Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bloodborne (PS4)

• Facebook
  • Display

Might use my $25 Dell credit from Hardline to get this now...
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Might use my $25 Dell credit from Hardline to get this now...
    The more I watch the more I am intrigued but the issue holding me back is the worry I will suck so bad I won't get very deep into the game.

Anyone bought this bad boy? Interested in hearing thoughts from a TGTer as I am tempted to pick this one up and play some this weekend.

No. One thing I don't understand is people saying it's a very smart and hard game that requires learning. It seemed more like a button masher to me but that clearly isn't the case. It's also an RPG and I have no clue how this levels up. The game is still creepy.

OS guys are saying the game is VERY hard.
    Last edited by Rudy; 03-25-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    No. One thing I don't understand is people saying it's a very smart and hard game that requires learning. It seemed more like a button masher to me but that clearly isn't the case. It's also an RPG and I have no clue how this levels up. The game is still creepy.

OS guys are saying the game is VERY hard.
    Yeah I'm watching guys that I KNOW are great at shooters/other games and they are just dying all the time. that's what scares me. it seems like a slasher to me too but the enemies are very quick/powerful and you have to be constantly dodging while learning the attacks and know when to strike.

I am so much more intrigued.
    The dude abides.

Game of the generation so far for me. It's going to take a monumental effort to top it, too. Unbelievably good. Yes, it has a huge learning curve. Yes, it's crazy fucking hard even if you know what you're doing. Yes, you're going to die repeatedly. However, it's worth it. The atmosphere is second to none and exploring the world is really fun and intense, just because of the fear of death. The graphics are out of this world good and the combat and game play is super smooth and hugely satisfying.

If you're going to get it, you just have to commit to learning how to play the game. You also have to accept that you're going to die countless times and that's just a part of the learning. I've played 6 hours and just tonight beat the first boss. Assuming I hadn't died, it's probably about a 20 minute section. Granted, I did a lot of exploring, but it's also due to the 50+ deaths that I had.

It's not going to be for everyone, but it's truly an amazing game.

HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME
    Share. A game only gets to make one first impression – and with me, Bloodborne blew it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...16eab071000020

Wow. That article is scaring this newbie away. Repeating myself in action games really annoys me. Is there no difficulty option in this game?

Yeah, I'm all for tough games (I can't count how many times I would die in Final Fantasy games), but 6 hours to beat a "probably 20 minute section", only the first boss, 50+ deaths, etc. That sounds like a broken controller to me after rage throwing it from dying for the 20th time.

#TheScriptIsDead

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    HOW AND WHY BLOODBORNE LOST ME
    Share. A game only gets to make one first impression – and with me, Bloodborne blew it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/...16eab071000020
    I read "My way is not working and I'm not going to adapt so I'll just complain and say the game's mechanics are bad so that I don't have to face reality."

Wow. That article is scaring this newbie away. Repeating myself in action games really annoys me. Is there no difficulty option in this game?
    No difficulty levels.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Yeah, I'm all for tough games (I can't count how many times I would die in Final Fantasy games), but 6 hours to beat a "probably 20 minute section", only the first boss, 50+ deaths, etc. That sounds like a broken controller to me after rage throwing it from dying for the 20th time.

#TheScriptIsDead
    You have to realize though that was my first experience. I've gone back over that same part a few times now to farm XP with no deaths and in 20 or 30 minutes. Your first several hours are going to be the worst simply because you have to learn the unforgiving mechanics and realize timing is everything and not to get greedy.

Quote Originally Posted by I OU a Beatn View Post
    I read "My way is not working and I'm not going to adapt so I'll just complain and say the game's mechanics are bad so that I don't have to face reality."

No difficulty levels.

You have to realize though that was my first experience. I've gone back over that same part a few times now to farm XP with no deaths and in 20 or 30 minutes. Your first several hours are going to be the worst simply because you have to learn the unforgiving mechanics and realize timing is everything and not to get greedy.
    I don't disagree I just found the article interesting since its about the only negative thing I've read about the game.

My concern is just the sheer depth of the game and just having ZERO knowledge base of how to build up a character or even what does what etc....

I'm concerned I'd be lost, make the wrong decisions on character development and then get stuck with nothing else to do than grind for hours on end until I could level up my character enough to advance.

I've watched 4-5 hours of streaming and the enemies/combat is pretty mixed and the bosses are tough as hell.

...yeah im still getting it eventually.

This is sort of the thinking that makes me think most of the Madden community couldnt handle an actual true representation of football. If forced to it would be too difficult

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    ...yeah im still getting it eventually.

This is sort of the thinking that makes me think most of the Madden community couldnt handle an actual true representation of football. If forced to it would be too difficult
    At least madden has difficulty levels and sliders although the sliders don't work well. There are some people on OS that are frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post

#TheScriptIsDead
    I wonder what's worse. This or Dark Souls.
    The dude abides.

That's a good question. I'm not going to completely write off Bloodborne, but I'll have to watch some gameplay videos on Twitch and maybe Redbox or Gamefly it and try it firsthand before I'd consider dropping $60 on it.

#TheScriptIsDead

At least madden has difficulty levels and sliders although the sliders don't work well. There are some people on OS that are frustrated.
    Yeah but if it were true to life regardless of difficult settings, it would face even more criticism/flack.

Let's face it a good part that plays it aren't really using football principles and have no true concept of football, other than throw to and run with tall fast man. Soon as it would get "too difficult" over half would drop it immediately.

Could you imagine if QB's had the average amount of time to throw like it is IRL, needing to make reads, call protection schemes, etc? Every play would be labeled a nano blitz..without blitzing

Unless of course it's the Steelers pass rush, then they would have all day to throw

Back to this game though. I have no previous experience with games as such, but still interested in this. Thing is though can't remember the last game I've actually finished all the way through in the past 7-8 years that has a story mode.

BioShock 1-2 I believe was last. Currently playing BioShock Infinite now, but that has been a 8 month process because I don't play enough. Afraid that could happen with this game as well

The difficulty of the game is what's drawing it to me now.
    The dude abides.

Demon Souls was brutal, harder than the Dark Souls games imho.