Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: The Golf Club (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Facebook
  • Display
    Quote Originally Posted by skipwondah33 View Post
    So there is no way to play your friends?

I can wait until price drops, especially if JB says $20 considering he will buy any game pretty much lol
    Yes you can but it does not have a "lobby" system. Everyone plays simultaneously and you see the ghost ball tracers. If I am not online and you see a course I played you can play against my ghost ball as well. There is a setting to turn off my score so you will not know ahead of time the score to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by SCClassof93 View Post
    So you think it is worth less than what we pay each year for the same DLC courses from ea? In think the course editor alone is worth $35, the game play itself is way better than pga and I don't have to mess with pins that control the wind, coins, socks, gloves, shirts or any of that other cash grab bs.

Granted it is different and not without its own set of issues but $20? Really?

Oh well to each his own.
    That's at a first glance.

Using Tapatalk on my Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

How do they anticipate making money if this won't be a yearly title and they aren't doing any DLC?

If there won't be any DLC that hinders my enjoyment of the game I can definitely dig that.

Course creator is smooth. I'm making a tough course now, but balancing things out with medium difficulty gameplay.

Using Tapatalk on my Galaxy S5 for shats & gaggles.
    The dude abides.

2nd patch came out yesterday. A bunch of new camera options and it seems to run a bit smoother.

You can also disable that blimp follow camera that EA has used for years and for some crazy reason this game followed suit. Even better is you can press the (X) during the ball in flight to switch back to it. Works great as the camera has to catch up to the ball so you do not have the annoying overhead look. The camera options really do add to the game. You can remove DOF for even better performance and looks just as good. It is like a whole new ball game with this this update.

Hopefully the fine folks at Tiburon are taking notes and passing them on to the big wigs at Corporate on how to handle customer service, before, during and after the sale. This is how you address customers issues. Not just the brilliant communication in the forums but delivering with the patches. Kudos HB Studios.

Video example

EA has promised to put "players first." Ball is in your court.
    Last edited by bdoughty; 10-21-2014 at 08:40 AM.

The patch has improved an already good game. My main complaint is there seems to be little to play for, any interest in starting another tgt tour??

The patch has improved an already good game. My main complaint is there seems to be little to play for, any interest in starting another tgt tour??
    SC I've enjoyed the game too but other than trying to beat your scores there isn't much to play for.

Quote Originally Posted by CLW View Post
    SC I've enjoyed the game too but other than trying to beat your scores there isn't much to play for.
    And that's why I never bought this game. If I want to just play a round of golf, fine, it's probably great. But I like to play for things. I play NCAA to play dynasty mode and try to win championships and bowl games. I played FIFA to try and win league titles. I play NHL to try and win the Stanley Cup. I play MLB The Show to try and win the World Series. I play golf to try and win the PGA Championship, so for golf games, I'm sticking with Tiger Woods/PGA because I can play through an establish season mode and try to win titles.

I remember when Hands and I tried to tell you this.
    The dude abides.

Quote Originally Posted by JBHuskers View Post

What? That features were going to be slim at launch? I knew that going in, I also know that the game actually works way better than TW14 ever did, certainly better than after the first and only "patch".

What? That features were going to be slim at launch? I knew that going in, I also know that the game actually works way better than TW14 ever did, certainly better than after the first and only "patch".
    Boom, you just sunk his battleship!

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Boom, you just sunk his battleship!

Not really, you guys were acting like it was the second coming of golf, and it wasn't. After release, the thread here died pretty quick too.
    The dude abides.

Not really, you guys were acting like it was the second coming of golf, and it wasn't. After release, the thread here died pretty quick too.

Nobody was acting like it was the second coming. I think the feeling was that of joy to have another option for a Golf game. Excitement to see a development team that listened to it's customer base and has added to the game, in multiple patches. Just because there is a lack of discussion here about the game means absolutely nothing.

I was excited about having an alternative. An alternative that is indeed a better golf sim than anything we have had recently. I do not miss the tricked up difficulty, leveling up etc, but the fact is if WE here all played it together as we did an inferior product for years and had the same type of tour.........I believe most of us that enjoy golf would enjoy the game. That was my lament, I only played the solo crap on TW to level up and grab trophies....the most enjoyment for me is Head to Head and chatting while we play. For some reason this game has not gotten the love/hype here but if we had the same 6 to 10 or so guys playing a TGT Tour my lament/complaint would be pointless.
    To each his own I guess.
    Last edited by SCClassof93; 10-29-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bdoughty View Post
    Nobody was acting like it was the second coming. I think the feeling was that of joy to have another option for a Golf game. Excitement to see a development team that listened to it's customer base and has added to the game, in multiple patches. Just because there is a lack of discussion here about the game means absolutely nothing.
    Beat me to it.........

Reason I never brought it either

I was excited about having an alternative. An alternative that is indeed a better golf sim than anything we have had recently. I do not miss the tricked up difficulty, leveling up etc, but the fact is if WE here all played it together as we did an inferior product for years and had the same type of tour.........I believe most of us that enjoy golf would enjoy the game. That was my lament, I only played the solo crap on TW to level up and grab trophies....the most enjoyment for me is Head to Head and chatting while we play. For some reason this game has not gotten the love/hype here but if we had the same 6 to 10 or so guys playing a TGT Tour my lament/complaint would be pointless.
    To each his own I guess.
    Because a game where you have to create your own longevity, that has no season or career modes to keep you playing, is a waste of my time and money. To me, it's the same as if Madden was released with Play Now and multiplayer as the only options. I shouldn't have to pay for a game and then have to manually do all the work of keeping track of and managing a entire season or career in this day and age of sports video games. This ain't the 90s anymore with bare bones Windows 95 PC games.

You had the most enjoyment in head to head, good for you. I had the most enjoyment in career mode on TW. Until this game adds a career mode, this game is a waste of my time and a waste of my money.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothPancakes View Post
    Because a game where you have to create your own longevity, that has no season or career modes to keep you playing, is a waste of my time and money. To me, it's the same as if Madden was released with Play Now and multiplayer as the only options. I shouldn't have to pay for a game and then have to manually do all the work of keeping track of and managing a entire season or career in this day and age of sports video games. This ain't the 90s anymore with bare bones Windows 95 PC games.

You had the most enjoyment in head to head, good for you. I had the most enjoyment in career mode on TW. Until this game adds a career mode, this game is a waste of my time and a waste of my money.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk because I'm a lazy ass
    Coming from you I found that so funny.
    http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...arousel-Career

BTW smooth I am not saying no to a career mode and those that enjoy it, still if you are into playing a career with humans, keeping track manually is required as it was here at the TGT tour.