Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2nd Patch Broke the CPU running game and Sliders

• Facebook
  • Display
    I still believe that this is primarily a result of Dynasties that went a year or two (or more) before the recruiting and progression fixes. A team that has 11 FS, 14 CB, 10 WR etc is going to take a few years to straighten their roster out. How bad are the teams you guys are facing? Have you studied their depth charts? I quit my ND Dynasty because I didn't want to wait 2-3 seasons for things to balance out.

"You don't need to restart your Dynasty" is a true statement. But, remember, the damage has already been done and it takes a few seasons for the CPU to get their rosters back in line.

Just my .02, but I think we're comparing apples to oranges when we're talking about Dynasties in year 1 or 2 and Dynasties in year 5 or 6. Even if they were both started before the fixes.

In my opinion, the longer you went before the fixes the more significant the damage and the longer it will take to be corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    This part of my post below is something that could have been taken the wrong way.
    Oh, I knew. I'm just saying you'd have to do a lot worse to actually offend, I think
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I still believe that this is primarily a result of Dynasties that went a year or two (or more) before the recruiting and progression fixes.
    Thanks for reminding me. I actually meant to address that in my post as well. Rudy, I don't believe you've said, at least recently, if you're seeing no CPU running game in Play Now, Online Dynasty, or Offline Dynasty. As steeler said, if you're deep into an offline dynasty (or just more than one season, honestly), everything you're seeing could be because of poorly rated players or teams, and have absolutely nothing to do with the patch or tuner set.

I know one thing I've seen this year is that the sliders do not seem to scale very well. Most of the sliders sets I've played with, they'll give great games when both teams are highly (A, A-, B+) rated, but give horrible games even when both teams are low-rated (C-, D). In theory, it should be even, because it should all be relative. But that's not what I've seen.

One example is that we've all seen reports that a WR's Spectacular Catch animation triggers at SPC = 90. If a player has 90 or above SPC, he'll trigger SPC. If he doesn't, he won't. It's been my running theory for a couple years that sliders affect these "trigger points". RBA may be the most relevant to the current discussion ... if the RBA slider affects where a player's ability triggers his intelligence to juke, truck, or hit the hole differently ... that can have a significant effect on a running game.

However, if all the players now have low AWR, JKM, or SPM ... it may not matter how high or low the RBA slider is ... they may never trigger that additional level of awareness.

In summary ... if you're playing with low-rated players, or players that have had bad progression ... it's entirely possible that sliders will have little to no effect on those players.
    Last edited by JeffHCross; 08-25-2010 at 12:02 AM.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

I'm seeing a horrible cpu running game in both Play Now (I tested at least 6 games in this mode alone post patch) as well as Dynasty. I did not start my second dynasty until the tuning fix for progression so I don't think that is the case. Most of my games in my second season were post patch although I gave up on AA halfway through the year and switched to Heisman. I'm just seeing horrible results on AA in any game I play and have given up completely on that level. I'm not playing scrub matchups but just B to A matchups.

Lost to OSU at home last night 23-21. Forcier threw 3 picks in the 4th quarter to ruin my night! I finished 10-2 on the year and #11. I still won the Big 10 and will play Arizona in the Rose Bowl. OSU actually was having a bad year and is a B+ team (same as me). Herron rushed 25 times for 98 yards last night while my RB had 20 carries for 78 yards. Pretty good but you'd think with cpu run block at 100 and human rush defense at 0 they would be more successful on Heisman. I've got cpu RBA at 60 as well.

On another note, my NT Will Campbell 89 overall, had 74 tackles, 57 solo tackles, 38 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks on the year which is a Suh like year. He won the Lombardi and Bronco Nagurski. Half of those games were played on Heisman with cpu run block at 100 and human rush defense at 0. Last night against OSU he had 11 total tackles and 5 tackles for loss with 1 sack. For the record, I only play as a DE on certain passing downs as I normally play as a LB (95% of the time). I never played at Campbell - this was all on his own.
    Last edited by Rudy; 08-25-2010 at 05:31 AM.

SN's all american sliders over on OS seem to give me decent CPU rushing and CPU D but it is still flawed. I have learned to roll with the punches with this series. Over all I enjoy the game and once I quit trying to make the game play as good as I wanted it to I seem to enjoy it more. I dont mean to try to tell you to do the same but I am bored at work and just randomly typing junk.

I think the CPU running game greatly depends on how good your team is. In my teambuilder dynasty (3 years into a team based on North Texas roster) the CPU has had plenty of success running on me even as "D" teams. When I play with A&M, I pretty much shut the CPU running game down.