Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Settles Keller Lawsuit; EA Talks Conditions for NCAA Football Return

• Facebook
  • Display
    I'm a sheep. I love the big schools and don't have any interest in the small ones. A game centered on the Big 5 would be great for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I'm a sheep. I love the big schools and don't have any interest in the small ones. A game centered on the Big 5 would be great for me.

There will be an itch and all these naysayers will scratch. Even with just the Big 5 there would still be 62 teams to choose from. If you love college football the most, how could you pass on this over Madden? More variety, teams, play-styles and a better offseason mode.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post

There will be an itch and all these naysayers will scratch. Even with just the Big 5 there would still be 62 teams to choose from. If you love college football the most, how could you pass on this over Madden? More variety, teams, play-styles and a better offseason mode.
    Again, no Navy, no Bowling Green/Toledo, no C-USA, no Mountain West, etc, they can go fuck off. I don't give a shit if they still end up having 62 teams with Big 5 only. I can play NCAA 14 and have 126 teams.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

NCAA Settles Keller Lawsuit; EA Talks Conditions for NCAA Football Return

Would anyone be interested in a RTG game with complete control of editable teams, rosters, districts, and schedules? Except you would begin as a freshman, and the new freshmen after each progressed year would be AI based, as in no recruiting, just random players from bad to great. I'm talking about a high school football game. Team builder could be utilized, but they need to make upgrades such as editable equipment and a stadium builder among other things, all online.

Just think, as a freshman you're not being recruited, but then your performance and measurables begin determining year after year your prospect ranking and who recruits you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TIMB0B; 06-22-2014 at 09:23 PM.

I'd personally pass. RTG is fine for a week or two, especially when whoring trophies and achievements. But after that, I pretty much couldn't care less about RTG from that point on. It's dynasty or nothing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I'd personally pass. RTG is fine for a week or two, especially when whoring trophies and achievements. But after that, I pretty much couldn't care less about RTG from that point on. It's dynasty or nothing for me.

I would implement a dynasty feature with it too, but I could see how interest would be lost from 1) your player graduating and 2) you can't recruit and build your team -- just plug and play with random incoming freshmen.

Quote Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    I would implement a dynasty feature with it too, but I could see how interest would be lost from 1) your player graduating and 2) you can't recruit and build your team -- just plug and play with random incoming freshmen.

That pretty much sums it up for me. This one player control stuff just isn't for me. I want a pure dynasty where I control everything, like what we have had all these years. I want to control recruiting, I want to control all the players, I want to control redshirts, and plays called, and coaching philosophies for the teams.

Those are the reasons why RTG has never really interested me. I play it while I waited for sliders every year and just long enough to get the related achievements, and then I was done with the mode.

F that. Why would I want to purchase a game that wouldn't include my school or our conference?

Quote Originally Posted by coogrfan View Post
    F that. Why would I want to purchase a game that wouldn't include my school or our conference?
    That's exactly what I've been trying to tell him this whole time. Would he still buy the game if it left out Oklahoma and the Big 12? I doubt he would. So why would I?

That pretty much sums it up for me. This one player control stuff just isn't for me. I want a pure dynasty where I control everything, like what we have had all these years. I want to control recruiting, I want to control all the players, I want to control redshirts, and plays called, and coaching philosophies for the teams.

Those are the reasons why RTG has never really interested me. I play it while I waited for sliders every year and just long enough to get the related achievements, and then I was done with the mode.

I guess what I'm envisioning is the same control that you have over a dynasty like NCAA, but it's high school. You can do RTG mode if you want.

Still no recruiting, though.

I guess what I'm envisioning is the same control that you have over a dynasty like NCAA, but it's high school. You can do RTG mode if you want.

Still no recruiting, though.

Which is what breaks the deal for me
    I couldn't care less about RTG and I especially couldn't care less about high school. It's either the college teams with full recruiting (because EA would absolutely fuck up progression from year to year and incoming freshman and thus teams would end up total trash by year 5) or I pass. I wouldn't even buy a game like that if it was $5.

Which is what breaks the deal for me
    I couldn't care less about RTG and I especially couldn't care less about high school. It's either the college teams with full recruiting (because EA would absolutely fuck up progression from year to year and incoming freshman and thus teams would end up total trash by year 5) or I pass. I wouldn't even buy a game like that if it was $5.

Point taken.

