Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse v. 3.0 - Death Penalty Settings

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    No worries, I still need to figure out how to play this game
    Me too lol

And also thanks G for this. If you need help on the program/PC side let me know. I'm in front of a computer all day

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    So it appears my testing does indeed work. I was able to copy the rosters from the dynasty into a roster file and then use that to load into a new dynasty.

The process from start to finish is a bit of a pain in the ass, between the time it takes to a sim a season and then the fact that I have to stop prior to each offseason, recreate each coach as well as stop at player cuts and cut for each team. At any rate, it can be done, it just make take me some time and obviously I won't be able to start until we finalize our 12th team. We're probably looking at next week at the earliest that I could have a roster file ready to go... assuming we find a 12th today.
    Very awesome. So once you're done, you'll just put the rosters in your locker, and then I can start setting up the OD?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Very awesome. So once you're done, you'll just put the rosters in your locker, and then I can start setting up the OD?
    Yeah... that's the plan.

I've hit a snag... I was able to sim through 5 seasons and get all of the teams around the level that we were wanting them. However, when I bring them over to the PC, the rosters are corrupt (ie I can't copy them out of the dynasty file). I can copy the teams & coaches but not the rosters (my guess is that since I'm cutting teams down to skeleton crew, there aren't enough players). I'm going to do some more troubleshooting tomorrow to see if I can find out a way around this but at this point, worst case scenario is manually typing them which wouldn't completely terrible but I'd prefer to find another way.

Question does using the coaching boosts or whatever adversely effect your team vs not using them?

Reason I ask after reading Coach's post I'm likely to do the same instead of using them as boosts for the team. Just want to make sure that won't put me at a substantial disadvantage to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Question does using the coaching boosts or whatever adversely effect your team vs not using them?

Reason I ask after reading Coach's post I'm likely to do the same instead of using them as boosts for the team. Just want to make sure that won't put me at a substantial disadvantage to everyone else.
    You'll definitely have to use them. Otherwise, you'll take 4 weeks to scout a player instead of 1 (once the scouting trait is maxed). As well, while everyone else is offering 700 points per week, you're offering 500 and will quickly get you into a hole. That's a big part of the reason that we're starting over... there's a bug in OD that after you get 4-5 seasons in, if someone new joins, they no longer get coach XP so they longer can build up their coach.

Rosters are completed!

I've got a set uploaded to my EA Locker which will essentially be the set that we'll be using. It's not 100% finalized (ie JB don't start the OD yet) as I still need to do some testing and tweaking to try to get our coach contracts to have low requirements, but as far as the teams themselves, they're essentially done. One note, when looking at the rosters, the team order is jumbled... all of our teams appear near the beginning (Air Force, Akron, Arkansas, Auburn, Alabama, Florida, etc.) This won't be an issue though as once we get to the dynasty, it sorts itself out.

To give you an idea, here's what we're working with:
    Team OVR OFF DEF Best OFF Player Best DEF Player
    Arkansas 60 59 63 HB - 78OVR (3 HBs > 75) LOLB - 74OVR
    Auburn 60 61 61 HB - 76OVR FS - 77OVR
    Florida 60 59 61 WR - 79OVR LOLB - 78OVR
    LSU 53 57 52 QB - 76OVR ROLB - 72OVR
    Michigan 60 61 61 QB - 76OVR ROLB - 75OVR
    Nebraska 61 60 65 HB - 80OVR CB - 80OVR
    Ohio State 59 55 63 QB - 73OVR MLB - 76OVR
    Oregon 55 53 59 HB - 71OVR MLB - 79OVR
    Penn State 55 53 60 QB - 74OVR FS - 75OVR
    Texas 61 61 63 HB - 78OVR DT - 77OVR
    UCLA 53 55 54 WR - 74OVR SS - 71OVR
    USC 61 65 59 WR - 80OVR LOLB - 72OVR

To build the rosters, each team had their recruiting turned off and at the end of each season, I cut the best players to get down to the lowest team I could get. However, in the 5th offseason, I cut anyone over 80OVR and also cut the worst players to get the barest minimum available at each position (based on your team's offensive playbook; defenses were all based on 4-3). If for any reason someone doesn't like how I performed the 5th offseason, I have it saved prior to the start of the 5th season as well as the 5th offseason recruiting so I can reload that and go through it again if needed.

