Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Lmao, well, I had found a planet that wasn't terrible. It's a dusty planet that gets down to -80 degrees at night but 62 degrees during the day. However, I'm currently riding out a firestorm in my ship, with temperatures of 209 degrees.

And now that the storm is over, it's already night out. So the temperature instantly dropped from 209 degrees straight to -80 degrees, lol.

And right as daybreak hits and the temperature recovers to 62 degrees, here comes another firestorm and it's right back up to 209 degrees. Lol.

The second firestorm just cleared, and literally 10 seconds later, I get another warning of a third firestorm incoming. This is ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    and you are seeing why I warped halfway across the gallery to find a perfect base, then realize it was not perfect and warped even more to find a descent snowy base and buy the S-Class winter protection gear (I have all four now - cold, heat, toxic and radiation). Just makes it easier to deal with the storms and not have to hide out when they hit or dig a hole. Just FYI the cold and heat upgrades are actually reversed right now, but it is being patched.

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Alright, so in that case my tech slots are already full, and I'm almost 3/4ths of the way to full on cargo slots.

That is one thing that was good about my week spent on one planet. Drop pods galore. I have only spent actual units on 4 exosuit slots at space stations, only 2 or 3 million units tops. Every other slot has come from drop pods found on planets.

And I'll hang with my B class multi-tool in that case as I have a lot of upgrade modules on it and it's 23 slots. So I'll keep that until I get lucky and find a 24 slot S class alien multi-tool.

And do you know the max slots for other ships? Specifically fighters? And freighters?

https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Starship

Covers all the ships and frieghters plus the bonuses for each class level, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Starship

Covers all the ships and frieghters plus the bonuses for each class level, etc.
    Alright, so my A class fighter actually isn't too far off the max. Looks like max for a fighter is 38+8 and my fighter is 29+5.

Holy shit. I think I found my goldilocks planet! In a system near where I ended up after going through the portal, my 6th system visited total, the main planet is a temperate planet. It only gets down to 52 at night and 61 during the day. I've been on the planet surface for 15 minutes and no storms so far.

It has ordinary resources, ample fauna, high flora, limited sentinels, the weather says choking humidity, and the available resources are albumen pearls, Sodium, paraffinium and copper.

Well, scratch that. While inside interacting with a manufacturing facility, a superheated rainstorm blew in. I came out to scorching rain and 201 degrees temps.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-13-2018 at 03:50 PM.

As you end up upgrading your technology you are going to need a ton of Nanites, to repurchase things. I found this trick mentioned on Reddit and it works like a charm. Also you can make a ton of money. This will be more successful as you warp more to new space stations.

Go to space station. Land and jump to the left where the teleporter is. Go to the missions board cubicle. Only select the ones that give Nanites or Units, unless the reward is something you also want. Stick to the basic things. Kill (x) Animals. Kill (x) Sentinels. Feed (X) animals. Scan (X) plants or minerals. Then after selecting them, teleport to each of the space stations and repeat the process of selecting the same ones. The space delivery is the worst one as it is the one that requires you to go back to all the different systems, fly to trading post and then repeat the process on each system you got the mission from (ignore this one).

Now the key is to remember what the higgest (X) is and make sure you do that many of a require task. So if you have three kill (x) amount of animals and one is 8, another is 16 and the last is 30, you only need to kill 30. Once you have completed the highest value for each mission selected, go to any space station, does not matter which. Turn in the missions and reap the rewards. You also get to start leveling up all the different guilds and increase your rating with the Gex, Korvak and Vy'keen. Does not matter who you turn the missions to, it is based on who gave you the mission.

In my last run I made 3 mil units and 5K Nanites. Now I need that S-Class Scanner to use them on.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-13-2018 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    As you end up upgrading your technology you are going to need a ton of Nanites, to repurchase things. I found this trick mentioned on Reddit and it works like a charm. Also you can make a ton of money. This will be more successful as you warp more to new space stations.

