Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Options for Death Penalty OD settings

• Facebook
  • Display

Options for Death Penalty OD settings

I've done some research and decided these are our 3 options:

Option Description Pros Cons
    Higher Tier Conferences All teams stay in their respective conferences. Contract goals lowered as much as possible but still moderately high (9 wins). Challenging Almost guaranteed that we're all fired our first season.
    Lower Tier Conferences All teams moved to a lower conference (SBC, MAC, MWC). Contract goals lowered as much as possible but still moderately high (9 wins) Better chance to get closer to 9 wins We're not playing against Powerhouse schools. Still strong chance of being fired first season.
    TeamBuilder
    Teams
    Teams stay in their respective conferences. Teams are built in TeamBuilder using the current Death Penalty rosters. School ratings lowered to lowest possible. Contract goals much lower at 5 wins. Challenging. Lower contract goals, very unlikely to be fired. Not playing with true teams. Can't use all alternate uniforms, only those built in TeamBuilder. Will require time to manually input rosters in to TB.

Based on what I've found, you can't lower certain school ratings so therefore the lowest I can get Florida to is around 8-9 wins minimum. However, with TeamBuilder teams, you can lower every rating to a D- (except academics lowest is C) and therefore contract goals are much lower. We could play with this to potentially find the right mix.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 07-02-2014 at 04:25 PM.

If someone doesn't mind doing the TeamBuilder stuff I'm all for it. Lowering the prestiege probably will lower the possibility of getting fired.
    The dude abides.

I like the Lower Tier Conferences option. It gives us all the challenge we need without taking a beating from the powerhouse teams. Give us a couple years with our teams in the MAC,SBA,MWC.(we can even take the best teams out of these conf.) Then we'll see where we're at to make the jump back into our regular powerhouse conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    If someone doesn't mind doing the TeamBuilder stuff I'm all for it. Lowering the prestiege probably will lower the possibility of getting fired.
    Yes. I created my Florida team on TeamBuilder, set all of the school ratings to D- and then started a new OD. My contract requirements were 5 wins. Even if you were to only win 1 or 2 games, you're very unlikely to be fired on a contract that low.

I'd be willing to do the TeamBuilder setup for each team, though it make take me some time with the holiday weekend coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Yes. I created my Florida team on TeamBuilder, set all of the school ratings to D- and then started a new OD. My contract requirements were 5 wins. Even if you were to only win 1 or 2 games, you're very unlikely to be fired on a contract that low.

I'd be willing to do the TeamBuilder setup for each team, though it make take me some time with the holiday weekend coming up.
    I'm not in an uber rush (with the holiday starting). It's like our usual waiting period for when the new NCAA game came out anyways if you don't mind, I say let's go for it. It gives us the most realistic death penalty OD option IMO.
    The dude abides.

I like our current set up and conferences

Being fired isn't end all is it? We simply join again right? We won't gain much XP anyway to be substantial so starting over XP wouldn't be detrimental IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    I like our current set up and conferences

Being fired isn't end all is it? We simply join again right? We won't gain much XP anyway to be substantial so starting over XP wouldn't be detrimental IMO.
    Rejoining over & over could cause bugs eventually. The biggest issue with losing your coach level/XP is that if someone doesn't get fired, they may finish the season at level 8 (I've seen it in some of my sims) so that means you're just further into a hole... a rich get richer sort of thing.

I'm actually kind of surprised we didn't decide to go the team builder route to begin with just due to ease of setup for what we're wanting to do. It'd be nice as well however to have someone control over how my team is constructed by building it myself via team builder much like if a real coach were to hold tryouts for a new team he'd be looking for a certain number of players at each position. I understand that comes with a new set of challenges however, we'd have to come up with a set up rules we'd all have to abide by when constructing our team - whats the highest and average OVR we must have for our team, average attributes by position, etc. That being said, if we could come up with a framework of average attributes per position potentially using the roster we already have put together I'd be willing to ensure all the rules are being followed. I've got Friday - Wednesday off so I'd have some time to double check everything.

I'm tired and sort of rambled so here's a quick breakdown of what I'm thinking on QB speed:

***numbers are random***

QB SPD high - 82
    QB SPD low - 55
    QB SPD avg - 68

Going by this the highest you could have your QB speed attribute is 82, the low really wouldn't matter, but the average speed of all your quarterbacks on the roster couldn't exceed 68. We'd create a rule for each attribute for each player prior to building our team.

I know its a lot of work but I could probably have the high and averages worked out by EOD tomorrow or sometime Friday at the latest.

I'd rather just go that route still or just go the pick powerhouse teams as is or updated 2014-2015 rosters.

Could always schedule cupcake non conference teams

I wouldn't mind team builder....been dying to use my LSC Outlaws since we had that 5 game run in 2010?

I just don't care for the creation/building method much. Just want to play. Hell I'd join the current Powerhouse season if it continued.

Like the idea of us starting from bottom. Really not sure why the option to turn off Carousel wasn't included.

As much as I don't care for playing on lower setting could go All-American difficulty first 2 seasons or so and whatever recruiting difficulty you guys have used. Then when teams build up a little go Heisman.

In the end I'm a newcomer again and will go the route of the rest of you guys. Just was excited with LSU lol

I personally am not in favor of us building our teams from scratch on TeamBuilder and really not big on the idea of using actual created teams. My idea was just to create the existing teams we'll be using (Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, LSU, etc.) in TeamBuilder and using the Death Penalty rosters.

I'll go along with whatever is decided, just voicing my opinion.

While I understand the team improved TeamBuilder a lot since I made my 1995 Buckeyes, there were a lot of limitations, and I'm not sure all have been resolved. I wouldn't prefer to go down that route, though like G I'm okay with what everyone else wants. But I agree with him that just creating our DP teams in TB is the right way to go. Otherwise there's so many rules and whatever to discuss.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm like skip, I just want to play lol. If we do the teambuilder thing, I'd rather import the death penalty rosters into it than do creation. I would change Michigan's default away uniform though.

I'm good with whatever really, just so as long I can play with all of Oregon's uniforms as that's one of the reasons I chose them.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    I'm good with whatever really, just so as long I can play with all of Oregon's uniforms as that's one of the reasons I chose them.
    If we went TeamBuilder, you would only get 2 helmets, 4 jerseys, and 2 pants.

Quote Originally Posted by marcotte14 View Post
    Yeah that and the stadium was only reason I wanted them as well lol

I say we go with the current setup as using the existing teams with the new rosters that G has. If we get fired then we just rejoin as our old team. Granted there is the XP bug but since we will all probably get fired then the bug will affect us all. The issue now with the bug is that some people are still gaining XP and new users would not. If for some reason there are a few coaches that don't get fired then after a few seasons they can just retire and rejoin so they can't progress or they simply cannot add coaching skills so we are all at the same level. We can set the Coach XP to the max 20 after a few years when we would have been up to that level anyway.

The only issue I see is with history and coach prestige but I'm ok with that so we can actually do the DP route.

I don't want to do the lower tier conferences so we can possibly get 9 wins the first couple of years since to me that seems to negate doing the DP since there really shouldn't be a way that a team coming off of the DP would be able to get 9 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I personally am not in favor of us building our teams from scratch on TeamBuilder and really not big on the idea of using actual created teams. My idea was just to create the existing teams we'll be using (Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, LSU, etc.) in TeamBuilder and using the Death Penalty rosters.

I'll go along with whatever is decided, just voicing my opinion.
    Yeah I knew what you meant with the TeamBuilder choice, and that's what I think is the best. It allows to lower our prestiege and not get fired.
    The dude abides.