Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rainbow Six: Siege (XB1, PS4, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display

Rainbow Six: Siege (XB1, PS4, PC)

My personal winner of E3. I cannot wait for this game. The fact that was recorded using pre-alpha footage, I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

I also love that it appears that everything is destructible. Being able to destroy walls with gun fire, throw flash bangs through said destroyed walls, being able to seemingly place explosives anywhere that YOU want so you can breach through the roof, walls or the floor and make changes to your plans of attack literally on the fly. If it stays like that, much better than the typical "you can only breach at this specific place" bullshit like in COD.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 06-10-2014 at 08:54 PM.

ya that looked pretty good for RS 6 .

Damn, this looks good. I miss the days of online ass kicking on Rainbow Six Vegas.
    The dude abides.

It looks really good. Could be a LOT of fun with the right people.

This looks very nice at this early of it's stage

Love the destruction and being able to create different angles of approach, etc.

This would definitely replace COD in my one shooter purchase a year.

Upset I never got to finish the Rainbox Six series when I had a 360. Wouldn't have felt the same playing it on PS3 so I never got RS2

Here's the archive of the stream from today... live gameplay. Skip to 19:30 for the actual start of the stream. Looks like it should be fun, though it looks something like PvP PayDay 2.

Rainbow Six: Siege dev blog says No Respawn makes the game more accessible

Wednesday, 15th October 2014
    By Brenna Hillier

Rainbow Six: Siege gives players just one life. Ubisoft Montreal explains why this feature makes the game fun for everyone, not just hardcore twitch shooter fans.

Rainbow Six: Siege is designed to revive the “lethality and tension” of the 1998 original, according to a post on Behind the Wall, the multiplayer shooter’s newly-launched dev blog.

“We decided that the best way to accomplish this was to bring back the No Respawn rule and implement it in such a way that we like to refer to as One Life around the studio,” the team wrote.

One Life means players won’t respawn if they’re taken down during a round, but can use tools not available to the rest of the team to help survivors win the day. Ubisoft believes this system helps cater to its core pillars of teamwork, tactics, and tension.

“Not only are these three pillars at the heart of Tom Clancy’s video game series, but they’re arguably absent from the FPS market today. Even when playing on a team, run and gun titles emphasize twitch reflexes while neglecting other skill sets, and you may feel disconnected from the action and all alone in your plight. With Siege, that’s not the case,” the developer said.

“When you’re not allowed to respawn during a match, twitch reflexes aren’t the only skills that keep you alive. Teamwork, map awareness, planning, adaptability, communication, and leadership become just as important to win.”

Ubisoft said that when it introduced the No Respawn rule in the studio the game instantly became more stressful. Players stopped trash talking and started working together.

“It turned out that it really opened up the game to many different types of players,” designer Chris Lee said.

“The developers who were longtime FPS players initially found it difficult because they were only good at reaction time. They weren’t communicating, playing tactically, or thinking about the consequences. Their K/D ratio was high before, but after introducing One Life, they stopped thinking about K/D ratios and more about how each player could work together for the win.”

Love it? Hate it? In the end, matches are quite short so you won’t be hanging around idly too long.

Rainbow Six: Siege is expected on PC, PS4 and Xbox One in 2015.
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/15/rain...pawn-one-life/

I like it! God I can't wait for this game to come out!

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 10-14-2014 at 09:54 PM.

No respawn was best for SOCOM always, and same went with the Rainbow Six Vegas games. Makes it more tactical and about the task at hand than your k/d.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    No respawn was best for SOCOM always, and same went with the Rainbow Six Vegas games. Makes it more tactical and about the task at hand than your k/d.
    Yep. Even playing something like COD, when it's just normal team deathmatch or something, I'm pure run and gun without really any care for tactical as I can infinitely respawn and only my K/D suffers. But when I play one life modes like search and destroy, I go 100% tactical and become very precise in my movements and where I go.

It's probably why I like the Sniper Elite games so much. I have easily spent over three hours on a SINGLE campaign mission in Sniper Elite III, because I am very extremely precise in my movements and where I go and what I do during the mission. I try to get through every mission without once alerting any enemies, and it results in very slow movements and slow progress through missions over a period of time.

I'm the same way with one life modes in games like COD. With a 5 minute timer in Search and Destroy, I'll easily take 3+ minutes just reaching a given bomb site (if I have the bomb), slowly making my way to a given site and trying to pick off every enemy I come across before I arrive at that site.

Video from the closed Alpha gameplay. Watch it while you can, no clue if Ubisoft will allow it to stay up for very long. Watching this, damn I can't wait for this game!

#TheScriptIsDead

Looking forward to this one too

Hopefully this game will help me relive those RB6:V days.
    The dude abides.

Even despite being from Ubisoft, I think this is already a day one buy in my book. Even the alpha gameplay looks fun as hell. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. We should see some good stuff in a couple months at E3.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Even despite being from Ubisoft, I think this is already a day one buy in my book. Even the alpha gameplay looks fun as hell. I can't wait to see what the final product looks like. We should see some good stuff in a couple months at E3.

#TheScriptIsDead
    Ubi has taken allot of crap lately for broken games at launch but IF I could play FPS this looks like something that IF it works would be a TON of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Ubi has taken allot of crap lately for broken games at launch but IF I could play FPS this looks like something that IF it works would be a TON of fun.
    Absolutely. I love this tactical gameplay. If we could get a group of us, an entire team, from this site, all mic'd up, my god we could have some fun and whoop some ass.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Hopefully this game will help me relive those RB6:V days.
    Yeah I enjoyed the Rainbow 6 games.

I don't buy many games but looking forward to testing this one out.