Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Club (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Yeah I'll be buying this bad boy tomorrow. If nothing else hopefully they can provide some much needed competition to EA in the golf game market.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    Yeah I'll be buying this bad boy tomorrow. If nothing else hopefully they can provide some much needed competition to EA in the golf game market.
    This is more like Links. I am sure EA will sell a ton of battleship...I mean pga when it drops to fans of that genre. I don't think that HBS thinks it can compete but rather fill a niche that EA does not. Oh, and provide a course designer that EA has refused to do as it would make that yearly purchase of those dlc courses unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    This is more like Links. I am sure EA will sell a ton of battleship...I mean pga when it drops to fans of that genre. I don't think that HBS thinks it can compete but rather fill a niche that EA does not. Oh, and provide a course designer that EA has refused to do as it would make that yearly purchase of those dlc courses unnecessary.
    BTW - did you ever pic up that new headset? If not get on it slacker so I can talk smack while I hit the ball into the water on 5 straight shots.

I have been on pc with this game and LOVE it! Most of these "reviews" seem to me to be from folks that have not played the game. I am aware of issues at launch with the XB1 but have heard that they are much better now. I look so forward to this bargain tomorrow and hope to play with many of you again
    Well maybe I'll get it. I won't be around tomorrow or Wednesday though, so by Thursday I can see your guys' impressions, along with the other user impressions.
    The dude abides.

Checked the PSN Store, not seeing it to download yet, maybe later this afternoon?

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    Checked the PSN Store, not seeing it to download yet, maybe later this afternoon?
    Yeah... since it's not a AAA title, it won't have pre-load and will be available once the store is updated later today, typically by 5pm CT.

Glad I didn't jump on it right away.
    The dude abides.

forgot to get this bad boy last night need to give myself a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Glad I didn't jump on it right away.
    Only if you have a lot of friends and they are playing the game as well.

Better start on user reviews for PS4....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays.../the-golf-club
    The dude abides.

downloading now....excited for GOLF!

First impressions, looks VERY GOOD. Like Links for the PC. No silly stuff like Tiger Woods would allow you to do, simple, realistic golf. I've played the "tee-off" hole 2 times, it's a dog-leg left, +2 the first time, even par 4 the 2nd time. I like the commentary.

EDIT:

Played my first 9 holes at Two Rivers Golf Club. Shot

8 4 6 4 2 6 5 5 5 = 45 (+9)

It's nice how they have yardage sticks, 250, 200, 100, etc...

The commentary is off, I sliced the heck outta one of my drives and he says, "that's quiet a hook on that one"...should have been a slice.

It seems like real life golf where you have to play the same course a few times to get the hang of where to hit your shots. Not like Tiger Woods where it gives you an aimpoint and target, this seems much more realistic.

EDIT #2, it looks like people are in the process of making courses and tournaments, there is 1 that will open in 6 days.

As far as the courses go, I see 21 different courses to play so far.

Edit #3, playing my first full 18, a cool feature is if you exit it has auto-saved and you can continue your round later.

While playing if you Press O it will give you a shot/hole overview similar to a yardage book.

I haven't figured out if you can change/edit the clubs yet. The putter they have looks like an Odyssey DF 990.

I did figure out how to change my golfers clothes, glove, hat, etc...
    Last edited by gigemaggs99; 08-27-2014 at 04:03 PM.

I decided to grab the game.

Using Tapatalk on my Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by gigemaggs99 View Post
    First impressions, looks VERY GOOD. Like Links for the PC. No silly stuff like Tiger Woods would allow you to do, simple, realistic golf. I've played the "tee-off" hole 2 times, it's a dog-leg left, +2 the first time, even par 4 the 2nd time. I like the commentary.

I haven't figured out if you can change/edit the clubs yet. The putter they have looks like an Odyssey DF 990.

I did figure out how to change my golfers clothes, glove, hat, etc...

You can't change clubs.....that was something they wanted to add at a later point that I don' think they added before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by oweb26 View Post
    You can't change clubs.....that was something they wanted to add at a later point that I don' think they added before launch.
    No you can't yet. I assume since they have not sunk money into licenses and they want all players on a level playing field, I would imagine if/when they add that, it would be a generic change to the look of the clubs.

Loving this game BTW

No you can't yet. I assume since they have not sunk money into licenses and they want all players on a level playing field, I would imagine if/when they add that, it would be a generic change to the look of the clubs.

Loving this game BTW
    You best be workin' on your Madden skillz before the TGT CFM season gets rollin' Just sayin'

Played a couple holes last night. It's not too bad, probably $20 would have been a better price.

Eventually it can evolve hopefully.
    The dude abides.

So there is no way to play your friends?

I can wait until price drops, especially if JB says $20 considering he will buy any game pretty much lol

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post
    Played a couple holes last night. It's not too bad, probably $20 would have been a better price.

Eventually it can evolve hopefully.
    So you think it is worth less than what we pay each year for the same DLC courses from ea? In think the course editor alone is worth $35, the game play itself is way better than pga and I don't have to mess with pins that control the wind, coins, socks, gloves, shirts or any of that other cash grab bs.

Granted it is different and not without its own set of issues but $20? Really?

Oh well to each his own.