Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EA SPORTS PGA TOUR - E3 2014 Trailer

• Facebook
  • Display
    I can't wait to play it!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

Pastapadre had a poll and apparently Battleships do not build the excitement, that some at EA had hoped.

Most Excited About From E3
    33% Madden NFL 15
    32% NHL 15
    18% None
    15% FIFA 15
    2% PGA Tour

Least Excited About From E3
    47% PGA Tour
    28% Madden NFL 15
    10% NHL 15
    8% None
    7% FIFA 15

On the bright side "None" did better than expected.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-20-2014 at 10:50 PM.

For me personally, most excited about:

40% FIFA 15
    40% NHL 15
    15% PGA Tour
    5% Madden NFL 15

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Pastapadre had a poll and apparently Battleships do not build the excitement, that some at EA had hoped.

Most Excited About From E3
    33% Madden NFL 15
    32% NHL 15
    18% None
    15% FIFA 15
    2% PGA Tour

Least Excited About From E3
    47% PGA Tour
    28% Madden NFL 15
    10% NHL 15
    8% None
    7% FIFA 15

On the bright side "None" did better than expected.
    You ARE talking about Pasta users who are historically 3000% anti-EA anything.

I'm on the fence with the new PGA Game and I think Handsward knows this. I want simulation golf as much as possible but having fantasy courses like Parcel Storm is cool as long as I'm not forced into it. I certainly don't want "Hot Shots Golf" style power ups and whatnot. If I want an arcade experience I will play HSG.

Most concerning to me in the trailer was the "explosion" when the driver hit the ball off the tee. If that's in the game... (Especially) in the regular courses I may not purchase.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yes, the sentiment on the hardcore sports sim sites is mostly negative. And the sentiment on the normal gaming sites is overwhelmingly positive. Most of those sites would never have anyone talking about a PGA TOUR game. But you show them Frostbite 3 along with a Battlefield (a game played by more people than any sports game on the market) multiplayer map that has a golf course integrated into it and you make a splash. As far as I am concerned, that trailer accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish. Golf is a franchise that cannot survive on only golfers buying the game because a high percentage of people interested in golf are not interested in video games.

That being said, I truly believe we are building a game with gameplay that will satisfy both the golfer and the gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by HANDSWARD View Post
    Yes, the sentiment on the hardcore sports sim sites is mostly negative. And the sentiment on the normal gaming sites is overwhelmingly positive. Most of those sites would never have anyone talking about a PGA TOUR game. But you show them Frostbite 3 along with a Battlefield (a game played by more people than any sports game on the market) multiplayer map that has a golf course integrated into it and you make a splash. As far as I am concerned, that trailer accomplished exactly what it needed to accomplish. Golf is a franchise that cannot survive on only golfers buying the game because a high percentage of people interested in golf are not interested in video games.

That being said, I truly believe we are building a game with gameplay that will satisfy both the golfer and the gamer.

I just think there are far better ways to grab the casual community's attention. So while you guys will be offering some fantasy courses, based on franchises, which should attract some gamers back to the series, how long will that last? You know how dependable those gamers are. Sadly for you guys, it is only the hardcore sports gamer/golf fan that actually buys the game yearly and based on sales you obviously need a more diverse crowd. This is why I have constantly pounded the idea of a course creator, year after year after year. People love to create stuff, always have and always will. The success of Minecraft alone should have raised the alarm bells. To their credit, that other company making a golf game did.

Let's take Trials Fusion as an example. There were only so many people looking to purchase a motorcycle based game. We have seen the demise of most motocross games, when there used to be many. What has taken Trials to the next level is the Evolution (pun intended) of the track editor and of course tighter gameplay and controls. Some of the most popular user created skill games in Fusion are variations golf games. If you let them build it they will come!

My bitching and complaining comes from my love of golf games and not to see them go the way of the Dodo.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 06-26-2014 at 02:51 AM.

Can't wait to see what's going to be offered. It's still 9 months from release. One video showing integration with Battlefield isn't going to set the tone for the entire game, but it was a good idea to introduce the face that the game will run on Frostbite 3, an amazing engine.
    The dude abides.

I like golf, probably my number 1 hobby, when I was a kid I used to play battleship so maybe this will be enough to get me on board (no pun intended) the PS4 yacht.

The Cover? Just noticed it on Amazon and is being used at Gamestop.

Ahhhh 17th at Sawgrass.
    The dude abides.