Thread: EA SPORTS FIFA World in Global Open Beta

• Facebook
  • Display

EA SPORTS FIFA World in Global Open Beta

EA SPORTS FIFA World - a free-to-play PC game - has entered a Global Open Beta. The game features HD console gameplay, FIFA Ultimate Team, and a bevy of other features.

FIFA World is authentic, with over 16,000 real players from 600 real clubs and 31 fully licensed leagues. This summer all eyes will be on Brazil and you can lead your nation to victory in FIFA World with over 45 national teams to choose from.

There are three control options to choose from – traditional keyboard and gamepad controls for experienced FIFA and PC gamers are complimented by new, simple to use, mouse based controls which offer first time FIFA players an easy way to play.

FIFA World gameplay 3Events from the real world of football drive live content in FIFA World. New tournaments, limited time accomplishments, special versions of players, promotions and happy hours – there is something new in FIFA World almost every day.

Continue on to see the full list of key features and if you play, share your thoughts on the game.

• FIFA World Ultimate Team – Build your own unique club that plays your style of football and hit the pitch to compete in online and offline modes. Play the 24/7 transfer market and strategically outwit other gamers in buying, selling and trading the world’s greatest superstars to create your Ultimate Team.
    • League Mode – Lead your favorite real-world club to victory in Online Seasons and experience the drama of promotions and relegation as you battle against other community players to climb the league tables and reach the top flight.
    • Accomplishments – Complete challenges and earn rewards for in-game tasks revolving around gameplay, transfer market, tournaments, online play and more. Check FIFA World daily for limited time accomplishments that reflect activity from the real world of football and accomplish to earn coins, packs and XP!
    • Accessible Controls – Play with traditional gamepad devices , keyboard controls or try the new mouse based controls that are simple to use, but a challenge to master; and offer first time FIFA players and casual fans an easy and intuitive way to play. The choice is yours!
    • EAS FC Social Hub – Capture and share spectacular goals and beautiful moments you create on the pitch and instantly post them to the in-game social feed. Keep up with your friends’ in-game activity and debate and discuss the latest results and highlights with the community.
    • Single Player Tournaments - Enter your Ultimate Team into single player tournaments and challenge football clubs from around the world! Win trophies and you'll unlock new tournaments while earning rewards to boost your squad.
    • Feature Tournaments - Every week new featured tournaments put your Ultimate Team in the spotlight, challenging you to beat some of the world’s best clubs to earn even bigger rewards for your Ultimate Team including coins and packs!
    • Match Invites – Challenge your friends to an Ultimate Team showdown and see who has what it takes to rule the pitch.
    • Player Impact Engine – The physics engine is built to deliver real-world physicality in every interaction. Experience an infinite variety of natural and believable outcomes in every contact. Players feel resilient on the ball, push and pull during the fight for possession, and recover from light challenges more easily, preserving their natural momentum.
    • Pro Player Intelligence—CPU players are infused with self-awareness and aptitude, enabling them to make decisions based on their own skills as well as the strengths and attributes of their teammates. Additionally, teams will vary their attack based on the strengths of their players on the pitch, and the weaknesses of opposing players, creating a more authentic experience and greater variety of matches.
    • Tactical Defending—The defending mechanism places equal importance on positioning, intercepting passes and tackling at the right moment. Tactics and timing are crucial.
    • Precision Dribbling—Enjoy new ways to take on opponents, more time on the ball to make decisions, and complete control of the pace of the game. Utilize close dribble touches in tight spaces, on the wings, and even while fending off an opponent.
    • Complete Authenticity—31 officially licensed leagues, more than 600 clubs and 16,000 players.

You can view the page at http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...obal-Open-Beta

Hopefully no one here was too attached to FIFA World - it will be closing down in 90 days (July 14).

Today we are announcing that we are ending development of EA SPORTS FIFA World.

First and foremost, we know our loyal and passionate community will be most disappointed by this news. Your feedback and support during the beta testing period was invaluable and inspiring. From everyone on the FIFA World team, we thank you.

Our goal with FIFA World was to create an authentic FIFA experience that could be enjoyed by the millions of football fans around the world who don’t have access to a console or high-powered PC. The result was FIFA World, a new PC experience that combined award-winning FIFA gameplay with a live service. After a beta of nearly 18 months, an enormous amount of feedback and some great times with our players, we just didn’t have the momentum to bring the game to a full commercial launch. It’s a tough decision, but we believe ultimately the right one, that we stop development on the game. FIFA World beta servers will be open for the next 90 days until July 14th, when they will be permanently shut down. We encourage everyone to use any remaining FIFA Point balance by that time. While you can still spend FIFA Points you currently have, purchasing of new FIFA Points will be disabled as of today, as will the ability to register new accounts. If you have questions about this, please contact us at help.ea.com.

Once again, we thank everyone who participated in the FIFA World Beta. Our team is proud of what we have achieved with this game and we’re not done looking at new ways to bring new FIFA experiences to players around the world.

I forgot about this completely. I don't remember exactly what it was but I know it didn't interest me. Fortunately, I have access to a console.

If FIFA World had been successful, I forsaw MMOs being the future of many EA franchises. With it failing, I'm not sure what that means.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Quote Originally Posted by JeffHCross View Post
    If FIFA World had been successful, I forsaw MMOs being the future of many EA franchises. With it failing, I'm not sure what that means.
    My brain skills tell me that it means that you do not forsee MMOs being the future of many EA franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    My brain skills tell me that it means that you do not forsee MMOs being the future of many EA franchises.
    Well, I still think that's going to happen eventually. But since this failed, maybe I'm just completely wrong.

Then again, I see MMOs, or games using their concepts, replacing Madden and the like. It's a little harder to judge when a significant portion of the prospective audience has already purchased the stand-alone versions.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud