Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Powerhouse v. 3.0 - Death Penalty Settings

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Sweet if we can find a 12th soon, I can do a draw for picking teams, unless we want to mutually just pick. If so, I kinda want to get out of the south and play as Oregon or Nebraska.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    I don't mind if folks have a connection to a team that they take it (JB to Nebraska, Razor to Arkansas, Papa to Texas, etc.) and then the rest of us draft teams... of course cage matches for marcotte/Jeff & snoop/exv.

So basically the item of business now is do we draft teams or should we just go for it since everyone is equal?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    I don't mind if folks have a connection to a team that they take it (JB to Nebraska, Razor to Arkansas, Papa to Texas, etc.) and then the rest of us draft teams... of course cage matches for marcotte/Jeff & snoop/exv.
    Hah, we posted at the same time.
    The dude abides.

If I get in I wanted Oregon haha

But I don't have a particular tie to any team.

It seems like Oregon is a popular choice as I want them too!. I will also consider FSU or OSU.

Snoop can have PSU, I'd like to roll with old faithful USC.

Alright, I'll create a thread, use random.org, and we'll draft. Does anyone know who would want to be a 12th? Or are we just going to roll with 11?
    The dude abides.

So I've started tinkering with the ability to export PS3 save files, edit them, then bring them back to the PS3. This will obviously be very handy for editing the rosters to set all of our players to low ratings. I'll be starting with the TGT rosters so that we have real coach names.

That said, I can also edit team information such as prestige, facility ratings, etc. I would say we would want to edit every team's prestige down to but I'd say the rest we leave alone so that each team has unique characteristics. Let me know any thoughts or questions but this will certainly make things easier as we go forward.

Right now I've just tested editing the default roster for Alabama down to 1 for each key attribute (throwing, catching, speed, etc.) and was able to bring them back to the PS3.

Here's a screenshot of what the program looks like. It requires downloading several programs but once you get them, it's not very difficult at all.

Alright, I'll create a thread, use random.org, and we'll draft. Does anyone know who would want to be a 12th? Or are we just going to roll with 11?
    I'm sure we can find 1 more person by this evening, try to make it 12 to make it easier for scheduling purposes.

So I've started tinkering with the ability to export PS3 save files, edit them, then bring them back to the PS3. This will obviously be very handy for editing the rosters to set all of our players to low ratings. I'll be starting with the TGT rosters so that we have real coach names.

That said, I can also edit team information such as prestige, facility ratings, etc. I would say we would want to edit every team's prestige down to but I'd say the rest we leave alone so that each team has unique characteristics. Let me know any thoughts or questions but this will certainly make things easier as we go forward.

Right now I've just tested editing the default roster for Alabama down to 1 for each key attribute (throwing, catching, speed, etc.) and was able to bring them back to the PS3.

Here's a screenshot of what the program looks like. It requires downloading several programs but once you get them, it's not very difficult at all.

WOW. Where was this years ago
    The dude abides.

My fear is that we can't turn off Coaching Carousel in dynasties this year. Obviously that would make things rather difficult for us. I'm not sure if there's a work-around or not...

My fear is that we can't turn off Coaching Carousel in dynasties this year. Obviously that would make things rather difficult for us. I'm not sure if there's a work-around or not...

There isn't an option later on in the steps of setting up?
    The dude abides.

There isn't an option later on in the steps of setting up?
    I don't find the option. I also see folks on OS complaining about it as well... apparently it's new in NCAA14.

I think now our options would have to be to use the roster editor to kill the rosters & kill the teams (set prestige, win/loss records, pro potential, stability, tradition, TV exposure, BCS ranking, etc. to really low levels), and then take over our teams after 2 or 3 seasons (since starting contract is 5 seasons). I'm still testing with everything but right now that's what I see as an option.

K, keep working it out and let me know.
    The dude abides.

Latest theory/suggestion...

I create an offline dynasty and go through all of the steps we originally intended for each team (kill rosters, cut players, etc.) Continue simming until I get to the start of season 6. Once I get to Season 6, then I copy those rosters/team ratings/coaches (using the save file export trick) from the offline dynasty into the new roster file. Then we create a new OD and use the data from the simmed dynasty as the data for the start of season 1.

The only thing we'd miss out on is the offseason for Season 5.

I'm still in the middle of testing this theory but I think it might work.

I'm cool with that.
    The dude abides.

Thanks E! I wanted PSU

So apparently when simming, you can have 1 SPD, 1 CAR, 1 CTH, but a good RET rating and still return two kickoffs for TD. I guess lesson learned so that I can set the RET rating to 1 as well.

FYI, I'm still testing things for the offline dynasty portion. I'm trying to find a way to make sure our coaches aren't fired if I can avoid it... though worst case scenario, in the offline, I just create another coach and take the team back over.

So it appears my testing does indeed work. I was able to copy the rosters from the dynasty into a roster file and then use that to load into a new dynasty.

The process from start to finish is a bit of a pain in the ass, between the time it takes to a sim a season and then the fact that I have to stop prior to each offseason, recreate each coach as well as stop at player cuts and cut for each team. At any rate, it can be done, it just make take me some time and obviously I won't be able to start until we finalize our 12th team. We're probably looking at next week at the earliest that I could have a roster file ready to go... assuming we find a 12th today.

No worries, I still need to figure out how to play this game
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud