Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Johnny Football said the Texans better not pass him over and let their "rival" Jacksonville get him.

I didn't know two teams in the shitter = rivalry.
    Ideally I would love to see all 32 teams pass on him. He may have talent but the kid is a smug, immature and highly entitled person. A little humility would serve him well. Please Oakland... if he's there don't select him...

Quote Originally Posted by jaymo76 View Post
    Ideally I would love to see all 32 teams pass on him. He may have talent but the kid is a smug, immature and highly entitled person. A little humility would serve him well. Please Oakland... if he's there don't select him...
    LOL every single Heisman winner has been that the last few years except for the Alabama Running back. Even Tebow was smug in the sense that he thought he would be a QB no matter what the better judgement said. They get over it in a year or 2 anyway.

early scouting..his mechanics aren't good anyway..he relies on his arm-doesn't step through and throws off balance all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    LOL every single Heisman winner has been that the last few years except for the Alabama Running back. Even Tebow was smug in the sense that he thought he would be a QB no matter what the better judgement said. They get over it in a year or 2 anyway.
    Nothing like painting everyone with a broad brush smh. Manziel was a huge partier at A&M and there was definite friction with him and the coaching staff there. He also felt he could get away with signing autographs for cash (he did) when he knew it was against the rule. You have to go back to Reggie Bush to see a kid try to get away with some of that stuff. These are red flags.

And Tebow was not smug. He wanted to be a QB and he told teams that. He was still a hard worker and leader in the clubhouse. He just wasn't a good passer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Nothing like painting everyone with a broad brush smh. Manziel was a huge partier at A&M and there was definite friction with him and the coaching staff there. He also felt he could get away with signing autographs for cash (he did) when he knew it was against the rule. You have to go back to Reggie Bush to see a kid try to get away with some of that stuff. These are red flags.

And Tebow was not smug. He wanted to be a QB and he told teams that. He was still a hard worker and leader in the clubhouse. He just wasn't a good passer.
    Yeah, and with how wild Manziel ran while at Texas A&M, just think of how he'll be in the NFL, with money piling in from his contracts and any endorsements, not having to watch his steps (like he even did) to avoid getting penalized by the NCAA or his coaches. It's going to be free reign for him. I give him three years before he goes over a cliff in life outside of football and he fades out of the scene in football.

He would have made a great character in ESPN's Playmakers.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    The dude abides.

ESPN - Browns reportedly were close to trading several picks to 49ers for Jim Harbaugh; team won't deny report
    Wait.

What?

Boy, the Clowns are getting DESPERATE for a QB.

I don't know where the Harbaugh stuff came from. I guess there is a bit of tension between the front office but a trade to Cleveland? Jed York flat out denied it on Twitter.

People make such a big deal about a QB's height. I'm not sure how important it is. With tall offensive lineman even a 6'5" QB (whose eyes are not at 6'5") does not see over top of those big guys in pads and helmets. Balls are knocked down at the line no matter what your height. Tannehill is 6'4" and had a lot of balls knocked down compared to Russell Wilson. You've got Wilson and Brees doing great despite their height. We've seen Flutie and Jeff Garcia also be great. I think it's an over-rated metric for QBs. Can you read a defense? Can you be accurate with the football? Those questions are FAR more important.

Manziel guaranteed a 6' measurement and he came up 1/4" short. Big deal. With three good QB prospects at the top of a deep draft it will be interesting to see where they get drafted. A lot of QB needy teams at the top. I have no idea how Manziel will translate to the NFL. But I don't think his height is going to determine his future.

I don't know where the Harbaugh stuff came from. I guess there is a bit of tension between the front office but a trade to Cleveland? Jed York flat out denied it on Twitter.

People make such a big deal about a QB's height. I'm not sure how important it is. With tall offensive lineman even a 6'5" QB (whose eyes are not at 6'5") does not see over top of those big guys in pads and helmets. Balls are knocked down at the line no matter what your height. Tannehill is 6'4" and had a lot of balls knocked down compared to Russell Wilson. You've got Wilson and Brees doing great despite their height. We've seen Flutie and Jeff Garcia also be great. I think it's an over-rated metric for QBs. Can you read a defense? Can you be accurate with the football? Those questions are FAR more important.

Manziel guaranteed a 6' measurement and he came up 1/4" short. Big deal. With three good QB prospects at the top of a deep draft it will be interesting to see where they get drafted. A lot of QB needy teams at the top. I have no idea how Manziel will translate to the NFL. But I don't think his height is going to determine his future.
    Depends on the system as well.

I know seeing the games of Manziel that I seen while he was at A&M. It appeared he took rather deep drops even while in the shotgun. Of course he won't be able to get those same deep drop backs in NFL as the defenders move alot faster than in college. But it scheme will play a factor into it.

Not so much as getting ball batted down, but being able to see his targets down field over the middle.

I noticed Russell Wilson took similar deep drop backs as well, or rolled to a side.

uploadfromtaptalk1393860432891.jpg

The Glazer family will, eventually, turn the Buccaneers colors into an exact match of their other team's.

uploadfromtaptalk1393860510391.jpg

I dig the new unis.
    The dude abides.

ESPN - Seahawks CB Richard Sherman tells themmqb.com idea to ban N-word in NFL is "atrocious ... almost racist"
    Wait.

What???

Steelers designate OLB Jason Worilds as the team's transition player.
    This means the Steelers can match any offer to Worilds (considered the top FA OLB since Orakpo is off the market). The transition tag is $9.754M.

Wow. Transition tags are rare.

Grimes stayed with Miami. Fair contract.

I've seen a couple the last few days. I don't know the difference since the last CBA, but I suspect it is somewhat significant since they're being used more frequently now it seems.

I don't know why Cleveland used it on Mack. They had the room for franchise unless they are just willing to let other teams do the negotiating for them and then just match.

I don't know why Cleveland used it on Mack. They had the room for franchise unless they are just willing to let other teams do the negotiating for them and then just match.
    Do they have the Franchise Tag available? They might not, though I have no idea.

Yeah I know, though I believe I've heard about them just didn't know what they were exactly called. Then again I thought they were similar to restricted FA's. Probably because the language is somewhat similar to me.

Think it was a good move and hopefully a deal can get done though someone will have to go. As much as I like Woodley he can't stay healthy

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1393860432891.jpg

The Glazer family will, eventually, turn the Buccaneers colors into an exact match of their other team's.

uploadfromtaptalk1393860510391.jpg

pure crap

Quote Originally Posted by ram29jackson View Post
    pure crap
    The Glazer family owns Manchester United. That club dwarfs the Buccaneers. It is obvious they are trying to make the Bucs look like the Red Devil scum.

Thing is, as I've read, the numbers look like an alarm clock and the uniform could fit the Redskins or Seminoles with a helmet change. There is nothing there that makes it obvious that it's Tampa Bay.