Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPU Blitz Happy?

• Facebook
  • Display

CPU Blitz Happy?

Just curious as to whether any of you have run into this issue.

I have found the CPU to be ridiculously blitz happy in this game. I'm not talking about sending 1 extra guy. I'm talking about them sending 7 or 8 far too often (IMO). The CPU also doesn't hide it. I get out of the huddle and say I call a run play. They show blitz and are clearly bringing the house. I audible to a quick pass and its a wide open touchdown (or long gain) every time.

They probably are too blitz happy. I don't get many TDs out of it though. The biggest complaint I've seen and agree with is that they use monster blitzes too often. Sending 6 guys or more should be very rare. Furthermore the Engage Eight blitz should be removed from the playbook. The double CB blitz is a huge waste too. The second CB from the wide side of the field should not blitz as he becomes completely useless. Remove those plays and the game would be better.

I can deal with the blitzes, it's that auto drop back that drives me nuts because by the time the animation is complete my QB has been sacked.

Yes, too CB blitz happy at times. A SE is routinely open straight down the field because the safety can't get over there or is just out of the play elsewhere.

I played half a game on Heisman last night to test out the broken cpu running game and the cpu definitely blitzed more on Heisman. Very small sample size (I did Miami vs. Miami) but I had read that the higher the difficulty level the more blitzes the cpu calls. I saw nothing in that Heisman game to disprove that.

I see enough blitzes on All-American that the prospect of seeing even more on Heisman has me shying away from Heisman.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

You have 4 seconds from the snap to get the pass off on Heisman blitzes. Thing is that just like real blitzes, there are holes, so just need to know where to hit.

Oh, I'm sure they're about the same as on All-American, in terms of time and reads.

I'm just saying I wouldn't want to face even more blitzes than I already do.

Honestly, you get so... used to the CPU blitzing its almost a shock when they don't. I'm debating of moving down to AA not b/c I'm struggling against the blitz. Rather, b/c the blitz is KILLING the CPU and allowing me to get far too many huge plays by simply audibles to quick pass play and hitting the receiver after he beats the BNR coverage on a slant.

Play action doesn't work because of their heavy blitzes and ability to get around your blockers with ease despite max protection. Yet if I sent that same blitz they will find someone open even faster.

^^This on Heisman. I rarely run PA as a result.

Skip, I agree and the one reason I do not call PA passes anymore. The upside just isn't there this year.

It's even worse on Madden. Going back to NCAA after playing five to six games of Madden in a row was a breath of fresh air how much time I had in the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    It's even worse on Madden. Going back to NCAA after playing five to six games of Madden in a row was a breath of fresh air how much time I had in the pocket.
    In Madden's defense, I don't think NFL QBs have as much time as NCAA QBs do in the pocket. Just ask Eli:

ny_u_elibloodyvert2_288.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    In Madden's defense, I don't think NFL QBs have as much time as NCAA QBs do in the pocket. Just ask Eli:

ny_u_elibloodyvert2_288.jpg
    LOL yes....you have a good point.

When I switched to all-pro it was getting annoying...I just need to man up!

I agree they blitz a lot, use poorly designed blitzes too much and hide it poorly. I can't decide if decision to blitz so much is the big problem or how they do it - though tend to lean towards execution. Aggressive defenses could be a fun challenge and add some identity to the defensive side much like the offenses this year. Furthermore, I don't seem to be the only one that finds defensive design and pre-snap alignment frequently lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by mundo View Post
    I agree they blitz a lot, use poorly designed blitzes too much and hide it poorly. I can't decide if decision to blitz so much is the big problem or how they do it - though tend to lean towards execution. Aggressive defenses could be a fun challenge and add some identity to the defensive side much like the offenses this year. Furthermore, I don't seem to be the only one that finds defensive design and pre-snap alignment frequently lacking.
    If I see the cpu do another 8 in the box I'm gonna scream!

The 8/9 in the box is one of the things that bothers me most this year. If I call Cover 2, or even Cover 2 man ... what earthly reason do my safeties have for coming up on a 1st and 10? And why the hell are they doing it without any provocation from me?

Also, what is the deal with the nickleback on the short side of the field every time by the CPU - even when there is a slot on the wide side? Doesn't make a whole lot of football sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mundo View Post
    Also, what is the deal with the nickleback on the short side of the field every time by the CPU - even when there is a slot on the wide side? Doesn't make a whole lot of football sense at all.
    Same goes for my team. Whenever I gamble and actually try to run a zone defense, EA should have my team line up properly. If I call a Nickel Cover 3 and they come out in 3 WR and the slot is on the right side, my slot nickel back should be over there. EA should automatically flip the defense for me instead of making me do it every time. It's a common sense thing and would hide the zone coverage a little better.