Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EA/CLC Finalize Settlement With Former Players

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    What about bringing back the XFL ?it had a strong showing.. Well just one season but it was interesting to say the least.

That was unwatchable, and I'm a football and WWE fan.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    I do not recall anyone being forced to sign a scholarship. If it bothers someone so much let the next guy have it, so they can play football and earn a free education. This is why I fully support a minor league for pro football. If you want to get paid and play football, there you go. Also want a college education? Well, they would not be the first to go to school at night, online, etc, etc.
    Well of course they aren't forced to sign

My point is that the education isn't "free" like some think. They have and definitely continue to earn that "free" education over the course of 4 years and prior to getting it.. make no mistake about it is being earned, whether we realize it or not sitting on the couch enjoying the games every weekend.

Now I'm not saying they should be paid, no real way to do that fairly IMO. The 3rd string QB shouldn't make as much as the 1st string QB..or someone like Manziel, etc. Then players would be upset about their compensation or not making enough, etc.

Only fair way is to give them all the same but again that will lead to problems as well. And would anyone really want to put substantial amounts of income into 18-21 year old's pockets in college...shit they get in trouble with no money.

most of this wouldn't be a factor/happening if the NCAA had agreed to pay the medical expenses for players getting injured.That alone is absurd but a scholarship is enough of a freebee and they all get under the table crap anyway.

plus all the NCAA rules read like some kind of muslim don't do this and that bylaws that are impossible to follow without breaking

Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    Well of course they aren't forced to sign

My point is that the education isn't "free" like some think. They have and definitely continue to earn that "free" education over the course of 4 years and prior to getting it.. make no mistake about it is being earned, whether we realize it or not sitting on the couch enjoying the games every weekend.

Now I'm not saying they should be paid, no real way to do that fairly IMO. The 3rd string QB shouldn't make as much as the 1st string QB..or someone like Manziel, etc. Then players would be upset about their compensation or not making enough, etc.

Only fair way is to give them all the same but again that will lead to problems as well. And would anyone really want to put substantial amounts of income into 18-21 year old's pockets in college...shit they get in trouble with no money.

I had many friends on the football team when I was in school at Arkansas and I don't know a single one of them that would have traded their experience for my school and job combo.

NCAA settles with former athletes

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...eo-game-claims

This makes ZERO sense b/c every year a new class action lawsuit can be filed by the freshman class of athletes.

Even more interesting/bizarre is the Plaintiff's settled for exactly 1/2 what EA paid them.

Lawyers 2 - NCAA + EA + Plaintiffs 0

a game cancelled so a bunch of 19-20 year olds can get $600 or what ever for a pair of jordans and some pizza.

Ed O'Bannon thinks Little Leaguers should get paid too. Yep sign em up Plaintiffs lawyers and sue the World Wide Leader and Little League for exploiting the kids.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/st...rust-suit-ncaa

Oh for fucks sake. Someone just take this jackass out with a car already.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Fuck this guy !! little league's really man..

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Oh for fucks sake. Someone just take this jackass out with a car already.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    Fuck this guy !! little league's really man..
    It is the EXACT same argument (legally) as O'Bannon et al. argument is now. ESPN broadcasts NCAA/Little League games and makes money off of it but the athletes don't get paid for it.

Honestly, its the best move by the NCAA's counsel to date b/c it shows just how truly RIDICULOUS all these pay the athletes morons are.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    It is the EXACT same argument (legally) as O'Bannon et al. argument is now. ESPN broadcasts NCAA/Little League games and makes money off of it but the athletes don't get paid for it.

Honestly, its the best move by the NCAA's counsel to date b/c it shows just how truly RIDICULOUS all these pay the athletes morons are.
    To totally overreach this argument can't this be said for anything/anyone that is shown on TV? If CNN broadcast a trial does the lawyers/judge/defendant get money?

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    To totally overreach this argument can't this be said for anything/anyone that is shown on TV? If CNN broadcast a trial does the lawyers/judge/defendant get money?
    Yes which is why we had a 1st Amendment at one time. I've long said EA/NCAA's strongest argument against this case is a free speech constitutional defense. However, liberals (such as our federal judge in San Fransico and the 9th Circuit) don't pay much attention to that old outdated document.

The only hope is a 5-4 SCOTUS ruling.

Wait, if it's settled, what's going to the Supreme Court?

Quote Originally Posted by souljahbill View Post
    Wait, if it's settled, what's going to the Supreme Court?
    The t.v. lawsuit is still going - the video game lawsuit settled.

WTF? I didn't realize there was a tv lawsuit. That's dumb. Can he sue the internet as well? I'm sure Ed O'Bannon has generated money for websites by increasing web views. What a fucking penis.

Coaches and players alike have argued about wanting stipends for cost of attendance. Would it be plausible for EA to provide some compensation in stipend-form to these athletes to circumvent pay for play rules? Or maybe simply a free copy of the game? Hell, bowl games reward players with gifts. Why is the NCAA okay with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk