Thread: Need Help: Unable to play members in online dynasty!

• Facebook
  • Display

Need Help: Unable to play members in online dynasty!

Ok, here is the scoop. I am the commissioner of a four member online dynasty. All members have chosen 3* schools (Stanford, Texas Tech, Arkansas, and Southern Miss). We determined at the beginning of our first dynasty season to not schedule games against each other (at least for year #1) and let things develop on their own. We have reached post-season play and two members (Stanford and Texas Tech) have reached the National Championship game. These members have attempted to play numerous times over the course of the last four days, but the game continues to crash at or before kickoff. As of today, both members received the patch and tuning package and downloaded them and attempted to play this evening. Crash-ola! These guys have literally spent hours trying to play this game, but it will not let them even start. Here's the weird thing, they decided this evening to play a regular unranked game with their teams just to see if they could play - and it worked. What the living Hell is going on and how can we resolve it?

JB and I had a similar issue in the TGT OD. The only advice that I can give is to tell them to make sure all of their PC browsers etc are closed and have them reset their routers. That's what finally did it for us.

Thanks for your response. I just got off the phone with one of them and here's his explaination:

1. Each game they have tried, they at least make it to the coin toss before the game crashes. He said on his end it says, "connection failed" or something along those lines and on my other friends side it says, "opponent quit" or "connection failed".
    2. A few times, they've gotten to the kickoff, then it crashes. Same messages appear.
    3. Once, they were able to play into the 3rd quarter before the game terminated. Same message appeared.

I mentioned your solution, and he said they have both tried to make sure all devices hooked to the router are switched off, but they haven't reset their router. Why they can play a regular online game together but not an online dynasty game is beyond me.

JB and I got to 2OT the first time. We also played a regular online game against each other a few days before. What seemed to do the trick was resetting our routers. I dunno, it's frustrating.

What would be the procedure to reset the routers? Are you referring to disconnecting your router from the modem, unplugging the power from the modem, wait one minute, then reconnecting your router to the modem and plugging the power back into it?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy38 View Post
    What would be the procedure to reset the routers? Are you referring to disconnecting your router from the modem, unplugging the power from the modem, wait one minute, then reconnecting your router to the modem and plugging the power back into it?
    I think what you're describing is generally for modems. My router has a reset button, which is what I used. I'm the wrong guy (in relation to others here) to ask for too much tech support, lol.

Hopefully, one of our "Official TGT Computer Nerds(tm)" can chime in.

Huntington, WV -------------Michael Guthrie
    Well, to reset your router/modem since most people now-a-days just have their cable/dsl modem work as a hub distributing their internet through the various ports available on the cable/dsl modem, first, it would be useful to know what each of their setups are.

Are they hooking directly into the cable/dsl modem? Do they have a linksys router between them? Are they using wifi to connect to their cable/dsl modem?

Basically, make sure they aren't using a router at all. Hook DIRECTLY to the cable/dsl modem with an ethernet cable (and NOT with wifi as, for some reason, NCAA HATES wifi). If they are both hooked up directly to their cable/dsl modem with an ethernet cable (with NOTHING inbetween them and the cable/dsl modem), then it's very simple to reset it. Most have a pinhole on the back or side of them that you stick a pencil/pen/needle into holding in the button for a few seconds and then it resets the cable/dsl modem.

Unplugging the power from the cable/dsl modem doesn't actually reset it. All that's doing is forcing it to get another IP address (unless they have a static IP address, which is highly unlikely).

Anyone else still having this issue?

Since EA shut off custom lobbies & SS the first week after release, I have been unable to connect online with anyone - online or in ODs, either system.

Yikes!

The last online game I played was the one in our OD with JB. This is discouraging...

On 09 & 10, it seemed that even if you couldn't connect to someone in the lobbies via invite, you could still connect to all humans in your OD. This year, something has changed and that's no longer the case.

Chris, next time I'm online let's give it a try. I haven't had any problems connecting with anyone.
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

Sounds good. I'll end the streak.

Were you able to connect last night? Looked like you played against Romo
    Twitter: @3YardsandACloud

We each made changes to our connection on 360 and were able to get away from the Strict NAT.

I let my IP be assigned automatically and I think he opened some ports. On PS3, I can't get away from NAT 2 no matter what I try. The only thing I haven't tried (at least not on my connection) is a direct connection to the modem.

Quote Originally Posted by cdj View Post
    We each made changes to our connection on 360 and were able to get away from the Strict NAT.

I let my IP be assigned automatically and I think he opened some ports. On PS3, I can't get away from NAT 2 no matter what I try. The only thing I haven't tried (at least not on my connection) is a direct connection to the modem.
    You mean NAT 3 right?

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    You mean NAT 3 right?
    That was my question, lol.

Yeah, my bad. NAT 3. I'm going to try a straight connect later today and see what that does....

you may have to put your modem into bridge mode if you are also using a wireless router. I also had problems until I did this. That way the router handles all the traffic. I also put my PS3 into a DMZ on the router. After this my connection switched to NAT 2 and my connections speed improved.

How do you put the modem into Bridge Mode? I've dug through all the modem settings and didn't see how.

I have played user vs user games online in my dynasties just fine up until 3 days ago... I send them a invite or they send me a invite to the game... It wont sync us together at the Selection screen where you pick ur unis and playbooks and get ready... It just always says waiting for oppoent... Never had this issue before.. Seems like others are starting to have them now too... Whats up with that ? What did ea change or do to start this issue ?