Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-15 World Football Discussion

• Facebook
  • Display

2014-15 World Football Discussion

With fixtures being released for the EPL, it's time for a new thread. Chelsea open at Burnley and then host Leicester City. The first 2 matches are both against newly-promoted clubs.

Here is Chelsea's complete fixture schedule as well as dates for International breaks, the Capital One Cup, FA Cup, etc.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-articl...8&bid=74165377

The dude abides.

Chelsea say deal reached with Atletico Madrid for transfer of Diego Costa; Chelsea to meet buyout clause.

KTBFFH!

Barcelona to open formal bid for Liverpool's Luis Suarez; meeting set with Ian Ayre in London Wednesday.

Good, then I won't have to see his bitch ass during the EPL season.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Good, then I won't have to see his bitch ass during the EPL season.
    No, but Barca with Messi, Neymar and Suarez?

Ex-Chelsea LB Ashley Cole signed with AS Roma. No surprise. Felipe Luis is likely headed to Chelsea to replace Cole (who rarely saw minutes last season anyway).

Barcelona agree fee to buy banned striker Luis Suarez from Liverpool; 5-year deal official

Peace out fucker.
    The dude abides.

It looks like the deal to bring Felipe Luis to Stamford Bridge is finally getting close to being announced. Luis, arguably the best LB in the world last season, would be the third player to leave Atletico Madrid for West London this Summer.

The last couple of days have seen alot of articles, like this one, saying that the deal is done:

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles...t-on-petr-cech

NYC FC, set for 2015 MLS debut, unveils ex-Chelsea star Frank Lampard as newest addition.

I like that Super Frank is coming to MLS to play out his golden years. I hate that it's NYC FC. That fucking club is owned by the New York Yankees and Manchester City.

Welcome back to Chelsea Drogba! The 36-year old striker signs a 1-year deal.

The dude abides.

Good to see the Chelsea Legend back in Blue. Now, if they can just find someone dumb enough to take Torres' wages, all would be good.

Despite the constant, swirling rumors that Lukkaku will be sold, I'm not buying it until it happens. I'd guess they'll loan him out AGAIN, if they can't unload Torres. I hope not though. I'd LOVE to see Costa, Drogba and Lukkaku all in Chelsea Blue this season.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Good to see the Chelsea Legend back in Blue. Now, if they can just find someone dumb enough to take Torres' wages, all would be good.

Despite the constant, swirling rumors that Lukkaku will be sold, I'm not buying it until it happens. I'd guess they'll loan him out AGAIN, if they can't unload Torres. I hope not though. I'd LOVE to see Costa, Drogba and Lukkaku all in Chelsea Blue this season.
    Haven't posted here in a bit. Lukaku was sold, of course, to Everton. I guess the rumors of him not wanting to have to compete for the job were true.

That said, the English season kicked off with the Community Shield over the weekend and ARSEnal drubbed City, 3-0. Hopefully, ARSEne Wenger doesn't think trophies will be piling up for him now.

The Premier League kicks off on Saturday and Chelsea opens on Monday at Turf Moor against newly-promoted Burnley.

KTBFFH!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A

Introducing your 2014-15 Chelsea FC squad:

http://youtu.be/NezIFfCSZJk

KTBFFH!

Just a couple of hours to kickoff! Here's my fantasy lineup. I play at fantasyleague.com

This works much different from American Fantasy Football. Each player has a salary and you have a budget of £75.0M. You get 25 transfers a year and you can only have a maximum of 2 players from any Premier League club.

It is possible to play all 16 of your players in a weekend because you have to set your lineup for EVERY kickoff time. That part is the biggest difference from American Fantasy Football.

I was able to get 4 strikers into the budget by grabbing a couple guys who played great at the end of last season (Adebayor and Wickham) to go with Sturridge and Lukaku. Of course, that means I'm a bit weak in other areas.

I'm a bit concerned that the Saints won't be as good defensively as last year because of all the players they sold and that could cost me with both Boruc and Fonte.

Another big difference in this fantasy football is that there are multiple competitions throughout the season. You are drawn into a random group with 19 others and that is your Premier League. Your place in the Premier League table on December 21 determines which continental competition you go into and there is an FA Cup competition too.

This is my 3rd year playing on this site (have a couple of friends that play there too). Nice little diversion.

The perfect league table begins with United bottom of the league.

Thibaut Courtois will make his debut for Chelsea in less than an hour, named the starter for tonight's season opener. We'll see if this is the ultimate "changing of the guard" from Cech to Courtois.

KTBFFH!

Chelsea are looking the part of a side that will score in spades this season, up 3-1 at the half. If you didn't see Schurrle's goal, do yourself a favor and find it. Fabregas made a brilliant one-touch pass to set it up.

Diego Costa and Branislav Ivanovich have Chelsea's other two goals.

KTBFFH!

Here it is, not great quality though.

Schurrle goal vs Burnley:

http://youtu.be/Uf39_8ooF0c