Go to space station. Land and jump to the left where the teleporter is. Go to the missions board cubicle. Only select the ones that give Nanites or Units, unless the reward is something you also want. Stick to the basic things. Kill (x) Animals. Kill (x) Sentinels. Feed (X) animals. Scan (X) plants or minerals. Then after selecting them, teleport to each of the space stations and repeat the process of selecting the same ones. The space delivery is the worst one as it is the one that requires you to go back to all the different systems, fly to trading post and then repeat the process on each system you got the mission from (ignore this one).

Now the key is to remember what the higgest (X) is and make sure you do that many of a require task. So if you have three kill (x) amount of animals and one is 8, another is 16 and the last is 30, you only need to kill 30. Once you have completed the highest value for each mission selected, go to any space station, does not matter which. Turn in the missions and reap the rewards. You also get to start leveling up all the different guilds and increase your rating with the Gex, Korvak and Vy'keen. Does not matter who you turn the missions to, it is based on who gave you the mission.

In my last run I made 3 mil units and 5K Nanites. Now I need that S-Class Scanner to use them on.
    I haven't done too bad on nanites so far. Got up to almost 6k after my week on a planet, blew most of it on upgrade modules and every Blueprint I could find at space stations, and now I'm back up to 4,400 nanites. Currently have 9 missions to turn in.

I also read something on Reddit last night. Apparently you can make your own nanites! Using that stuff like the goo you clean out of terminals in abandoned buildings and other worthless stuff like junk from cargo pods. It's not cheap, you need like 500 of that worthless stuff to make 50 nanites, but it's another possibility.

I also found my first S class scanner last night, in a Vy'keen system space station.

Also just unlocked my 40th cargo slot. Almost there, then just 23 general slots and I'll be done with the exosuit.

Edit - Make that two S class scanners now.

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-13-2018 at 06:37 PM.

I just found the exotic ship jackpot. I've had two exotic ships land on the space station I'm currently on in the last 3 minutes.

Both were tempting, 17 slots plus 5 tech slots. I'm waiting to see if I can score a perfect 20+6 tech exotic.

I have only seen two S-Class Scan-tools and both had like 8 slots. Want to find a 24 slot alien S-Class as the stats are amazing. Did two quick mission runs and pulled in 15m Units and 13K Nanites. I will be ready to upgrade. My hauler ship is an amazing S-Class with a 58% shield stat but it is only 38/6 slots. The 48/8 is out there and I am going to start hitting those treading posts.

I have just discovered the most fucked up planet I have ever seen after warping into a green star system. It's actually kind of freaky and spooky running around on the surface.

Night is even creepier.

I have no clue what the hell kind of planet this is. The on-planet weather says Haunted Frost. And all buildings I can find are all labeled as "Boundary Failure". The planet description from space is "Crimson Planet".

All the planets sounds like they're bizarro worlds. There's an Incandescent Planet, Low Atmosphere Planet, Rocky Planet, Blighted Planet and Glassy Planet.

Jackpot! I just found a sweet ass S class exotic ship. It's not perfect, it's only got 5 tech slots and only 17 slots instead of the max 20. But it was too sweet looking to let go!

This literally 5 minutes after I scored a S class hauler with a perfect full 48 slots and 8 tech slots on a freighter I landed on to check out if it was worth buying. And between the expensive as hell perfect slots S class hauler and the S class exotic, I am once again poor, lol.

Yes! I just found my freighter. Hit a battle coming out of warp and had to take down something like 7 or 9 enemy ships. Landed on the freighter, it's a max slot (34 + 4 tech) A-class Imperial Class Star Destroyer, a varient of the Venator design freighter. Only one bigger for Venator design is the Resurgent Class, which I still hope to upgrade to at some point. But for now, this baby will do! Especially since it was free.

