advantage. Our stadium records are zero and we are placed at end. Strangely the squibbly stuff is still there though.
    True, though (thankfully) they finally made it so you could actually move up the list with a TeamBuilder team, and quickly. Much better than it was when I used it
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

You're right about redshirts... there's no way to assign redshirts in TB so those won't be accurate across the board. That said though, my thought is that few if any of these players are going to be long term solutions so redshirts won't play too big of a deal IMO. Plus, some who haven't redshirted will already be marked redshirted whereas others who have will be marked without a redshirt so it balances itself out in the end.

As far as the Seniors, I'm assuming you're seeing all of the dummy players that were in the template that I couldn't get rid of. Since our Death Penalty teams only have ~50 players on the roster and the template has ~65, the extras I just assigned as Seniors and set all of their ratings to 1. That way they can't contribute and plus they won't effect playing time, team needs, etc. since they graduate after the first season.

For the pitches, we can certainly play with bumping some of those up. I did drop them all just to make sure that the contract is as low as possible but it's certainly something we can play around with to find a good balance. If you want to test creating a team on TB and adjusting their ratings up & down to see what the contracts end up in an OD, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Ugh ... pisses me off that they don't have the 2012 Pro Combat uniforms available for OSU. They're the only halfway decent Pro Combat unis we have, and they're the only ones that aren't available.

Part of me wants to switch to Air Force, just because they're significantly more bad-ass uniforms. But, oh well, they'd be much, much harder to actually play with.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud