Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    No Mans Sky truly has improved. Just had too many expectations.

I'm in. It's on the Christmas list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, I bought this sometime in the past 1-3 weeks when it was part of a sale on PS4. Just diving into it for the first time, have put probably an hour into it.

I've got the Launch Thrusters repaired and charged to 70%.

I just need 197 Heridium and 1 Zinc to repair the Pulse Engine.

I've got the multitool Scanner fixed. Just gotta find 97 Heridium and 25 Plutonium to build Beam Intensifier Sigma.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Alright, off and running. I got the ship fixed, all my tools fixed and got off my first planet, which thank God since it was an overheated, inhospitable toxic planet that made exploring for more than a few minutes impossible.

I've since been to the nearby space station, went to the mysterious signal transmitter, reached the distress beacon and got the hyperdrive blueprints.

Also found the drop pod and got the exosuit upgrade. Now to head back to the space station and buy a dynamic resonator.

I wrapped up last night having created hyperdrive, got a new and improved multitool from one of the aliens in the space station, finished up on a nearby planet mining for resources and then made the jump to a nearby system.

I haven't done anything yet in the new system other than identify planets and land at the space station since it was pushing 1:30 in the morning.

Well, I'm not getting to the center of the universe any time soon. Looking at the map right now, I'm 716,605 LY away from the Galactic Core.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Well, I'm not getting to the center of the universe any time soon. Looking at the map right now, I'm 716,605 LY away from the Galactic Core.

Three licks.

I might pick this up again for my kids. They liked it initially but after ten hours or so got bored. But that was at launch. I even played it a tiny bit.

I did come across the "cheat" quick option to the centre but I declined it. I won't give it away other than to say "Atlas" can be your friend if you so choose too.

Oh, I'm good, lol. I'm still simply trying to just explore the planets in my current system, plus I'm gonna head back to The Pancake System to finish discovering animals on all the planets that I hadn't found by the time I hyper jumped.

Even in this second system that I initially hyper jumped too, I've only actually landed on one planet while following the missions and have reached the point it already wants me to hyperjump to a new system, even though I haven't gone near 4 or 5 other planets.

I'm still ultimately trying to figure out what I'm doing both on-planet and off-planet, so it's gonna be a long, slow time for me to advance in the "missions".

Oh, I'm good, lol. I'm still simply trying to just explore the planets in my current system, plus I'm gonna head back to The Pancake System to finish discovering animals on all the planets that I hadn't found by the time I hyper jumped.

Even in this second system that I initially hyper jumped too, I've only actually landed on one planet while following the missions and have reached the point it already wants me to hyperjump to a new system, even though I haven't gone near 4 or 5 other planets.

I'm still ultimately trying to figure out what I'm doing both on-planet and off-planet, so it's gonna be a long, slow time for me to advance in the "missions".

Don't care about the story. I just love exploring and building bases on the planets.

That is one thing I have not yet actually done. I have no clue how to build bases.

All I've been able to do thus far is land on a bunch of planets, mine some iron and other goodies, locate some drop pods and monoliths and find various waypoints then head to the space station to sell of anything of no use to free up space.

From a person in on day one, this game has greatly improved. With missions, bases, rovers, additional storylines, etc. the game is really developing nicely.

That is one thing I have not yet actually done. I have no clue how to build bases.

All I've been able to do thus far is land on a bunch of planets, mine some iron and other goodies, locate some drop pods and monoliths and find various waypoints then head to the space station to sell of anything of no use to free up space.
    It will come, just look around for a habitable base on a planet. Sometimes they pop up for you (when you scan the planets from space) and then it is simply following some instructions, finding someone and get to building along with a bunch of sidemissions to build bigger and better things.

There is enough good stuff in this patch that I am going to give it a new run. Love the addition of terrain editing around a base. Did not see it mentioned but I do hope they added more inventory space for the storage containers, since they only limit you to ten and each only holds a small amount of items.

Just a heads up, while they fixed and added many things, they broke some in the process. After saving a Point Of Interest, it still shows a green? This should go away once you save at the destination but is not happening after patch. DO NOT BUY the High Capacity Cargo for your suit. You will spend money and not get a slot. They are aware of both things and hopefully fixed soon.

So glad this one is coming to the Xbox (might want to toss that in the title). Can't wait to see what they are bringing with the next update. VR possible for Sony seems to be generating some stream.

I got this box art from this link, which had one of the greatest quotes I have seen in some time.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/no-...er-hint.42717/

After over 2000 hours of playing this game and the last abysmal update, this game is dead to me. Hello Games sold out. It's a triumph for the moaners and weak supporters.
    Only took 2000 hours for him to give up on it.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 05-16-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Multiplayer

Team-up with a small group of friends and explore the universe together, or be joined by random travelers.
    You can help friends to stay alive, or prey on others to survive.
    Tiny shelters or complex colonies that you build as a team are shared for all players.
    Fight as a pirate or a wingman in epic space battles with friends and enemies.
    Race exocraft across weird alien terrains, creating race tracks and trails to share online.
    Character customisation allows you to personalise your appearance.

Visual overhaul

The game is fully playable in third- or first- person, both on-foot and in ship.
    Planetary rings and improved space visuals make space more beautiful than ever.
    Dramatically improved planetary terrain generation, ground textures, water and clouds bring the environment to life.
    Significantly more detail added to ships, NPCs and buildings.

Unlimited base building

Bases can now be built anywhere on any planet.
    Dramatically increased base-building complexity and size limits.
    Hundreds of new base parts.
    Own multiple bases.

Command freighters
    Assemble and upgrade a fleet of frigates and command them from the bridge of your freighter.
    Send your fleet out to into the universe, or deploy them to help you as you explore a specific system.
    Improved freighter base building allows a truly custom capital ship.
    Invite your friends aboard and take on challenging multiplayer missions from the Galactic Commission Station on your bridge.

Definitely getting this for the XB1. Look CLW 3rd person for everything, if you have not jumped in now is a good time.

Unlimited base building excites me most. Could care less about the multiplayer. I really hope they allow for more storage containers. I think there was a max of 10 the last time I played it and was not nearly enough.

Gonna be weekly challenges for XB1 and PC too.
    The dude abides.

Bought this game again for the kids. They are liking it again and looking forward to playing together next week at the patch. (Ended up getting 2 disc copies on sale at the Source for C$20).