That's exactly what I've been trying to tell him this whole time. Would he still buy the game if it left out Oklahoma and the Big 12? I doubt he would. So why would I?
    Actually, I would still buy it. I rarely ever played as Oklahoma the past few editions. In fact if OU is on my schedule I just simulate it. Have spent more time playing with Texas Tech, North Texas and Northwestern over the years.

It is all speculation, I am in the camp that we are a long way from seeing NCAA games.

I will add that there really is an easy fix to the roster issue and EA having no liability. Randomly generated rosters when you launch the game for the first time. No two rosters would be alike, leaving players unable to claim likeness. Roster makers would just have to spend some time tweaking appearances before releasing rosters.

Actually, I would still buy it. I rarely ever played as Oklahoma the past few editions. In fact if OU is on my schedule I just simulate it. Have spent more time playing with Texas Tech, North Texas and Northwestern over the years.

It is all speculation, I am in the camp that we are a long way from seeing NCAA games.

I will add that there really is an easy fix to the roster issue and EA having no liability. Randomly generated rosters when you launch the game for the first time. No two rosters would be alike, leaving players unable to claim likeness. Roster makers would just have to spend some time tweaking appearances before releasing rosters.
    Nope. B/c creating a game that would allow others to misappropriate someone else's property can also lead to liability - see e.g., Napster Remember them? They technically did nothing wrong just like EA but their software allowed others to do so. Plaintiff's lawyers would sue EA again and EA has already shown it has no stomach to fight so write another big fat check.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Nope. B/c creating a game that would allow others to misappropriate someone else's property can also lead to liability - see e.g., Napster Remember them? They technically did nothing wrong just like EA but their software allowed others to do so. Plaintiff's lawyers would sue EA again and EA has already shown it has no stomach to fight so write another big fat check.
    Napster was the go-between for all the files to share, technically they did everything wrong by doing so without the licensing or approval of the companies whose files were shared. EA had licenses with the NCAA/CLC. There was no player union to make a deal with. Not a really good comparison. EA would probably have to get rid of the roster share and "roster sharing" would have to go back to the old ways. Just as PES has always done. They (PES) have always always left room to add teams too. Last I checked they have not been sued? Pretty sure every league not licensed in the game has know this for some time.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-23-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Napster was the go-between for all the files to share, technically they did everything wrong by doing so without the licensing or approval of the companies whose files were shared. EA had licenses with the NCAA/CLC. There was no player union to make a deal with. Not a really good comparison. EA would probably have to get rid of the roster share and "roster sharing" would have to go back to the old ways. Just as PES has always done. They (PES) have always always left room to add teams too. Last I checked they have not been sued? Pretty sure every league not licensed in the game has know this for some time.
    The reason they haven't been sued is easy not enough $ money to interest those plaintiff's lawyers flying around in their 4 private jets.

Does anyone know why bowls can give players gifts with the NCAA's blessing?

Does anyone know why bowls can give players gifts with the NCAA's blessing?
    It's not just the Bowls passing out the gifts.

The NCAA allows each bowl to award up to $550 worth of gifts to 125 participants per school. Schools can, and almost always do, buy additional packages that they can distribute to participants beyond that 125 limit. In addition, participants can receive awards worth up to $400 from the school and up to $400 from the conference for postseason play, covering both conference title games and any bowl game.
    My understanding is the gifts have going around since the 1950's. So it is nothing new, outside the amount of the gift's which forced the NCAA to put a limit on how much. Obviously without limitations this could be used as a great recruiting strategy.

In the NCAA's mind a gift does not equal cash, therefore it does not count. As for why? A reward for being one of the 70 teams out of 125 to make a bowl game? I would use the logic that it is a form of compensation for having to stay at school and missing out on some of the holiday break, being separated from their families, etc. Of course, basketball players do the same thing. It is the NCAA, logic be damned.

I wouldn't play an NCAA game with just the Big 5 schools in it. Mind you, Louisville would be in the game - but it takes away from the experience imo. I enjoy taking teams in Dynasty outside the power conferences, and playing every game on the schedule in different stadiums, weather etc. I can just play NCAA 14 on my Xbox & be content until the series makes it return.

Quote Originally Posted by xMrHitStickx904 View Post
    I wouldn't play an NCAA game with just the Big 5 schools in it. Mind you, Louisville would be in the game - but it takes away from the experience imo. I enjoy taking teams in Dynasty outside the power conferences, and playing every game on the schedule in different stadiums, weather etc. I can just play NCAA 14 on my Xbox & be content until the series makes it return.
    I agree 100%. Any college game without at the very least ALL FBS level schools is not a college game for me. Heck, I still am choked FCS teams are missing.