Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky (PS4, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Also, I have achieved my first ever platinum trophy thanks to this game, as I got the last enemy ship kill that I needed for my final maximum level milestone.

Congrats, look forward to seeing what kind of base you build.

I was puzzled at first that you got the Platinum, remembering that their were some trophy/achievements that required playing on permadeath and getting to the center of the galaxy. Then realized those were for the "DLC."

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Congrats, look forward to seeing what kind of base you build.

I was puzzled at first that you got the Platinum, remembering that their were some trophy/achievements that required playing on permadeath and getting to the center of the galaxy. Then realized those were for the "DLC."
    Yeah, those were "DLC" trophies. I got the platinum for the main base game.

Also, to add to my pictures of my new home planet/system, some pictures of my gigantic ass freighter. In the last two photos, I had my ship down to as close to the freighter surface as the game would let me. That thing absolutely dwarfs my ship, and really just about everything. Even other freighters look tiny compared to that beast. And that's not even the biggest! There's an even bigger one like mine, that has 6 cargo bays along each side of the freighter, whereas mine only has four.

Spoiler: show

Last edited by SmoothPancakes; 08-17-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Damn, that is large and in charge. I have not stepped foot on my free freighter, since I first stepped foot on my free freighter.

Damn, that is large and in charge. I have not stepped foot on my free freighter, since I first stepped foot on my free freighter.
    Oh man, I was going nuts when I warped into that system and found that big ass freighter under attack. Between the gigantic size of it, plus it is loaded to the gills with defense turrets, I knew I was claiming it no matter what. Then to have it be an A-class freighter with max slots. Fuck S-class freighters! This baby is my freighter! The only way in hell I get rid of this freighter, is if I find that even bigger 6 cargo bays version of mine, also with maximum slots and either A or S class. Otherwise, this freighter is mine forever.

Only took almost 300 warps but I finally found my 24 slot S Class scanner. Just a generic rifle bit it gets the job done, especially after I upgraded it with. Will only replace it with an alien of experimental 24 slot S Class.

I still have yet to find even just a S class multi-tool in general, much less a 24 slot one. Best I've found is a couple A class ones, but they all had something like 5 or 10 slots.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

New patch

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-57/

Bug fixes:

Fixed an issue that prevented planets from being added to the Discovery timeline when exiting certain ship models
    Fixed an issue that prevented players from using the Pulse Engine to escape between waves of Sentinel space fighters
    Fixed an issue that could cause base NPC workers to become unresponsive after moving / deleting your base
    Substantially increased the length of time fuel lasts in the hydroponic trays
    Prevented an occasional crash on Xbox One X in scenes with a high node count
    Fixed a crash related to creatures
    Fixed a crash related to terrain generation
    Fix for an issue with PC shader compilation when the game is first booted which would occasionally result in a crash
    Various performance improvements
    Various improvements to load times (approximately 5-10% improvement to warp times, 30% improvement to initial game load)
    Fixed an issue that incorrectly limited the number of storage containers that could be built on the freighter
    Fixed an issue that could prevent construction in the freighter base
    Fixed an issue that could cause the ‘Nearby buildings’ scan on the signal booster to fail
    Fixed an issue that prevented exploration-focussed frigates from charging their scanners
    Fixed an issue that prevented damaged frigates from being completely repaired
    Fixed an issue that could cause the lobby not to display all available games on PS4
    Marked icons are now automatically cleared on arrival at the marked target
    Fixed a number of cases where the HUD would prompt to mark icons that did not need marking
    Improved target locking for ship PvP
    Improved the appearance of HUD markers on player ships
    Fixed a number of visual issues around using the Analyser Visor in very specific circumstances
    Improved the mapping of the Steam Controller
    Removed an obsolete building product from the blueprint analyser
    Combat music now triggers when fighting biological horrors
    Slightly increased the damage dealt by biological horrors
    Fixed an issue that could cause expedition rewards to artificially increase after save/loading
    Fixed an issue where the Personal Forcefield could be deployed on 0% charge
    Fixed an issue where the Mining Beam and other weapon effects displayed the wrong colour in multiplayer
    Fixed an issue where the screen on the Multi-Tool would display the wrong ammo count for the Blaze Javelin
    Fixed an issue where the Multi-Tool was invisible in Photo Mode
    Fixed an issue where the Personal Forcefield would remain in-world forever when cycling Alt Weapon modes
    Fixed an issue where meleeing while sprinting could cause an animation glitch
    Improved the appearance of clouds in 4K/1440p modes
    Visual improvements made to some exotic biomes
    Visual improvements made to the space station technology merchants
    Increased the visibility of underground toxic hazards
    Visual improvements to buried technology modules