Other than recruiting do they effectively matter?

I recall there being one for players playing better on the road, fatigue, etc

Mainly those I was referring to. The scouting one I imagine is huge which should be, but seems like the others should be predicated on performance you would think. The better you are on the road, the better the players deal with the crowd, etc.

Edit: Good deal on the build of roster. I'm not sure what Defense I will even run but I know it won't be 4-3. Probably 3-4 or 3-3-5. Not sure.
    Last edited by skipwondah33; 06-27-2014 at 09:33 AM.

As mentioned, I'm still trying to get the team contract levels to be more within the level of our teams, however I can't quite figure out where they're stored in the save file. My hope was that if I copied the team files from the dynasty that it would also bring along poorer contracts, however in my initial test, Florida still wanted me to win 11 games my first season. I'm still testing with it but I don't know that I'll be able to come up with a solution.

If I'm not able to get it worked out, my best thought at this point would be to have us each join the lower conferences (MWC, MAC, & SBC) so that at least we have lower conference competition... as well, that would help limit our conference prestige rating in regards to recruiting.
    Last edited by gschwendt; 06-27-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Other than recruiting do they effectively matter?

I recall there being one for players playing better on the road, fatigue, etc

Mainly those I was referring to. The scouting one I imagine is huge which should be, but seems like the others should be predicated on performance you would think. The better you are on the road, the better the players deal with the crowd, etc.

Edit: Good deal on the build of roster. I'm not sure what Defense I will even run but I know it won't be 4-3. Probably 3-4 or 3-3-5. Not sure.
    In our current/previous iteration of Powerhouse, I didn't start filling in the HC gameplay ones until after I had essentially filled out the recruiting ones. However, you also have OC & DC traits such as +1 THA, +1 CAR, +1 PMV/FMV, etc. I'll leave it up to you to decide whether to use them or not but in our current situation, I would certainly recommend using them.

Gotcha, thanks G

Going through Florida's roster, I see several position swaps that I'd like to do... any thoughts on moving players around in the roster? For example, I have two LOLBs that are 76 & 78 OVR (ROLB is 73 OVR), however my MLB is 53 OVR. I'd like to move one of my LOLBs to MLB. Additionally, I'm planning to probably run a 20 personnel offense with two FBs (no HBs) at most times... I'd like to move one of my FBs to HB.

Any thoughts? After you guys go through your teams, I'd be happy to do the same for yours, within reason of course.

G that sounds reasonable to me, wouldn't see why not honestly unless you guys know something I don't.

I will have my game this afternoon or tomorrow I'm sure, so can't go through my roster yet but I may be interested in changes such as yours on Defense. LB to LB, CB to S, etc.

No worries. Thanks for all the work. Once you get everything set up, let me know how you want it all to be set up.
    The dude abides.

Tossing out a crazy thought here... what if we held a draft of players from these teams? Using the PC tool, I could easily swap teams for these players.

I could build a spreadsheet with every player from our 12 teams and then we all go through and draft to build our starting roster (no sense in ~50 rounds). Obviously it would take a bit of time but I think it could add an awesome dynamic to this.

Like I said though, just a crazy thought.

I thought we were taking all players down to 40 OVR?

I'll just take my crappy players G instead of draft lol

But I will go with whatever the majority is not a deal breaker either way.

Quote Originally Posted by psuexv View Post
    I thought we were taking all players down to 40 OVR?
    No... that was just to get our teams in the tank and hopefully lower the quality of our teams (ie lower contract restrictions). The plan all along was to have halfway decent teams after season 5.

As far as the draft, I'm good with whatever as well, just a crazy thought that I came up with.

I would also rather keep my team than draft. If we drafted I would want to draft the majority of my team, not just the starters, because my system relies on me having a certain/complex depth.

Also if you are doing position changes, can you move my MLB Tony Cummings to ROLB and move ROLB Nick Alexander to MLB, MLB Jason Baker to LOLB and move LOLB William Bell to MLB.

How are ya'll seeing the rosters already?