Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    http://www.polygon.com/features/2016...eview-10-hours

Polygons Review. I must say I totally disagree. I am having a lot of fun right now.

http://time.com/4444324/no-mans-sky-review/

An interesting read on the goal for the game.

I may broadcast again tonight around 10 central of anyone wants to watch and chat.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Polygons Review. I must say I totally disagree. I am having a lot of fun right now.
    Apologize for the stupid question here but you paid for the game, have obviously played the game and enjoyed it so far based on what you have written. Why exactly do you give two shits about what another person thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Apologize for the stupid question here but you paid for the game, have obviously played the game and enjoyed it so far based on what you have written. Why exactly do you give two shits about what another person thinks?
    Fair question. I enjoy the game and I am glad I purchased it. However, with all due respect to the article, I disagree. However, it is an opinion which some people may share. It's meant to spur on some discussion really.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I may broadcast again tonight around 10 central of anyone wants to watch and chat.

Have you built your hyper drive yet?

Have you built your hyper drive yet?
    Just got to the space station to do so now. Gonna start streaming in 10 minutes or so.

The dude abides.

Guys, my daughter fixed her ship and flew to another planet. This game really doesn't teach you much. I know some like that but knowing how to use turbo or pulse rockets was not explained well in game. How do you find a space station?

And Jaymo that mini review by polygon wasn't even that bad and echoes a lot of people as well. I think many of us knew this game would be polarizing and certainly not for everyone.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-10-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Guys, my daughter fixed her ship and flew to another planet. This game really doesn't teach you much. I know some like that but knowing how to use turbo or pulse rockets was not explained well in game. How do you find a space station?.

http://www.polygon.com/no-mans-sky/2...mans-sky-guide

http://www.ign.com/wikis/no-mans-sky

http://time.com/4444324/no-mans-sky-review/

An interesting read on the goal for the game.
    I liked this take on the game. I guess I'm confused what were the masses expecting with this game? For me, it's basically exactly what I expected, and I'm having a blast with it.
    The dude abides.

You can watch an archive of my late night stream from last night here: https://www.twitch.tv/jbhuskers/v/82735711
    The dude abides.

No Man’s Sky’s first few seconds baffle new PS4 owners

Some players thought the game froze. Others thought it was still loading or downloading. Turns out it was simply waiting for the player to hold the square button.

"Saw this guy streaming a few days back, he reset his PS4 cause he thought it had crashed lol."

"WTF WASTED 10 MINUTES OF MY LIFE!"

"I just bought a PS4 to play No Man’s Sky, usually an Xbox guy so when I seen the square I didn’t think of the button lol."

"Honestly, I had to move my couch closer to my 50" TV because that square looked so tiny I just thought it was a logo and I had to wait for the game to load. After 2 hours of playing (maybe it was 3), I moved my couch even closer. They sure did make the text as small as possible lol."
    The dude abides.

Just came across a massive storm on a hot planet. Never had seen the thermal protection drop so quick. It was about 285° F and I could only be out for maybe a minute real time before going back in my ship.

The dude abides.

Appropriately named planet I discovered...

The dude abides.

I think I have getting more entertainment out of this game than people playing it.

First we have the Sean Murry multiplayer lie which had taken over the internet.

Game is out and there is still not a straight answer.

Until......................................

Jim Sterling gives the game a 5 out of 10

http://www.thejimquisition.com/no-mans-sky-review/

You can try to click on the link but as of now the site has crashed due to PS4 owners across the globe, trying to comment on it.

Had my first taste of space combat. I took on two ships with lasers vs my pulse cannon. I took out one ship but they did major damage to my ship and shields. Space combat is pretty challenging at first.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Just came across a massive storm on a hot planet. Never had seen the thermal protection drop so quick. It was about 285° F and I could only be out for maybe a minute real time before going back in my ship.

Wow! I am currently on a frozen/ocean planet. Currently it's -59.5C and I have a warning that it will drop down to -79C in the dark. In the ocean it starts at -78C. My suit is taking an ass kicking!

I do find information on this game entertaining. And I've enjoyed watching it a bit. Still concerned about long term interest. My kids like minecraft but only when they play together. By themselves they get bored quick. This game could be a lot cooler with coop.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    I do find information on this game entertaining. And I've enjoyed watching it a bit. Still concerned about long term interest. My kids like minecraft but only when they play together. By themselves they get bored quick. This game could be a lot cooler with coop.
    Speaking of multiplayer, I am perplexed. Rather than head towards the centre, I am free play and headed to the next closest system. I was the first to discover the galaxy (which I named after my cat, lol) However, in the middle of the galaxy I came across a grave marker. This is weird because it's not from my character. My character has not died in space yet there is a marker. I am wondering if it is from another player or a developer maybe?

Speaking of multiplayer, I am perplexed. Rather than head towards the centre, I am free play and headed to the next closest system. I was the first to discover the galaxy (which I named after my cat, lol) However, in the middle of the galaxy I came across a grave marker. This is weird because it's not from my character. My character has not died in space yet there is a marker. I am wondering if it is from another player or a developer maybe?
    I saw one too last night, then as I was heading to it I was cornered by some space pirates and I died but I was able to make it back to that grave and get my shit back.

I found a new type of sentinel last night too, it's kind of like a giant grasshopper that shoots a constant laser beam. I also landed on a planet where the sentinels were right on my ass the moment I got off the ship; which was interesting. I couldn't do anything without them attacking me.
    The dude abides.