Woo Hoo, the clouds were kinda fugly in some cases.

As someone who played this day 1, you suggest I start over when I pick it back up?
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    As someone who played this day 1, you suggest I start over when I pick it back up?
    I recall seeing a bunch of issues with pre-existing saves but I think most have been patched up by now. If you have not done any of the Story stuff/Base Building it probably would not be a bad idea to start over with all the changes to the technology, blueprints, etc.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 08-30-2018 at 05:30 PM.

I recall seeing a bunch of issues with pre-existing saves but I think most have been patched up by now. If you have not done any of the Story stuff/Base Building it probably would not be a bad idea to start over with all the changes to the technology, blueprints, etc.
    Yeah, depending on how far in you got, starting over isn't a bad idea. I was still at the beginning of my old save file, only had just got off the planet surface and reached the first space station. So it was a very easy choice for me to restart.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Another big free update is coming this summer:

Holy shit, they increased resource capacity to 10,000!

Still same amount of inventory slots, but now instead of only being able to hold 250 or 500 of each resource in each inventory slot, you can hold 10,000!

Resource mining just huge, and I can now build the base of my dreams!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

My kids are downloading it as we speak. Curious about the VR mode. Will post their impressions of it later. They have never loved this game but have messed around with it here and there.

Oh I've loved it, I just end up playing it day in and day out for weeks until I burn out on it. Then I don't touch for months until the next big update comes along and then I get the itch to dive right back in.

I was going to copy and paste the update and patch notes for the release of NMS: Beyond, but honestly, they are so massive and there is SO MUCH talked about in the release/update notes and patch notes, I'm just going to post the link to the notes on the NMS website.

https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    I was going to copy and paste the update and patch notes for the release of NMS: Beyond, but honestly, they are so massive and there is SO MUCH talked about in the release/update notes and patch notes, I'm just going to post the link to the notes on the NMS website.

https://www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh I've loved it, I just end up playing it day in and day out for weeks until I burn out on it. Then I don't touch for months until the next big update comes along and then I get the itch to dive right back in.

That's my style too. I play the game now stop for a few weeks then don't touch it for a year. Based on this update I need to play this again ASAP. Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you again Smooth! It's been too long.

My daughter is really liking the VR experience! I haven't seen her play it but will try later.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    That's my style too. I play the game now stop for a few weeks then don't touch it for a year. Based on this update I need to play this again ASAP. Thanks for the update. Good to hear from you again Smooth! It's been too long.
    Yeah, it almost exactly a year since I last played. I think my last save that I loaded up last night was August 18th, 2018.

It's almost like trying to learn all over again what's going on, since it's been so long. Trying to stock up on raw resources, since we can now hold up to 10,000 of each resource, try to max out my most used resources and stockpile for future needs.

Then I'm hoping to start properly building my base, since I originally had finally found my goldliocks system when I last played last August, a lush, habitable, perfect weather planet, with nearby frozen, nuclear and scalding hot planets, so I have every resource I could ever need or want in that one system.

I built a little quickie base, essentially just plopping down some floors, walls and a ceiling, so I could put down terminals and be protected from sentinels or any hostile wildlife. Now to actually try and properly build a full functioning base.

And absolutely! I've had so much going on this summer since E3, I haven't had much chance to pop in here and see what's been happening. Need to try to start hanging around here again more often.