You beat me to it but I finally found the only ship I will ever need. The S-Class Hauler with 48/8 slots. It was a ton of units but well worth it. I think I am at the max of 6 ships to own (all Class S but different types) anyway. Crazy part is there was a Class A 48/8 hauler right next to it. It was a sexier looking ship but, stats. Gotta go with the stats.

Now if I can just find an Alien S Class 24 slot Scan Tool. I would settle for any model as long as it is S Class and 24 slots. It's more just to say I finally found it. My A Class has 23 slots and does a ton of damage and mines super fast. I can take down a Walker in around a minute. Would miss my scanner upgrades as I got them maxed out for profit on Fauna. Took a lot of Nanites to get the three I wanted. Big creatures net me 475K and I could probably hit 500K if I got lucky swapping out one of the upgrades.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-16-2018 at 07:58 AM.

Nice! I haven't put any upgrades on my hauler. Even though it's S class, I'm currently using it exclusively for storage. Even deleted the phase beam and delimiter mod so I could have two extra spaces.

Right now, my A class fighter is my main ship that I use to fly around planets, systems and warp (though the freighter may become my main instrument when warping), while my hauler, my exotic and my other three ships are essentially just expansive storage slots.

I finally got my exosuit cargo slots filled up last night with the materials I want and in the order I want. So I shouldn't have to worry about running out any time soon of carbon, condensed carbon, phosphorus, oxygen, dioxide, sodium, sodium nitrate, chromatic metal, cobalt, ionized cobalt, pyrite, uranium, pure ferrite and magnetized ferrite. Then have 500 each of cadmium, activated cadmium, Emeril, activated Emeril, indium, activated indium, pugneum, coprite, mordite, ammonia and something else filling up the other slots.

Meanwhile, my general exosuit slots are nearly maxed out, I'm sitting at something like 38 or 40. Just get those last slots and I will be 100% slots for exosuit and multi-tool (though it is only a B class rifle).

Now that I've almost got my exosuit maxed out and finally have my freighter, time to start the hunt for a goldilocks planet to make my permanent home base. I forsee a shit ton of warping in my future.

Sounds almost like my Cargo slots. If only you had the game on Xbox One, we could compare who is the most OCD of storage. I keep almost all of what you have except Cadmium, Emeril and Indium. Have those ten storage lockers filled with 1,000 of most plants and other items that are on a need to have basis. Freighter filled with a duplicate of most cargo items, so I never run low. Never use my freighter but once I find one with a big hyper-drive I will use it for warping. Already have the Star Seed installed that shows you where all the black holes are.

Damnit! I almost hit the jackpot!

I just warped to a Korvax system with a Prosperous economy, which has a Viridescent (lush biome) planet with 62 degrees and "usually mild" weather, which should be a home run planet. The nearby planets are Toxic, Freezing and Forsaken. So goddamn close! Two of the three planets needed, just no hot or radioactive planet.

Shit! I thought I found the goldilocks. Paradise planet, with radioactive and freezing planets in the same system. I landed and it's bloody blistering damp weather. The search continues.

And the next system, I thought I had it. Radioactive planet, frozen planet, a humid, mostly calm weather planet. The goldilocks planet AND system! And it has fucking high security sentinels!
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-16-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Talk about getting screwed with your pants on. While heading to my next Atlas station, I found a system with TWO lush planets (well, technically a planet and a moon), a radioactive planet and a freezing planet. Jackpot! How about not. The lush planet had Dangerously Hot Fog for the weather, while the moon was Blistering Damp, both with superheated rainstorms.

This game is mocking me now.

I know that feeling.

SUCCESS!!!!! It took 89 warps, but I found my goldilocks! A flourishing planet with blissful weather and limited sentinels. I'm a minute away from a nuclear planet, a minute and a half from a hot planet, two minutes from a frost planet which has high temperature and dusty moons and one minute away from the space station in a Gek system with a balanced economy. I have found my goldilocks system! I'm home!
    Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-17-2018 at 12:42 PM.

Some pictures of my new home, including a sweet nighttime view of the other three planets.

Spoiler: show