Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, Cover Vote & More

• Facebook
  • Display
    I totally agree - trajectory is an issue that causes some routes to be a worse. Vertical spacing suffers at times. The fade route is one of them.

Article: Madden NFL 15 First Info, Release Date, Trailer, & More

Sad to see they are milking the cover vote again. I figured that they were moving on from this approach. As to the release date... I think this is another bad move. No NCAA means they should move this game up to beginning of August. As it stands now, Madden, NHL and FIFA all come out within a few weeks of each other. This was a great opportunity to space things out.

As per pastapadre:

♦New player lock camera angles.
    ♦New pass rush tools.
    ♦New open-field tackling mechanics.
    ♦Smarter AI.
    ♦Enhanced on-field graphics.
    ♦In-depth player profiles.
    ♦New crowd-sourced play calling system (coach suggestions, community picks, concept plays).
    ♦Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Sad to see they are milking the cover vote again. I figured that they were moving on from this approach. As to the release date... I think this is another bad move. No NCAA means they should move this game up to beginning of August. As it stands now, Madden, NHL and FIFA all come out within a few weeks of each other. This was a great opportunity to space things out.
    Have to disagree. They had to push to get Madden out for the next gen systems in mid to late November. Throw in having to support the game after the release, tying up a chunk of your staff into the New Year. So they are working on a very short cycle as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Have to disagree. They had to push to get Madden out for the next gen systems in mid to late November. Throw in having to support the game after the release, tying up a chunk of your staff into the New Year. So they are working on a very short cycle as it is.
    Well, they better go back to early August then next year, because when I am making a choice between Madden, NHL and FIFA, I'll take NHL and FIFA every single time. NHL and FIFA I always know the level of product to expect and what will be released. Madden, who the hell knows what we may get from year to year.

Sent from my DROID Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass.

In the most likely scenario, the only football game I will be buying this Fall is FIFA 15. Although PES 15 is a slight possibility. I'll buy FIFA and NHL 15 without a doubt. Madden? Not likely, unless I see big changes.

As per pastapadre:

♦New player lock camera angles.
    ♦New pass rush tools.
    ♦New open-field tackling mechanics.
    ♦Smarter AI.
    ♦Enhanced on-field graphics.
    ♦In-depth player profiles.
    ♦New crowd-sourced play calling system (coach suggestions, community picks, concept plays).
    ♦Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows.
    I think he got those from the leaked Gamestop details.
    The dude abides.

I"ll still get Madden since I do enjoy soccer. NHL would be awesome.I dunno understand how they do so well with NHL but not Madden. I mean they are some company but hopefulyl we see big chances come August! I know that I was impressed with a rental here this. The graphics and different running style made a huge jump from 360 IMO.If August wasn't so close I'd madden 25 for x1 but I'll just wait know. A rental do me just good to see the changes and enjoy for a week.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    To say they pushed it out is a stretch IMO. Tiburon is on the record multiple times as stating this game was in full development for two years. Patches were minimal at best and many of the features were not fixed (eg. the pink captain patches for ALL rookies, etc.). Plus with madden gobbling up the NCAA team and splitting them between two versions of Madden 15 time should not at all be a factor or issue.

Five years ago I would be willing to buy madden, NHL and FIFA. Now with one game at the end of August and two in mid September I just am not willing or able to drop $180 + tax within less than one month's time for three video games. The cost and time commitment do not make it possible. August was a great time to get into football as the summer is in full swing. The last week of August through to the end of September is a very busy time for me with work, family, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    I think he got those from the leaked Gamestop details.
    Yes, you're correct on that. I should have mentioned that as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorfanStovy View Post
    I"ll still get Madden since I do enjoy soccer. NHL would be awesome.I dunno understand how they do so well with NHL but not Madden. I mean they are some company but hopefulyl we see big chances come August! I know that I was impressed with a rental here this. The graphics and different running style made a huge jump from 360 IMO.If August wasn't so close I'd madden 25 for x1 but I'll just wait know. A rental do me just good to see the changes and enjoy for a week.
    Serious question... when you go back and read that, does it make complete sense to you?

To say they pushed it out is a stretch IMO. Tiburon is on the record multiple times as stating this game was in full development for two years. Patches were minimal at best and many of the features were not fixed (eg. the pink captain patches for ALL rookies, etc.). Plus with madden gobbling up the NCAA team and splitting them between two versions of Madden 15 time should not at all be a factor or issue.

Five years ago I would be willing to buy madden, NHL and FIFA. Now with one game at the end of August and two in mid September I just am not willing or able to drop $180 + tax within less than one month's time for three video games. The cost and time commitment do not make it possible. August was a great time to get into football as the summer is in full swing. The last week of August through to the end of September is a very busy time for me with work, family, etc.
    We both played Madden 25 on next gen and it could have used a few more months years of development. Though that could be said about every Madden since Madden 05/06 on the PS2/Xbox.

The first college games start the last week of August and the first NFL games start in September. That is when football is in full swing, at least for me (I skip preseason games in Madden and in real life). I know the CFL starts in the Summer and pigskin fever cranks up months earlier in the Great White North. No cure other than to move to the US, where nobody cares about the CFL, most people despise soccer and hockey is only considered fun if you go to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by gschwendt View Post
    Serious question... when you go back and read that, does it make complete sense to you?

I don't enjoy soccer. Maybe that means I won't enjoy Madden?

I do think with NCAA gone Madden should be bumped back up a couple weeks. I know they may like the hype of football season starting and updated rosters are easier to manage later on but it also means if there are any major flaws we have to wait 4-6 weeks for the first meaningful patch which is now at the end of September or early October. That sucks. If the game released in the first half of August it would help in this area.

I do think the dev cycle is limited for next gen this year. They did release next gen late so I'm not expecting huge changes for Madden this time. I'll be curious to see how much effort they split between the PS3 and PS4 versions.

The dude abides.

Cover vote now underway at:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/feature/maddenvote

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

#nolinemennovote

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post

VERY weak bracket this year.